Buff Badgers Week of April 30th

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning Ladies,

Holy chest work batman! Gym Style Chest & Triceps for me this morning, and I made it through all the push-ups on my toes! Triceps where shaking, because I had done STS Disc 36 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps. Had used the 90% weights, so I really worked those muscles.

Nothing exciting this weekend. Well maybe getting a weed wacker! My DH got one that is battery operated, so now I can use it. Those gas powered ones are just to dang heavy! :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Thanks for starting us off, Laurie!

Friday I did CTX Kickbox, which I very much enjoyed. It was a good sweat without being dread-inducing. Speaking of dread-inducing, Saturday I did Leaner Legs....;)

I did indeed order the Pyramid workouts, as well as High Reps.

Took yesterday off. We had a family baptism with a big brunch. Then I was craving vegetables and DH and I decided to get really vegetable-y Chinese. Mistake. All that salt made me feel awful. I barely ate half of my food, but I'm still recovering this morning.

Have a great Monday, everybody! Tomorrow is May 1st!

Sam, I was wondering if you would be posting also. :) Glad you enjoyed the kickboxing, that one is my favorite of all the CTX workouts. LL is a great workout, now you know why it is nicknamed Meaner Legs. :D Drink lots of water today to help with that sodium intake. ;)

Good Morning Ladies and Happy Monday!

I have a vacation day today (from my normal job anyway). Weekend was a little relaxing on Saturday and then back to the grind on Sunday. Saturday morning did Afterburn. Had to take our two cats to the vet for blood work. One of them is diabetic and has kidney disease so we wanted to see how he was doing and the other one lost weight so we wanted to find out what was going on with him. That was very traumatic morning morning. I don't know who was more stressed out me or the cats. My poor bandit (the diabetic one) screamed so loud it sounded like a little child was being torchered. Brought tears to my eyes listening to him scream in the back room. Smokey handled it a much better. He still cried and hissed but not as bad as Bandit. Once we got that over with we enjoyed ourselves with a couples massage. Sunday was getting stuff done around the house and then in the afternoon we did some spring clean up for a restaurant that we do landscaping for (my DH and I own a PT landscaping business). My body was sore from that Sunday night.

Monday the morning started off with Week 2 of the X-Factor. Harder exercises than week 1. They only did 2 rounds but I went with the 3 rounds for a better workout. DH and I had to do some running around this morning and hoping to clean the house today yet and then this afternoon hopefully we can finish the spring clean up at the restaurant depending if the grass dries enough or not.

Looks like everyone is off to a great start on the workouts for a Monday.

Gotta fly!!
Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Sorry I didn't checkin on Friday. Our company had a "Town Hall Meeting" where we get to ask the Executives questions about anything going on in the company. They hold it over my lunch break so couldn't checkin.

Laurie - It's the little things in life, right? DH installed a keyless entry for the garage door on Friday. We've been wanting one of those for years. I think GS CST at 90% would be really, really hard.

Sam - I love CTX Kickbox - except for the warmup which is a little space-hoggie.

Brenda - I hate taking our cats to the vet! We have to drug our male cat because he hyperventilates in the car. DD held the carrier on her lap once (dangerous I know) to try to calm him and he peed in the carrier. It went through and soaked DD's pants. They're usually okay once we get to the vet's office and the car ride home is not as bad. So why was Bandit screaming? Being poked with needles? I don't think anybody likes that - cat or human. How old are your cats? Ours are 8 years old and no problems other than our female cat needed surgery to have bladder stones removed. She's okay now but I have to watch her because sometimes she still wants to pee outside the litter box. Hope you get some time today on your day off to enjoy yourself.

Hi, Susan!

Did Jillian's NMTZ on Friday. On Saturday I cleaned my house and then spent the rest of the day as a lazy slug. Felt good. Yesterday I made up for it with 10 Pound Slimdown Extreme Kickbox AND Lower Body 40 min. workouts. Surprised I'm not sore today. This morning I did the Upper Body 40 min. workout.

