Buff Badgers June 28-July 2

kaykay

Cathlete
Hi,

Had a great trip to Colorado. Hope you all had a great week. I was 95-100 degrees all the days we were there with no rain and no humidity.

Today I will do some weights and a tandem ride later if we get our tandem back from the people we loaned it to.

Have a great day.:)

Morning BB's,

Still taking it easy on my leg, so this morning was Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. The stretches are making the leg feel really good, and I plan on doing the STS upper body. Just want to get the rotation finished. :D This weekend I did get the weeding finished in the tree line, what a sweat fest. :eek: This week will be planting all the ground cover.

Karen, So glad that you had such great weather for your trip, and that you had such a wonderful time.

Have a wonderful day!

Karen - Glad to hear you had a good time on vacation. Wooh! That's hot weather. So did you go up into the mountains?

Laurie - I missed what happened to your leg. Hope it isn't serious. You should have a nice week for planting.

Good workouts over the weekend. I did Bob Harper's 60 min. strength on Saturday, BFBM on Sunday and Bob's 60 min. cardio this morning. If you like kettlebell swings, this is a workout for you. I must have done hundreds of swings. He really likes squat and holds, too. The only high impact are some tuck jumps at the end which I just couldn't summon the energy for so I did jumping jacks instead. Sweaty, sweaty stuff - love it!

On Wednesday and Thursday we're having tile installed to replace the cheap laminate on the landing by the front door. Since this landing is by the only staircase leading down to the basement, I won't have access to my basement (where my workout area is) for a couple of days. DS will have to sleep upstairs. I'll workout before the guy gets there on Wednesday but Thursday may have to be a rest day. Not sure about Friday. The cats will have to be confined to the upstairs, too, so they don't jump on the tile and move it. They won't like that.

DD is in Red Lake, MN on her Mission Trip. Left around midnight Saturday night and supposed to arrive around noon Sunday. Hopefully she got some rest on the bus. I wish she could call but the leader's cell phone is only for emergencies. They couldn't take cell phone or iPods for fear of theft. I can't stop thinking about her and can't wait to hear her stories when she's back on Saturday.

Hi all! I´ll most likely be in and out this summer since I really have no schedule :D

this month I´m doing GS...once again, when I get out workouts I haven´t done is a while, they are killers! But I noticed improvement in one week already! and DH says my arms are "almost Cathe like!" Have been adding skating and kcik boxing for the cardio, trying to give myself a break from high impact.

Laurie, good thing that you got the weeding done...it´s hard to work between the rain! I too, missed what happened to your leg

karen, great weather! Hope you brought it back with you! Although as I look out my window, it doesn´t look like it...hope to get a quick skate in before the rain!

Sue, you are doing some great workouts...you know, you could just sleep in your basement! ;) Or use those days for some outdoor cardio.

Hi ladies! Saturday was a 45mn walk and then clean,clean,clean!! Upstairs,downstairs,garage, whew! So glad it's all done! But I was a stinky,sweaty mess and later was not up for a "workout" so I called it my "rest" day! Yesterday was a 45mn walk and Yoga Meltdown. Now, this was my first time with Meltdown and I did it in it's entirety. It was tough! I am so used to pilates and this pulled me away from my comfort zone and I really liked it! Today was a walk, elliptical (Extreme Heart Rate) for 35mn followed by Shred #2.

Going to the doctor this week cause I can tell my thyroid meds are not helping and that my thyroid levels have gone up. They ran blood tests last week but I won't get the results until my appointment on Wednesday. I am more tired, have gained 6 pounds that won't go away, and lots of other stuff. Hopefully we can increase my meds and get back to normal!

Karen, so glad you had a great time in Colorado! You deserved it!

Laurie, how do you like Meltdown? Or am I just a wimp?;)

Sue, I think you can take a rest day on Thursday! You have been working very hard!

Lala, Hi there! Glad you are getting nice results from your workouts!

Have a great night!

Susan

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ended up doing STS disk 4 chest, bi, shoulders did a short tandem ride with DH. Today I am going to run or bike.

Susan, glad all your cleaning is done, now you can relax and enjoy your summer. I haven't done Yoga Meltdown yet, still in shrink wrap. I have to find a time to put it in. Sounds like a good workout. Hope you can get the right meds. Do they have to be changed a lot over the course of the years? Did you guys make it up to your cabin a couple of weekends ago?

Lala, nice job with GS, some of my favorite workouts. I did them right before we left on vacation. You got some improvements quickly using the series. The kickboxing probably defines all your muscle from GS.

