Buff Badgers - Week of 7/16

mbmundt

Cathlete
Good Morning Ladies,

I wanted to be the first to post this week. :)

Saturday I did KCM Step Boxing Cardio Kicks. Haven't done that workout in a super long time. It was fun. Saturday we had our couples massage and it was very very nice. We had dinner at No No's which is always very nice.

Sunday was no workout but I had a workout anyway by weeding in my garden all afternoon. Man was that hot out there. I made sure I drank plenty of water.

This morning I did Maximum Intensity Strength. I had to skip the abs, I ran out of time. I'll catch up on those sometime I'm sure. It was a good workout.

Sam - Sorry to hear the soap was unsuccessful. I need to pay attention to what some of the things are that set mine off. Wow, sounds like you got a lot of clean done last week. That must feel great.

Heartymax - Friday night everyone made it home by my folks for their anniversary except one in-law, he was working. My parents loved it!

Hi Laurie, Sue, and Susan!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Stay cool this couple really warms days we have this week.

Brenda

Brenda----you spend a lot of time in the yard. I assume that is something that you love to do.

Saturday was 45 minutes on the elliptical. One of DH high school friends and his family were in town visiting his sister so my family went over to spend some time. We are close friends with the whole family so that makes it nice. Even my boys enjoyed hanging out with their kids and no on was in a rush to leave to come home. Sunday was church and relaxing.

I have decided to do the STS/LIS 3 month transformation rotation. Today was disc 16 and I decided to add on 30 minutes of elliptical to get in some extra cardio. My eating wasn't good last week. It is not that I ate a ton of junk food, I just had to eat a lot of rice, potatoes, bread, sherbet--- because I needed to eat something soft for a few days.

Good morning! I had a productive weekend. We took all the stuff we decided to get rid of to Goodwill or Half Price Books, and DH posted some electronic equipment to Craigslist this morning. We also acquired a little cabinet from Craigslist that I'm going to paint sometime in the future.

Saturday I did 4DS Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I wanted to do some cardio, but ran out of time. Sunday was a rest day.

I just finished Bootcamp. Boy are my abs out of shape! I gotta start doing planks here and there throughout the day like I was doing for awhile.

Brenda- The soap worked for me last night. I'd say it works about half the time. But, if I have red wine right before bed I'm setting myself up for disaster. It sounds like you and your DH had a nice weekend. What kind of restaurant is No No's? We're always looking for somewhere new to try.

Heartymax- I've been the same way about food lately, though I don't have the excuse of dental work. I decided to start making our own bread and while I feel better about DS eating it, it's hard to resist for me. Yum!

Have a great day, everybody. Stay cool!

Good Monday everyone! I am going to try to be better about posting this week. I finally finished Meso 2 on Saturday with the added bonus of DD working out with me! I was shocked when I teasingly asked her if she wanted to join me and she said yes. :eek: I was still babying my wrist so I let her do the pullups/chinups (aren't I thoughtful? :D) while I did rows with tubing. She did great! I was trying to recommend weights which would give her a workout but not be too challenging or make her too sore the next day. She said she was a little sore but a good kind of sore.

On Sunday I did Couch to 5K Week 7 Day 2. I did it at 8 am but it was already hot. I may wait until Wednesday to do my next Couch. I also did Tony Horton Power Half Hour Thigh Trimmer and Leaner Legs abs. Picked up the Tony workout at Half Price Books for $3.99. He doesn't count very well so I'll pay more attention next time so I workout my sides evenly. Nothing yet today. Trying to decide when to start Meso 3. Since I only worked out 4 times last week it felt like I took my recovery week already.

Brenda - Did you hear KCM has some new workouts? Hmmmm. . . maybe I'll do some KCM workouts this week and start Meso 3 next week. I'm glad you took time this weekend to relax and your parents had a nice anniversary party.

Heartymax - Soft food because of dental work? Sounds painful. Doing a Cathe rotation and adding on extra cardio?! You go, girl!

Sam - It seems like we are forever hauling stuff to Goodwill and Half Priced Books but we still have lots of junk! I hope you have better luck than we do. I think you and I need to do some kind of ab challenge since it sounds like neither one of us likes to do abs. Whadya say? Commit to doing x minutes of planks or an ab workout 3 times a week? Don't know about you but that would be an improvement for me!