DD was confirmed yesterday. It was a very nice ceremony and we went out to eat afterwards. DD also earned an Academic letter which I'm very proud of her for. You may recall she gives me grief with her grades so may find it strange that I'm complaining when her grades are good. Well, here's the deal. She forgets to do or hand in assignments and with 1 or 2 weeks left in the quarter/semester, she has a C or D in the class. With lots of extra work on the weekends and constant nagging from me, she gets things handed in (she's lucky the teachers even take such late work) and ends up bringing up her grade to a B. In the classes she doesn't have much homework or projects, she usually skates by with an A. She's a very smart girl and really should be getting close to all As. I've told her I don't demand she do that but she is NOT a C or D student either. Anyway, just thought I'd clarify so you don't think I'm being unrealistic with her.

For those of you with loved ones with cholesterol issues. Get them to eat oatmeal! I had a health evaluation done last fall and my cholesterol was 230. Not good. I started eating my oatmeal again as my afternoon snack and I swear that's the ONLY THING I changed. Had my cholesterol checked in January and it was down to 190. I take plain oatmeal, add half a scoop of chocolate protein powder and water, microwave for about 2 min. Doesn't even need extra sugar.

HI Ladies! Sorry I was a poor poster last week!:( Hope to do better this time around!:p Saturday I did the elliptical for 45mn (6miles) then did 30mn of pilates. Sunday I walked Ruby for 40mn and did core work for 30.

Today I started a new rotation I made up. I chose a lower body and an upper body workout from my Fitness Binder (workouts from Oxygen) and made a Total Body workout of my own. I am incorporating, P90x, Supreme 90, Cathe and Jillian cardio plus running (weather permitting). Today was KenpoX. I missed this workout!:D

Sue, congrats to your DD! Her study habits are so similar to my DD's it's scary! How they can handle the stress when it comes to crunch time is beyond me. My DD seems to thrive on it!

Laurie, I bought DH a battery operated weed wacker for Fathers Day 2 summers ago. We LOVE it! :) Congrats on all those pushups!

Sam, I actually am doing the cardio portion of CTX Kickbox tomorrow! I really like workout when I need a quick, fun cardio.

Have a good evening and I'll see you all soon! Susan

I didn't sleep well Sunday night so I overslept Monday morning resulting in no workout. I worked out on Saturday but I can't remember what I did:rolleyes:. This morning was GS Back, Shoulders and Biceps.

Laurie---90% on GS YIKES!!!!

Susan---your rotation sounds like fun.

Sue--congrats on lowering your cholesterol.

Brenda--our golden retriever has a whimpers when he goes to the vet. I hate the sound of that so I can imagine how you felt listening to your cat.

Sam----great choice on your purchases. You will love them.

Good morning! No workout for me yesterday, either. I think what was making me miserable was not the Chinese food but a touch of some sort of stomach bug. My stomach's been in knots, and I'm all dizzy. I've just started to feel better in the last hour or so, but I'm not sure yet if I'll work out later or not. Maybe just one of the strength segments from 4DS.

Laurie- Yes, it's definitely a "mean" little workout! I do appreciate that it's short. I can only take so much lower body work.

Brenda- I've been meaning to email you, but thank you for the email about the supplement. We will definitely look into that. Couples' massage sounds lovely. Where do you go for something like that? Taking pets to the vet is always terrible.

Sue- Your DD sounds so much like me when I was in high school. It's nuts. I remember delivering overdue assignments to teachers' houses, and even on graduation day. I was just awful. It really irks me now, because I was certainly intelligent enough to be on the honor roll, but my grades were always getting docked because of late work. On the plus side, I turned out okay ;)

Susan- Very interesting rotation! So, are you using the paper Oxygen workouts only for strength and adding in videos just for cardio?

Hi Heartymax!

