Buff Badgers - Month of April

mbmundt

Cathlete
Good Morning!

A quick run down. Friday I did the last workout for back & bi's in STS Meso 2. Saturday I did 5 miles on the elliptical and Stretch Max with the band. Sunday was no workout. Monday I did RWH chest, shoulders, and tri's. Last night I had my kickboxing class. This morning I did Circuit Blast.

Hope all is well with you!!
Brenda

Hope you have been blessed with warmer temps and sunshine this week. I am definitely loving it so far.

Monday was Muscle Max and Tuesday was Drill Max premix. I am taking a rest today....exhausted from long days. DS has a game 3 days in row so I go from work to the field and you know how long baseball games are. Not getting home til 7:30.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Good Morning!

Unfortunately we have not been blessed with warmer temps or sunshine. Granted the temps are a little better. The sun.... not so much. :( We've been having so much rain. The sun did peak out late yesterday for a while. Back to crud. Today we have a chance for a wintery mix and high winds. Nothing we can do about it except roll with it.

Drill Max... oh forgot about that one. That's a good circuit workout. Not getting home until 7:30 makes it a long day.

This morning I did Lean Legs and Abs. When they were doing the chair and floor work I did some inner thigh work and glute work. I did do the firewalkers though... love them.

Hope you get some much need rest soon! :)

So thankfully tomorrow is Friday. The weeks have felt very long lately. Work has been very stressful. Headaches are a constant. :(

This morning I did ICE Bootcamp. Do you have this series? I really like it but some of it certainly doesn't feel intermediate. ;)

Have a great evening!

Happy Friday for sure and it's Spring Break for me. I will be heading back to see my mom in a few days. She has another procedure today and we should know more of what's ahead for her knee recovery. So looking forward to the time off.

I do not own ICE even though you rave about it. The Ripped series is so tough and I am started to wonder if my aging body just can't handle the tough cardio anymore.

Today was AOLH and core.

The weather was crazy yesterday. So much rain. I even heard of hailstorm and tornados in some areas. No more sunshine until Sunday.

Enjoy your spring break. Hope your mom's procedure goes well.

This morning I did RWH back, shoulders, and biceps. Felt very pumped afterwards.

I get what you're saying about the aging body. I have noticed some workouts feel harder than normal but I still keep pushing. I have actually increased the intensity of my workouts the past couple of weeks. Were three days I would do pretty much pure cardio. Last few weeks on those day I either do a circuit type workout or metabolic training. Saturdays are have been the only day I do just cardio on the elliptical followed by a nice long stretch.

The older we get we actually have to work harder to stay in decent shape. In the same token do what your body can do and will allow you to do. ;)

The rain is finally leaving us for a couple of days. The weekend is supposed to be pretty nice. Close to 70. By Sunday night I think we're back to a chance of rain again. o_O

Good Morning!

Saturday I did 5 miles on the elliptical and stretch max with the stability ball. Monday I did XTrain Burn Sets chest, back, shoulders. Had my kickboxing class last night. Incorporated some tabata rounds and they seemed to really like it. This morning I did 3 drills from Drill Max. I've been having a hard time getting my butt moving in the morning lately so my workouts have been 45-50 min.

Yesterday I signed up for this 14 day challenge with Lori Harder. She provides the workouts in video and pdf. You have to post in Instagram each day and show you did your workout and post something about it. The workouts are 20 min. long but are supposed to be intense. If you post each day you are in the running for a $1000 prize and a chance to be featured on her Facebook page. I thought what the heck, it's only 14 days so I'll have to workout two Sundays but it's only 20 min so not going to worry about it.

We started out with nice weather yesterday and late in the afternoon the temp dropped by about 35 degrees. I didn't wear a jacket to work. Thankfully I had a fleece at work that I wore home cause it was cold outside. Back to the sweaters today. :confused:

Hope all is well!

Good Morning!

Today was a mix & match of the exercises in Butts & Gutts. I did some of the standing leg work and then I did the bonus glute work on the ball and then the bonus abs.

Good Morning and Happy Friday!

Yesterday I did High Step Challenge timesaver (51min). This morning I did XTrain Burn Sets Bi's & Tri's. Had a great workout this morning. Felt pretty strong.

Been working on my CPR class online all week at night to be ready to take my hands on test tomorrow. I got all the modules done last night so now I just need to take the exam and pass it.

Hope all is well and Have a great Easter!

Good Morning!

I hope you had a wonderful Easter. Ours was uneventful. My family doesn't do anything and DH's family was spread all over in different states so him and I had dinner with a friend which was nice since we hadn't seen him in about a month.

Saturday I did 5 miles on the elliptical with the extended stretch from STS. Sunday was my no workout day. Today I started a 14 day challenge with Lori Harder. We do a 5-10 min warm-up on our own and then there are 5 different exercises we do for 45 sec each with a 15 sec transition time in between. We do 3 rounds with a min rest in between. I really liked it. It was a good combination of exercises that increased your heart rate and also some strength training.

Saturday I also go recertified in CPR/AED and then I also did my recertification for my personal training certification as well which I couldn't do until I got my CPR cert. updated.

We got back yesterday (Easter) so part of day was spent traveling and catching up on sleep. My mom is not making adequate progress and it is so stressful seeing her like that. I feel like she is giving up. Some days I am so down just thinking about all of this.

Today was Xtrain burn sets chest, back and shoulders followed by light weighted squats.

You are definitely keeping a variety of intensity in your workouts. The 20 minutes on Sundays won't be too bad because you are so committed to whatever you do.

I go back to work tomorrow.

Tuesday was 30 minutes of elliptical cardio and squats and core.

Today was Xtrain burn sets biceps and triceps and squats.

My muscles are sore from Monday. I guess my body likes Xtrain[emoji28][emoji28][emoji28].

Good Morning!

I've been in training the past 3 days so been occupied with other things and forgot to post.

I'm on day 5 of this 14 day Challenge. I'm enjoying it. Some exercises in here that I've never done before. At the end of each workout she does about a min of meditation and I have a hard time getting my body and brain to relax. o_O

Sorry to hear that your mom isn't making the progress you had hoped. Can't even imagine how that feels. Hope the workouts are helping you deal with the stress.

DH found out yesterday that a friend of his passed away Weds afternoon from cancer. She had been battling it for quite a few years. I think she just got tired of fighting.

Have a great weekend!!

Good Morning!

A quick run down. I'm still doing this 14 day challenge, which is going good. I do have to say though I'll be happy to get back to a good weight workout. The challenge ends on Sunday.

The last few days have been very stressful. We had to take my dad to the ER on Sunday morning. He was having issues breathing and had major fluid build up in his legs. They admitted him and are giving him breathing treatments and changed his meds to get the fluid out of him. He's doing better. My mom has been having issues remembering what's going on. The pattern has been she forgets once she wakes up. It's been scary.
Hoping my dad can come home soon.

Hope all is well with you. How is your mom doing?

Life as stressful as the doctor told us meds were not managing moms infection. After days of prayer, she agreed to the above knee amputation. I can't begin to tell you how much I have cried lately. We were not sure if she would go through with it and we were afraid also because we were not sure if she was well enough to survive the surgery. I still cannot wrap my head around all of this.

Hope your dad continues to progress.

I guess I can say no workouts this week even though my mind could use it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.