Hi Laurie! How's Faire going?

Hi Susan!

HI ladies! Weekend was HOT but good. Saturday was To the Max and Sunday was a 30mn walk and swimming at the pool. Today was Cross Fire. I am enjoying Cathe's July Rotation but her strength workouts this week are from the STS series and I don't have that so I'll be choosing something else...

Heartymax, love your pretty picture!:) You are doing some good workouts! My wish is I could continue to eat as well as I do during the week, on the weekends! It's so darn hard!:(

Brenda, I was outside trimming and I told my DH you hardly have to move and the sweat just pours! That's why we went to the pool!;)

Sue, that's great that DD joined you! I will have to get my booty to Half Priced Books. I drove right by it Saturday but did not stop in...

Hi Laurie!

Have a restful night ladies! ~ Susan

This morning was LIC Lower Body TriSets. Those one leg squats when you alternate the 5lb dumbell ----O----M---G!! I guess I need to work on my balance.

Susan---thanks for the compliment. I finally decided to change my avatar and make it a pic of me. This is the first time I have done that after all these years of being on the forum.

Sue---that is so cool that your DD is working out with you.

Sam---I have 2 large bags ready for the Salvation Army. I have saved a few things for a relative and DH wants to check with someone else before we take them to the Salvation Army. Hopefully he will do that in the next few days and I can make this drop off by the end of the week.

Heartymax - You look gorgeous! Nice arm definition. I haven't done TriSets in a while so can't picture the exercise but it sounds like a good one!

Susan - Weekends are tough on me for eating, too. (So are week days! :eek:) But weekends are especially tough. I haven't decided if I want to get Cross Fire and To the Max yet. I definitely want to get XTRAIN because it sounds very flexible and I love Cross-Train and STS.

Hi, Laurie, Brenda and Sam!

Decided I would take a week off from STS before starting Meso 3. Last night I did KCM Your Best Body Workout #1 No Legs + Workout #2 No Legs. It was high rep upper body and core. This morning I did 1.5 miles of Leslie 5 Fat Burning Miles. I want to do HIIT 30-30 tonight. Tomorrow morning if it's cooler I'll do Couch to 5K.

Stay cool! :cool:

Good afternoon Ladies!!

This morning was cardio. Legs were a little sore from yesterday's workout. My plan was to do the warm-up and 8 min of cardio from Cross Fire and then go to Cardio Core Circuit. Well, that didnt' happen, I was enjoying Cross Fire so I stuck with that and had a good workout. Leg felt fine during workout, its when I stop moving and am sitting for an extended period of time and the getting up and moving is a little slow.

Heartymax - Yes, I do spend a lot of time doing yard work. As long as it's nice outside, I dont' mind at all. When the colder weather sets in and I should be cleaning up my flower beds, I have to force myself to go out there and do it. I'm a freezy cat. :) I agree on those one legged squats in LB Tri Sets. I hate those. I definitely need to work on my balance too.

Sam - No No's is a casual dining place. They have a bar area (not huge but not real small) and then a separate dining area. They have very good food. Not too many times have we been disappointed. They have a good group of people working there. If you ever want to try it out and meet there so we can see each other again, please let me know. It would be nice to meet you DH.

Sue - I think that's pretty cool that DD worked out with you. I tried talking one of my nieces into coming out and working out with me on a weekend and she said she'd probably be embarrassed with how out of shape she is. We were all there and you have to start somewhere. I didn't see that KCM has some new workouts. I'll have to check it out. I already told DH about XTrain and he shook his head "no" at me. I told him sorry... I have to. :D A person can never have enough workout stuff.

Susan - Glad you're enjoying Cathe's July rotation. When I was out on Sunday in the garden, it didn't take much and the sweat was pouring off of me and going into my eyes. Here I sit in an air conditioned office, complaing because I'm cold. :confused:

Hi Laurie - I hope all is well!

Stay cool and have a great afternoon!!
Brenda

Hello!:) Today was Supreme 90 :Back & Biceps, adding on shoulder work.My arms are still fried!