Have a good day, everyone. It's May :eek::eek::eek:

Morning Ladies,

I think Sam inspired a lot of us to do CTX Kickboxing cardio, because that is what I did this morning. I added on KCM's 30MTF Kickboxing Punch Mix also. I did 90% weights on the STS workout NOT the GS workout. No way, I would be suffering even more this morning than I am right now. It really surprises me how sore I am. I was just sore in the tricep area from doing the 90% weights on Sat., and then tricep work in GS on Monday. :eek:

Brenda, The Weider workouts always do two rounds, but they do get harder each week. ;) Glad to hear that the cats are doing good, ours was just to the vet yesterday. And of course she didn't like being there. :D She was telling everyone in the lobby how horrible it was, DH said she was talking up a storm. :rolleyes: Hope you had a nice day off.

Sue, Congrats to your DD on her confirmation and academic award. My dd was the same way, she did well when she handed in her homework. But her teachers didn't give her any breaks. ;) I agree with you on the warm up to CTX Kicboxing. I don't have that much room! Cardio Kickbox is the same way.

Susan, He what can you do when you are busy! ;) I'm hoping to get out to use the new weed wacker tonigh, that is one outside job that I enjoy! :D Do you get the FitnessRX also? I have friended them on FB, and they have some great posts about exercises.

heartymax, Are you back to doing GS workouts this week?

Have a wonderful day!

No workout yet today. I plan to do cardio and core tonight. Not sure what yet - it'll depend how much time I have.

Laurie - Some teachers will not accept late work but others will. I "almost" wish none of them did because it might teach her a lesson. Maybe. I keep wishing for that lesson to sink in. :( Whew! I'm glad it was STS and not GS. You were making me feel pretty wimpy with that 90%. ;)

Sam - If I knew my DD would turn out as well as you, I wouldn't stress so much. :)

Heartymax - Your post reminded me of the wimp.com video of the dog who needs to hold holds while in the car. The poor thing whimpers and yawns if it doesn't so it's stressed out and the hand-holding calms it down. Hmmm. . . maybe something to try?

Susan - I try to tell DD she needs to be more like the tortoise than the hare so she doesn't get so far behind but it doesn't sink in. She's had every privilege I can think of taken away and is not allowed to go to Prom. You'd think she'd learn. Thanks for the KenpoX idea. Maybe I'll do that one tonight. It's been awhile. . .

Happy May Day everyone! Yikes! Is it really May already?! :eek:

Hello! This morning was lower body strength and CTX Kickbox(cardio only). I did my own warm-up instead of Cathes since I was already pretty warm from lower body work!:)

Yes, my strength training is coming from Oxygen and my cardio will be from DVDs or running. I was so surprised at how much I pushed myself today and how much I was sweating! It has been so long since I worked out on my own, without having a trainer telling me what to do. It was a lot of fun, but my legs are so sore! I am supposed to run in the morning but right now it is supposed to be raining...

Sue, yes, we take everything away, make her life "miserable" and she keeps doing the same old thing! It is so frustrating...

Sam, hope your tummy feels better!

Laurie, I purchase FitnessRX whenever I see it, but I will have to check out the FB page!

Have a good night! Susan

Good Evening Ladies,

I don't know what I was thinking this morning... today was a cardio day so for some insane reason I decided to do Imax 3. Haven't done that one in a long time. Once I got to one of the blasts I really don't like, I remembered why. The blasts in that one kick my butt. I did it and got through it without extending the breaks much more than a few seconds. The two blasts that I don't like are the ones where we jump the length of the step and then across to the other side, do a ricochet, jump jack, tuck jump... seriously... i hate those. The next blast after that are plie jacks...32,16,8, and 8. I was glad when those were over with. I did it!!