Sue, what a great experience for DD. Do you like the Bob Harper workouts? I debated but I already have so many I don't use. Hopefully you can find a way to get your workouts in. We went to the mountains a lot. Went back and found my old house from when I was 11.

Laurie, what's up with your leg? Are you almost done with the STS rotation? Glad the stretching is helping it feel better.

I have some cleanings for the kids today so I had better get a move on it. The boys camped in the tent with a friend in our yard last night. Burr!!! At least they had the dog.

When we got back from our trip the cat had been locked in our bedroom, eventually found a way out through the vent but not before going to the bathroom in DH clothes and scattering them all as she tried to bury it. The dog had diarrea and the neighbor decided she would just tell us where it was when we came home-just a small spot she said----the whole carpet dried in--got rid of the carpet. The house smelled awful. Good thing the trip was good.:)

Have a great day.

Morning BB's,

This morning was STS Disc 7 Chest, Shoulders & Biceps. So cool out last night that it was a joy to do planting. :eek: Not fun trying to dig a hole in a pile of rocks, but I only have 12 more plants to go. :D

About the leg - Thursday I played softball, and pulled a hamstring running to second base. Still played the rest of that game and two others. :eek: We won two, lost the last. It was fun, and the hammie is feeling way better, just feels sore right now. Slipping on a rock gives me a twinge though. :rolleyes:

Sue, Your DD will have a wonderful time on her mission trip, my oldest really enjoyed the one she did. They did allow them to have their cell phones, but they could only be used after they landed. Sounds like you will be dodging renovations. :D

Susan, No fun for you on those med changes, hope all goes well. I think that Jillian goes a little to fast on those workouts, but they are really tough. Sometimes I feel she is a little to rough (after all I'm used to soft spoken yoga instructors :rolleyes:), but the workouts are good.

Karen, Dang on your pet disasters! :( LOL about the trip being so good, that you can overlook that aspect. ;) I have 8 more weeks of this undulating rotation, then I'm moving on to GS premixes. Seems to be popular. :D

Have a great day!

Lala - I thought about going outside for my workout on Thursday but don't want to wake DS who'll be sleeping in the living room. Could workout that night though - depending on the weather.

Karen - That's cool getting to see your old house in CO. We're having trouble right now with our female cat and I'm afraid to tell DH. Going to call the vet this afternoon and see if I should bring her in to check for UTI. I caught her now twice peeing on the carpet. DH would NOT be pleased if he found out.

Laurie - Does your injury qualify for workmen's comp? If I'm correct, it happened during your team-building softball game, right? ;) Hope it feels better soon. You picked a great week to do your planting.

Susan - Good luck with the doc & your thyroid. I'm having a heck of a time losing despite those tough workouts I've been doing. Everytime I go the doc though and get my TSH checked, it's always okay. In fact, it's on the low side of normal. Frustrating. Have you been getting enough sleep? The only reason I ask is because I notice lately I need more sleep and I think it's because of the tough workouts I've been doing.

Nothing yet today. I have lots of chores to do tonight so it might end up being my rest day. Tomorrow is NMTZ.

Hi ladies! Today was a walk/run followed by Shred 2 and 1.

Karen, well that "stinks" about the pets!:D I bet they were upset too since you were gone. They react in strange ways.

Laurie, Yes, she does move fast in Yoga but I shall continue to do it! When I was doing the back bend at the end I was telling myself, " I could this in High School, I can do it again!".;)

Sue, I found a great book at the library today called "Thyroid Power". It has given me a lot of insight and a lot of "ammunition" to go to my doctor with tomorrow. For one thing he says you should have 1mcg of meds per pound of body weight and I am well below that! He also mentioned that stress can cause our adrenal glands to act up and make things worse for our thyroid. Well, this school year was the year from hell with our daughter and I was so stressed out! It was then that my symptoms started getting worse again. I am glad however, that my doc goes by my symptoms more than what the tests results say. I let you know what she says! I am doing NMTZ tomorrow too!:)

Have a great night! Susan

Hi! This is about my first time sitting today! Got in a 40 minute skate and spent the rest of the day in the kitchen. Made some Cincinnati chili and started 2 batches of croissants. They are time consuming and I can only hope they turn out :)

Susan, it's good to go in prepared to ask questions and it sounds like you found a good resource.