Brenda: I told my DH about XTrain too, and he also shook his head... but like you, I will be getting it anyway. Told him then he doesn't have to worry about a Christmas present for me(since it may be early winter b4 its released).

Looks like the heat is going away for a few days... however, I actually had my space heater on at work today!:eek: Everyone makes fun of me! Says sometimes my cube feels like a sauna... I think it's just right!;)

See you tomorrow!

Sue---thanks for the compliment. STS has definitely help improve my definition. I just have to make sure I keep at it. A few years ago my arms were toned and then I got busy with life and worked out only off an on for most of a school year which is NOT like me at all. I looked at myself and realized that I had lost my arm definition which of course took away my leaner look over all and I knew then I had to get back to doing what I love without hesitation. Thankfully muscle has memory so it didn't take too long to get it back and I truly fell in love with STS. Which Meso do you like the best? Your body deserves a break from heavy lifting. Meso 3 is always draining because the weights are soooo heavy.

Susan-- Our DHs can't complain too much because our workouts are being USED!!!!! They are not dust collectors. What better way to perk up our mood in the winter than to open a box with new release workouts from Cathe.

Today was Cardio Supersets with the bonus step routine. I was tired at the end.Those side walking planks with push ups are not as bad as the forward slide ones in After Burn.

Good morning, ladies. Yesterday I did Low Impact Challenge. I haven't worked out yet today but plan to do Upper Body Trisets later.

The summer insomnia has been pretty bad this week, so I've had to squeeze in workouts in the afternoon. At least I'm blessed with a husband who's willing to watch DS until 7:30 so I can catch a little extra sleep in the mornings. I really need to get my prescription refilled, but that means a doctor visit :confused:

Heartymax- How nice to see your smiling face! I think we're getting close to finishing the purging for now. We still have to tackle the basement. I don't think it ever really ends, though.

Brenda- Sounds like I nice place. Since DH and I usually have a sitter to think about getting home to, we generally stick around the Milwaukee area when we go to dinner, but I'll let you know if we ever venture that way. I'll be getting XTrain, too. DH doesn't even shake his head, he just sighs.

Sue- I'm in! I can commit to a one-minute forward plank and two thirty-second side planks a day, at least for now. Two minutes a day should be something I can manage, right? How cool your DD worked out with you. I wonder if DS will ever work out with me. He does know Cathe by name already...

Susan- I get cold in the AC, too. I always bring a sweater when we go to a movie, and I only have my house set at 76 during the day. My mom has her house at 68! She thinks I'm nuts. :)

Hi Laurie!

Have a great day everyone. I think I'm going to take DS to a storytime hour this morning, and I had better get ready to go.

Good Afternoon!

This morning was Athlectic Training. I love that workout. My legs are spent from the last three days. I have cardio tomorrow. Would like something that's a little gentler on the legs.

Today the company I work for was bringing in pizza for some safety goal we met. I was a good girl and passed and ate my turkey on whole wheat sandwich with my steamed veggies, and a Fiber One yogurt. I love pizza but where ever they get it from is usually pretty greasy and my tummy doesn't need that. :p

Susan - The old office I was in, we had a space heater running all year and people thought we were nuts. My boss and I moved into a different office and it's better but there are still days where I have to put my fleece on because I'm cold (like today). :)

Heartymax - I love the majority of the workouts from Cathe's Low Impact Series. I love STS as well. I've done STS 3 times in it's entirety. Would like to do it again. I would like to do a rotation that consists of STS, LIS, and her two new DVD's.

Sam - Bummer, between RLS and insomnia... you're making me tired just thinking about it. Hopefully you can get a good nights sleep soon. I know what it's like not to get a good nights sleep, way too well. :(

Hi Sue - we're probably posting at the same time again. :)

Hi Laurie!

Make it a great day!
Brenda

Brenda - CoffeyFit These are the 2 new dvds Kelley is releasing soon (late summer). I have to admit I haven't watched clips yet but so far I like everything I have from Kelley.

Susan - We have someone at work who turns on her space heater all the time, too. We tease her because it feels like a sauna sometimes. I like your idea of a Christmas present. With school starting in a few weeks we're going to be forking over lots of cash. I hope the presale lasts a little while.