Sue - congrats for your DD on getting her academic letter. High cholesterol runs in my family so I tried to eat the right things that will help me not go down that path. I eat oatmeal every morning. I add a scoop of Biggest Loser protein powder, couple tbsp of flaxseed with blueberries. I'm hoping next time I get my cholesterol checked, all that oatmeal has paid off. Our cats will be 14 in June. Bandit doesn't like anyone beside me and my DH. When they tried reaching towards him to stick a needle in him to get blood he had a holy fit. He's very dramatic.

Susan - do you have any of the Cardio Coach workouts that you do on the elliptical?

Sam - I hope you are feeling better. We had our couples massage at Excelsis Day Spa in West Bend. They have such a nice atmosphere there.

Laurie - all you guys doing all this kickboxing is making me want to do some kickboxing this week.

Hi Heartymax!!

I just finished watching the Biggest Loser and I wanted Kim to win and she was in second place. I was bummed, I really wanted her to win, she worked her butt off.

Everyone have a great night!!
Brenda

Last edited:
Good Morning!

Brenda---Imax 3 is one tough cardio workout. I did it a couple of weeks ago for the first time in probably over a year. I know exactly which blasts you are talking about. By the time you get to the end, I barely have enough energy to step......definitely not tuck and jump. :rolleyes:.

Susan--WTG on pushing yourself to accomplish new goals. Awesome feeling.

Sue---I don't have problems with my cholesterol but I do have family members and friends who do. I will definitely be sharing the tip--thanks a bunch. Funny story about the dog holding on to the holders in the car.

Laurie---Thanks for explaining the 90%. I was worried that your arms may not be able to move for a few days since I know how mine feel when I do GS at 65 yo 70%. I can relax----you will be just fine.. STILL SORE....but fine. The Upper Body Bliss rotation uses GS week 1 and 3 and Slow and heavy week 2 and 4. I truly believe this was the perfect rotation after the STS.

Sam---My energy was a little less the last few days too. I have been feeling so good lately and I had rest days last week so I couldn't understand why----how could I forget---TTOM.

Today was Athletic Step----just the right cardio workout for the end of TTOM. I can function off low energy.

Last edited:
Morning Ladies,

This morning was GS Legs, and can I say that I hate floorwork! :rolleyes: I may have to do some of the M1 standing leg work or PS floorwork. I love the standing portion of the work! :D

Sam, I should just expect you and I will be posting around the same time. :D Dang on not feeling good, hope you are doing better today.

Sue, Hope you where able to get your cardio and core work done yesterday. I probably would have been able to only do one rep with those 90% weights. :D

Susan, Oh it was raining buckets this morning! :eek: I woke up when it just started. Glad that you where able to push yourself so hard on that workout.

Brenda, I love kickboxing the most, so you will see me doing it quite a bit. It is funny that we where all doing the same one though. :D This is what I say to Imax 3:p.

heartymax, Sounds like a good rotation. I am doing a rotation that Cathe suggested in a post she answered in the ask cathe section. She had the Low Impact Series in it, but I don't have that so I am subbing in Jillian workouts. Not low impact, but I miss doing her workouts. ;) So after this 4 weeks of GS I will do 2 weeks of Jillian.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! Still no workout yesterday. I'm feeling normal today, so I will definitely do something this afternoon. I think my plans of doing 4DS may be put off till next week, however.

All my stomach could handle yesterday was white carbs, so I'm feeling quite puffy today. My Greek yogurt tasted extra awesome this morning :)

Brenda- I've never even attempted all of Imax 3. I've done the first half, that's it, and on the platform only. I had to giggle at you describing Bandit. He sounds very much like my Sushi. She doesn't like anyone but me and DH, and she still bites us now and then. She tolerates DS, but only because she knows he's our offspring :D

Sue- I forgot to say congrats on DD's confirmation. That's always such a nice day. She sounds like a smart girl, and you sound like a great mom. Eventually, things should work themselves out. But, I know that not worrying is next to impossible :)

Susan- I've toyed with the idea of using paper workouts for strength. My worry is that I wouldn't push myself hard enough. But who knows? Maybe I'd push myself harder. Especially if I had my own really good music playing :D

Heartymax- I think TTOM hits us in similar ways. I never feel like doing much of anything when the time comes. Usually if I can make myself work out, it's better. I actually had it on the RT, and was floored by how much my usual symptoms disappeared! I suppose that means I should workout more and not less during that time.

