Buff Badgers Week of May 11

heartymax

Cathlete
Hi Brenda, I hope you had a great weekend.

We took DS17 on a college tour to West Virginia University over the weekend. I knew to expect that town to be different from what I am used to, but wow---was it worst than I imagined. No offense to any WVU grads on the forum, but I so glad my son didn't like it because I couldn't imagine sending him there. The campus is split on two different sides of town. The tour guide kept saying the campus was beautiful---it was okay but the town was far from beautiful. Some people just love WVU and some people do not. We wanted to form our own opinion so we scheduled a visit.

This morning was Step only premix of Cardio Fusion. For some reason my lower back started aching at about 30 minutes. I really needed more cardio so I jumped on the elliptical to finish out the 48 minutes and was praying my back was not going to continue to hurt. I was able to get through the elliptical cardio with no problem. I finished off with 3 sets of 10 pushups and some planks. STS is not going well--but hey---i am still working out.

Hi Hearty!

It's good that you all felt the same way about WVU. Another other Univ. that he's considering or interested in?

Glad that your held out so you could complete your workout.

Saturday I did legs from meso 1, I think it was disc 9. Then I also had my first Saturday class that I taught. I only had the two people but they showed up and I thought it went well. They said they enjoyed it and that it was a good workout. Man were my legs sore yesterday and are still sore today. Not as bad but I'm still feeling it. I didn't workout this morning since I have my kickboxing class tonight. I had planned on working out this morning but when I realized my legs still hurt I decided to hold off until tonight for my workout. I'm thinking I still should have done something to get them loosened up. Too late now. I'll have time to get them warmed up and loose before class tonight.

Enjoy the rest of your day!
Brenda

DS is not sure where he wants to go to college. He just knows that he wants to go. We are definitely looking at some state schools as well. We have a local community college so that is an option also for him. Our goal is to visit some places just so he can get a feel of how campuses are different.

I bet your legs are sore. Disc 9 is torture. Glad your class went well. Regardless of how many people showed up, the ones who came really enjoyed it and that is what matters. They can spread the word:).

I wanted a change this week so I am doing Xtrain. Got in Burnsets Biceps and Triceps with Core 1---and oh how I love this workout.

Good Morning!

My kickboxing/boxing class last night went really well. I was pleased. I must have done something right on Saturday because one of the people from my Saturday class signed up last night for my kickboxing class too. In this class I have 4 people. We were joking that they'll be thinking of me today if they are sore. This morning I did Disc 10 of chest, shoulders, and bi's. The last week of STS Mesocycle 1.

Yesterday morning DH's niece had a baby boy. 7lbs 2oz. 20" long. Mom & baby are doing good.

Does DS know what he wants to go to school for? I think its good that you're looking at all options.

I do love Burn Sets too.

Make it a great day!
Brenda

Good Morning!

This morning was Cardio Coach Press Play. I skipped the last challenge. I was running out of time. Felt great to get a good sweet on. Chest, shoulders, and bi's are a little sore from yesterdays workout but not too bad.

Have a wonderful day!
Brenda

I skipped my workout yesterday. My professional portfolio is due at the end of the week so I used my normal workout time to work on my portfolio. I squeezed in 30 minutes of elliptical cardio this morning so I could still get in some time on my portfolio. I have been keeping stuff in a folder. I just have to get everything organized. Can we say procrastination at its best. I am normally not like that.

Good Morning! This morning was Meso 1 Disc 10 Back and tri's. Always have to be careful with my low back on the bent over rows.

Hearty - I'm sure you'll get your portfolio done in time and it'll look great.

Happy Friday!

This morning I did ROKO. It feels so good to do some jumping around. I can tell though that I need to continue building that strength up in my legs cause those plyo moves are tough on my legs. I'll get there.

Have a wonderful weekend!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.