Heartymax - About 12 years ago I had awesome arms and 14% body fat. (I always questioned that number because it was measured by calipers. I was lean, but not that lean.) Then, life happened. Lots of issues with family, work and now here I am. I would love to get back to where I was or even 10 pounds heavier than that. It's much harder now with age. I like Meso 2 the best. The pace is not as frantic and the weights are heavy but not crazy heavy like in Meso 3.

Sam - Okay - you got it! 1 min. planks and 30 sec. side planks each side. I'll start tonight! When my kids were little they used to do bicep curls with some little purple 1 pound dumbells I had. They called them "purple bones" because they kind of looked like bones. Too cute.

I changed my mind last night about doing HIIT 30-30 and started doing KCM Step Boxing but my big toe didn't like it. I tried pushing through but it started hurting more and more so I switched over to Intensity Low HIIT + Bootcamp. It's always something it seems - wrist, ankle, toe. What next? At least my dvd collection is large enough that I can easily switch over to something else. No workout yet today. If it's not raining tonight, I'll do Couch to 5K. If it is raining, . . . I don't know yet. :confused:

Hello there! This morning was Supreme 90 - Legs w/ abs, and my legs are tired still! I have to do To the Max in the morning and right now I am not looking forward to it!:confused:

Sounds like we are all doing well on the workouts this week!:) Some days though I lay in bed in the morning and actually try to come up with excuses not to workout - I get so tired, but once I am done - I am so glad I DID get my butt up!

Sue, I too have a couple things to pay for and then will be pre-ordering X-Train. The Pre-Sale for the new dvds lasted for a while, hopefully it will for these too!

See you all tomorrow! Susan

Enjoying the STS/LIS rotation. Today was M2 disc 18 back and biceps. I surprised that I had no problem lifting the amount of weight that I did last time I did M2. Those back off sets are a killer.

Sue and Sam----I joined you for the planks. I can't remember proper form on the side planks...don't ask me why because it is not like I haven't done them before. I have to go back and watch one of the segments from Ab Hits to remember to do them properly. Oh well----I did of 1 minute planks and attempted side planks which was probably 15 seconds each instead of the 30 then did another 30 second of regular planks---I was trembling to say the least.

Brenda
---I have done the 3.5 month rotation twice and I have done Meso 1 and 2 once and just Meso 2 once.

Susan----I took DH to the Cathe website and showed him To the Max and Cross Fire and let him know that is what I want for my birthday. I also told him about Xtrain and how I will likely preorder because it is a money saver knowing that I will end up ordering it later. I said I love Cathe (not that he needed me to say that) and I have so many of her DVDs and I took him to the screen that has all her DVDs. :D He was so funny----he said "Cathe is making a ton of money". Yep---she is---and she is doing it honestly!!

Hi Laurie. Did I miss something. Is she on vacation again? I can't remember.

Heartymax - Welcome to the Plank Party! I did mine last night. I know what you mean about being unsure about form on those side planks. I stack my feet but my balance isn't so great so I wobble and I think the arm holding me up is too far forward instead of right under my shoulder. Don't know if that matters. It's easier on my wrist so that's why I did it. I need to show DH what he is getting me as a late birthday present also. When is your birthday?

Sam - How did the planks go? I did mine last night but didn't do anything else.

Susan - I was borderline this morning on getting up to workout. It helps when I know I won't have time that night and rested the day before. If I was sore like you I could come up with lots of reasons not to get out of bed! LOL

Hi, Laurie!

Hi, Brenda!

Decided I wanted to watch "So You Think You Can Dance" instead of working out last night. I'm am just in awe every time I watch that show. Cyrus has really impressed me considering he has the least amount of dance experience of all of them but Eliana is my favorite. This morning I decided to gamble with the weather and do Couch to 5K. It didn't rain and I jogged 25 minutes straight! Only 3 workouts to go and I'm all done with the program. Would like to continue jogging once a week until the weather gets too cold.

Have a great day!

Hi Ladies!!