Sue, I think chores count ;)

Karen, how fun to see your old house. I didn't know you grew up in Colorado. do you miss it? My DD has taken care of friends' pets and she always cleaned up after them, too bad you came home to a mess :(

Laurie, hope that leg keeps getting better. I tend to strain my hamstrings if I do spurts of fast running...but it takes a lot longer for me to recover!

Good Morning,

Yesterday I ended up running 5 1/2 miles. Today I am doing STS disk 5 chest/tri and running in the Wed. night 2 1/2 mile race.

Lala, that chili sounds good. Are you doing the marathon for rollerblading this year? I don't remember Colorado very well. I only lived there for 2 years. I do remember liking it there.

Susan, quite the workout yesterday. What kind of rotation are you doing--Jillian? Hope all your info helps the dr. manage your thyroid better.

Sue, bummer on the cat peeing. I am sure my DH wouldn't like that either.

Laurie, glad your leg is feeling a bit better. Hope those plants grow in rocks.:D Only 12 more to go, how many did you start out with?

More dentist appointments today.

Have a wonderful day.

Morning BB's,

Half the year is behind us, where did the time go? This morning was my core day, so I did Insanity Cardio Abs (leg tested and passed), Ab Circuit No Equipment and Coremax Complete Core. Abs really started to get tired during the coremax. :eek:

Sue, The leg would qualify for workers comp. ;) I don't know how I worked the planting in this weather, must be actually getting my lazy butt off the couch. LOL :eek: Or was it Stien's having these plants on sale. :D

Susan, Good workout! Oh the back bend, mine are something that no one should see. :D

Lala, My last pulled hamstring was really bad, and I think it took almost 3 months to heal. This one wasn't as bad, but I could still feel it when I was doing the superman move this morning. Right now I feel like I should be getting in some stretching for it. Will do that when I get home tonight. Mmmm chili and croissants. Did the croissants turn out well?

Karen, Good luck with the race tonight. My plants better grow in these rocks, I'm tired of pulling grass and weeds out of that tree line. :D I planted 6 Creeping Phlox, 4 Sedum and 4 of another plant that I can't remember. :rolleyes: The rest where 5 Irish Moss, and 4 Bugleweed. The other 3 Hostas where ones that didn't go in the rock garden. Next year I'm hoping that they really look great. Alot of my time was used to get some tree suckers out. We also have these wonderful vines growing all over! :mad: I just can't get rid of them.

Have a wonderful day!

Good morning! I walked and did NMTZ this morning and am now going to go mow the lawn. DS has batting practice at the park for 1.5 hours this afternoon and I may walk for half of it and read my book the other half!

Dr. appointment went well. She is going to increase my meds. Then in 6 weeks I go back and recheck. She's a good, young (34yrs), funny doctor that our entire family adores.

Karen, great job on the 5+ miles yesterday! Have fun on your run tonight! I did want to tell you that we did get up to the cabin a couple weeks ago. It was supposed to rain but didn't! DS was very proud he caught about 15 of the 20 fish we got! Yes, I am doing a Jillian rotation for this month and so far I really like it but my shoulders get so sore!:p

Laurie, way to work that core today! I know when I popped my calf muscle stretching really helped it.

Lala, you made me hungry! Hope it all turned out excellent!

Hi Sue!

Have a great day! Susan

Susan - I will have to checkout that book. I have Jillian Michael's Master Your Metabolism and it talks about endocrine disrupters effecting your hormones. Everything from artificial sweeteners to high fructose corn syrup to non-organic meat/dairy to cleaning products can be an endocrine disrupter. I did pretty well cutting out artificial sweetener but I've been "using" again. Can't afford organic foods but I can avoid hfcs and artificial sweeteners. Hopefully your new med level will do the trick.

Had lots to do last night to get ready for the tile guy today. Did laundry since my washer/dryer won't be accessible, picked up the house and got the "cat room" ready since they can't walk on the tile either. No workout yesterday so I'm calling it a rest day. Don't know what I'll be able to do Thursday or Friday. I'll head outside if I can.

NMTZ this morning. Forgot how tough this one is. Love it when we move to the floor for the last 2 circuits.:D

Tried to collect cat pee last night without success by locking her in a bathroom with an empty litter box, food and water. This morning she got out somehow and made her way to her usual spot at the foot of my bed right next to my feet! No pee in the box but she did use the litter box after I cleaned it. I have another idea why she may have peed on the carpet so I'll test that theory next before subjecting her to more sample collecting. Pets are sometimes like kids - a lotta work! :p

Morning BB's,

Today was PY4H Daily Dose of Bliss, felt really good. Didn't feel anything in my leg, so I'm going to try some cardio after work.

