Buff Badgers Week of 1/19

mbmundt

Cathlete
Good Morning!

Saturday I did Athletic Training. I wanted to give it a try and see how I did. I know one thing, I definitely need to build my lung capacity back up. I made it through and it felt good. Sunday was my rest day. Yesterday I did Cardio SuperSets and that went well. Today was X-Train Chest, Back, and Shoulders and some of the abs. My abs are feeling it from the plank work in CSS yesterday. Feels good to get back into some of Cathe's workouts. I'm going to be careful though and make sure that I listen to my body I don't want to go backwards with my hip but so far so good. The walking just wasn't enough. Wanted to clean up the elliptical this past weekend but it didn't happen so hopefully this weekend I can get it cleaned up so I can do some of that as well for my cardio.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Brenda

Happy Wednesday!!

This morning I did All Out LIH. I couldn't do the switch kicks yet due to lack of range of motion in my hip so I did ski hops and only lifted my heels. Workout went well. My legs are definitely feeling this low impact but it all feels good. Then I did some of my leg exercises afterwards.

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Sorry I have been absent, just so much going on since the new year started. I'm so glad to see that you are back at the workouts, and that you are not hurting. I have been doing the Les Mills Combat workouts. I got anemia again, so doing the RWH workouts was to taxing for me. I'm improving each day, and these Combat workouts are more intermediate. So Monday I did Combat 60 and yesterday is usually my rest day, but I did PiYo Define: Lower Body.

Have a great day!
Laurie

Yesterdays workouts where Combat HiiT Power and PiYo Define Upper Body. Really am enjoying combining these two systems together. My core is really feeling it this morning.

Hi Laurie,

I know what mean, things have been busy for me as well since the first of the year. I'm hope you're feeling better. I can imagine with anemia that RWH is too much. Good thing you have other workouts that are less taxing to do I the meantime.

This morning I did Bi's & Tri's from XTrain and some of the abs. My body has definitely been loving getting back into more normal workouts.

How do you like PiYo workouts? How intense do you consider them?

Take Care!
Brenda

Morning Brenda!

Combat 30 and Ab Attack where the workouts of choice for yesterday. Tonight will be Combat HiiT Plyo and PiYo Sweat.

The two PiYo workouts I have done so far are not intense, as in getting your HR up there like some Power Yoga workouts can. But the poses she does really make you tense the muscle. I think that is what she intends for you to do, because she is instructing you to feel the move in a certain muscle. I will give you more information on the other workouts. The rotation uses the Upper, Lower, Sweat and Core workouts for the first couple of weeks, and I have only just started to incorporate them with my Combat this week.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Laurie

Hi Laurie,

This morning I did RWH Low Impact Hit workout 2. Then I added on my leg exercises. I had to do something else when she did the burpee's, I don't have that complete range of motion just yet. I liked it though. She's got a good amount of new moves in there. The RWH workouts I've done so far, I love.

Have a great weekend!
Brenda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.