ETA: Hi Laurie! Yes, posting at the same time again! I'm feeling much better. I love floorwork, probably because I get to lie down while working out :p
Have a good day, everybody! Stay dry in all those storms!

Last edited:
Susan - I think it's fun once in a while to do weights on my own. Having a guideline like your Oxygen workout or what I use, Body for Life strength workout, definitely helps. I think it also helps that you've been doing weights so long, you know when you're working hard and when you're not. Did you get your run in? It was pouring this morning so I drove the kids to school. I hardly ever do that because it's 10 min. in the opposite direction but I felt sorry for them.

Brenda - I know the blast you're talking about and I hate it, too! Always afraid I'm going to jump short and trip on my step. Plie jacks are tough, too, but you can cheat on those if you have to. (I definitely need to cheat sometimes.) Poor kitty. Probably recognizes the needle and knows what's coming.

Heartymax - I almost did Athletic Step last night. Love that side kick, core crunch, jumping jack, jump rope around the step combo. Cathe's floorwork on just about any leg workout is hard. Definite dread factor for me.

Sam - Glad you're feeling better. I'll bet with all the adrenaline going during the RT you had a little extra energy.
Last night I put in KenpoX but couldn't get into it. I really hate the warmup with all the deep stretches so maybe I should do my own warmup. Anyway, I put in Biggest Loser Cardio Max and did level 1, 2 and 3. Then I did 10PSDX Recovery Core. Today will probably be a rest day. Slept in this morning and busy tonight.

Hi! Yes, the lightning hit and the thunder boomed just as I stepped out my front door this morning so I went down on the elliptical and then did ab work. Hopefully it won't be raining for my next run.

Sue, I do not do the KenpoX warm-up. I do my own thing cause I don't like that either!;)

Brenda, my elliptical comes with hundreds of pre-programmed workouts so I just select what I want to do. They vary from HiiT, steady state, hill repeats... stuff like that. Today was "Random" where the computer decides what you do and as usual, it kicked my butt!:eek: Lots of very BIG hills!!!

Have a great night! Susan

Well ladies, this is what happens when I miss more than one day in a row of working out. Yesterday was day four :confused: I ended up reading the last of the Hunger Games trilogy instead of doing...well, anything.

Okay... but today I WILL work out! I promise :D

Gotta run, lots of grades to enter this morning, but hopefully tomorrow's check-in will be much better.

This morning I went down to do the total body weight workout I wrote up... started my warm up and looked at the other end of the basement and.... it was flooded!! We had awful storms last night and apparently our downspouts flooded which caused a back up into the basement!! So, instead I spent 2 hours with a wet/dry vac scrubbing. I then noticed it had seeped into my workout area as well--the NERVE!~Hopefully I will be able to workout tonight.. unless I am cleaning up some more! My lower body is already sore from squating and lunging while cleaning the mess...

Have a good day and I'll try to check back later~ Susan

Morning Ladies,

This morning I did Weider X-Factor ST Week 1 and Susan Chung's Rapid Fire Shadow Boxing.

Sam, You better get that workout done! :D Just kidding, but I'm sure that you will. I'm glad that you are feeing better though. ;) I know a lot of people that like floorwork, but I just don't feel the love. :)

Sue, Sounds like you got in a workout that you where happy with. ;) I like the stretches in KenpoX. :D Of course I really like his StretchX workout also, just wish I would remember to pull those out more often.

Susan, I'm guessing that the elliptical was just perfect as you listened to that rain and thunder outside. ;) I was happy that there was a lull in the storm when I took the dog for a walk.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.