Susan, Glad the dr. appointment went well, and that she is listening to you. When my youngest went in for her anemia her pediatrician (male) felt my dd would deal better with a female on female issues, so they recommended a dr that was a certified in family medicine. She also specializes in female issues and pediatrics. She was so wonderful with my daughter, so I'm thinking of taking my oldest and myself to her also. Can never get in to see the gyno. :rolleyes:

Sue, LOL about your adventures in the pee collection process. :confused: I can't afford organic either, some of the items the prices have gone down but not everything. Hey did you head outside for a workout? Really chilly this morning, but would have been a great opportunity for some walking lunges. :eek: Might have to try that myself, because Cami has really been taking her sweet time on our walks since she almost caught a mouse. :rolleyes:

Have a great day!

Good Morning,

Today I went for a 30 mile bike ride and 2 mile run with some friends of mine.

Laurie, that was some ab workout yesterday. Rock hard abs coming up. Ran with Emily last night because she didn't want to run alone. We finished the 2 1/2 miles in 28:14.

Sue, you had a busy day yesterday. How did your new plan for catching pee go?

Susan, glad your son had fun fishing up here. Happy that it didn't rain for you. It is always good to find a dr. that you like. It seems to be hard to do.

Lala, did all your food turn out?

Have a great day.

Didn't catch any pee yet and didn't workout today yet either. DH had a crazy night of being on call with it going off all night and waking me up. And then this morning we found a small patch of urine with blood in it from our girl cat. I'm taking her to the vet tomorrow and will try again to "catch pee". Wish me luck. Hope to do something outside tonight if I have any energy.

Karen - Great workout today. I'd still be biking those 30 miles myself. (I'm slow)

Laurie - Hope your leg is better so you can do your cardio tonight. I'm not brave enough to do walking lunges outside unless it's early and not many people around. :eek:

Susan/Laurie - Sounds like you have both found great doctors. You're lucky. :) My docs are okay, but just okay. We like our pediatrician a lot though.

Hello! Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday! I did a walk/run and Shred #3 & 2. Today is BFBM.

We're going camping for the weekend. DH is going up tonight with DS. I told him DD and I would show up tomorrow cause I needed to make my salads and do a little more shopping in the morning. Really I just didn't want to miss my Saturday workout!;) Shhhhh, don't tell him that! So today I am packing up as much as I want him to take there. We're camping with our close friends so it'll be fun. Tomorrow is Yoga Meltdown.

At Jillians website I see she is coming out with a Shred 2 using heavier weights in September. You can pre0order for $12 so I am doing that.

Sue, I hope you can find out what is wrong with your kitty! Good luck catching that pee! My friend's cat used to have chronic infections and it seemed she was always after that cat with a little cup! LOL!

Karen, you got a good workout in yesterday! My legs would've been too tired to run!

Laurie, glad to hear your leg is feeling better! Take it easy though! ;)

Have a great day! Susan

Morning BB's,

Did TaeBo Get Ripped Advanced #1 last night and the only things that made my leg twinge where the front and back kick. This morning was STS Disc 8 Back & Triceps, still want to get some stretching done after work.

Karen, I would like to run with my dd, she just doesn't want to run with me because I'm so slow. :D She went for a run with her bf yesterday, I forgot to ask how well he kept up. :eek: He plays soccer, so I would think that he would do pretty good.

Sue, Hope all goes well with the vet today. I did a few walking lunges this morning, until Cami gave me the evil eye. Guess she was wondering what I was doing. LOL

Susan, LOL on opting for the workout! I would do the same thing. Enjoy your weekend camping. I'm going to be ordering that DVD too, thanks for the information. That sounds great with the heavy weights.

Have a great 4th everyone,

Hi,

Today I did STS disk 3 Legs. Love those workouts. Tomorrow I am doing a 4 mile race in Chetek.

Laurie, glad your leg is getting better. You could run with your DH.;)Nice DD can run with her BF. Things must be going well for them.

Susan, how far are you walk/running? Have fun camping. I will get the Jillian workout but I'll wait until it comes to Walmart. I really want the Bob workouts also, but I have to wait for those to go retail also.

Sue, hope you are getting your workouts in. Did you find anything out about your cat now? LOL on still being biking. It is surprising how fast it goes by bike.

Lala, hope you are having fun with your summer.

Happy 4th weekend all

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.