This morning was cardio and I was undecided as to what to do. This is why I need to do a rotation so I'm not guessing at the last minute what I want to do. I went with Cardio Super Sets and the bonus step portion. I had to cut the last blast short because I was running out of time and I wanted to hang on the inversion board before I went up to get ready for work.

Who got rain last night? We did. :D I wish it would have come early so I could have went outside and stood in it. :) It got really super dark out by us and we didn't get any rain out of the dark clouds but thankfully the rain came during the night.

Sue - Thanks for the link to Kelley's new DVD's. I had thought about joining you and Sam in the plank party but I normally get enough ab work. I do like how the planks work your entire core area. They are tough not only on the abs but the shoulders too (at least for me anyway). ;) When is "So you think you can dance on"? I like watching it but never remember when it's on and what channel.

Susan - I have those days too. I lay in bed not wanting to get up, that I'd much rather have the sleep but I know if I lay there to try and fall back asleep, I'm not going to because I know I should be in my basement working out. As like you, I'm always glad I do because I feel much better. I'm usually fine once I get down there and start going.

Heartymax - Those back off sets are tough. Talk about exhausting the muscle.

Sam - How did the planks go?

Hi Laurie!

Make it a great day!!
Brenda

Hello, everyone. Yesterday was Trisets Upper Body which felt great. Today is a scheduled rest day (but I did my planks!). DS is sleeping over at his grandma's tonight, and I needed time to get him ready. Also, we were out of bread, and now that I'm not buying it, that means I have to make it, which takes awhile. I'm trying a new recipe that makes three loaves so I don't have to make it again in a few days. Anyway, while it does its autolyse (I have no idea what that actually means :p) I thought I'd check in.

Sue- Did the planks just now. I'm actually having a pretty easy time with the side planks. I may kick those up to 45 seconds if I can. The forward plank is much harder, and I was pretty close to holding that for 2 minutes at one point, so I'm little irritated with myself about that.

Brenda- Yes, we got rain! Glorious, glorious rain. I'm even enjoying the clouds today; it feels like a much-needed respite from all that sun. I like the sun, of course, but nothing but having nothing but hot, sunny days was becoming oppressive.

Heartymax- I see side planks done all kinds of ways. I do them on my elbow with my feet stacked and the non-supporting arm raised toward the ceiling. I can raise the non-supporting leg a little bit, too, but not for longer than 10 seconds or so.

Susan- Well, you know I'm the absolute worst at getting out of bed to work out ;). Like everyone else, I'm so much happier (and more productive!) when I get up and do it.

DH and I have a LivingSocial coupon to Crawdaddy's that we're going to use tonight since DS is at Grandma's. I love that place. I'm planning on having a Spotted Cow to drink and the spiciest thing I can find on the menu :D... and maybe some fried oysters with scallion mayo for an appetizer. So excited!

Have a great day; I'm off to knead!

HI gang! Well, yes, this morning was To the Max, even though I did wake up a little late. DH woke up at 3:30am to watch golf, so his alarm did not wake me as it usually does.. What was that man thinking??? He loves his golf... My body is tired and I have noticed my back has been sore the past couple days. Thinking it might be all the hi-intensity cardio I am doing... One more week and then this rotation is done.

When I was bored at work today I tried coming up with a P90X, Cathe, Pilates rotation for next month... Still thinking on it.

Way to go on your planks ladies!! :D

Sam, enjoy your night out!

Sue, I like So Ya think You can Dance too but always forget when it's on! They are so talented!

Hi Heartymax!
HI Brenda!!

Sleep restfully ladies~ Susan

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

This morning was total body strength and I went with Power Hour. I used the warm up from MIS though. I haven't done that workout in a super long time. I have a feeling I'm going to be feeling this one tomorrow. I over estimated my weight on some things.

Did you know that today is Cathe's birthday? I posted a Happy Birthday to her on the Open Discussion forum this morning.

Sam - way to go on the planks.... keep up the good work. What different kinds of bread do you make. If I could find a healthy lower carb bread to make I'd probably make it instead of buying it. Do you know of any?

Susan - You are doing one tough rotation. You're tough, you can hang in there for one more week. :)

Hi Sue!
Hi Heartymax!

Enjoy your Friday!!

Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.