BUFF BADGERS 8/1 - 8/5

susanz

Cathlete
Hi Ladies! The weekend went by way too fast! Saturday was Kenpo and yesterday was a long walk, mowing lawn, and lots of cleaning!

Today was Core Synergistic. This is the final week of P90X! That went by faster than I thought it would!:D

Have to go to the doctor before work for my thyroid check-up. Fun Fun!

I'll check back later but I do hope all of you had a nice weekend. Sam, I hope Elliot is doing better!

Take care- Susan

Hi Susan! You got in some great workouts over the weekend. Those 90 days went by fast. Congrats on your P90x accomplishment.

On Saturday, I did two STS discs for a complete upper body workout. My muscles are feeling a burn that they have not felt since I stop doing STS. I went to my brother's for a cookout and had a great time and enjoyed some good food.

This morning was Step Premix from Cardio Blast for a 48 minute cardio workout followed by Slow and Heavy Triceps and Biceps. I am now in week 2 of my push up challenge so I need to do push ups today.

I am back to work next week.

Hi! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Sat was my Packers 5K. It was a blast! I hope it becomes a tradition!

Karen, did your DS run it? There were almost 5,000 runners/walkers.

This week is a rest week as we are vacationing in VA Beach :D

Susan, Congrats on finishing P90X...any fotos???

Heartymax, you got in some burners!!

Morning Ladies,

This morning was Eion's Magically Hips section. Felt good, feet where actually not as sore as weeks past. :)

Susan, You are right the weekend did go by quickly. Sure was a muggy one also. I'm very happy that you have done such a great accomplishment on P90X. Have you decided what you will be treating yourself to? ;)

heartymax, Dang I don't want to hear that you are going back to your job. That just means that I have to start getting all that back to school stuff going again. Just glad that I only have on child left.

Lala, Congrats on the 5K! Have a wonderul time at VA Beach, what a great way to spend a vacation on the beach! :)

Have a wonderful day!

Hi

Today I did Insanity Asylum weight workout and ran the dog a mile round the block.

Vacation was tiring. We visited all our relatives in the state and Three Bears Lodge. Glad to be home but it was nice seeing everyone.

Lala, we didn't get a chance to do the race but I did think about you on Sat. We were not far in Elkhart Lake visiting DH brother and family. Glad you had a good time.

Laurie, what rotation are you doing now?

Heartymax, nice workout back to back STS. Yikes!:eek: Cookouts are so much fun.

Susan, nice job on finishing P90X. You sound like you got a lot done over the weekend.

Hi Sue and Sam.

The boys started soccer today. Have lots of things to catch up on so I think I had better get busy. Have a wonderful day.

Susan - Last week of P90X already? That did go by fast. Hope your Dr. appt. goes well.

Heartymax - Good luck with your pushup challenge today! Back to work next week already? It seems like you guys just finished school a couple of weeks ago.

Lala - That race sounds like so much fun. I may have to look into it as something fun for us to do as a family. Happy rest week!

Laurie - I chuckle immaturely to myself every time I read that title - Magically Hips. I'm glad your feet aren't as sore. I actually picked up some back-to-school supplies last weekend.

Karen - Welcome back! The best part of a vacation is coming home isn't it? Don't get me wrong - I love to travel and see friends/relatives but after a week or so, I start to miss my own bed, my routine, my dvds. . . even cooking! My DD asked me just yesterday what I thought of Insanity. She must have seen an infomercial or something. I told her Tabata Inferno and Cathe HIIT are about as crazy as I want to get right now. Might change my mind at some point in the future though.

Well I rested my back on Friday and Saturday. By Saturday my back was feeling better but I had housework to do and errands so no dvd workout (although I was sweating like crazy scrubbing my bathrooms). On Sunday I did Ultimate Ball and my back felt better doing planks and pikes (twisty moves not so much) so I also did 30 min. of 10 Min. Solution Pilates on the Ball.. I rented this one from the library and will probably buy it. The only thing is my abs are very sore today. Was scheduled to do Tabata Inferno this morning but did 4 miles from Leslie's 5 Fat Burning Miles instead. I'll try Tabata Inferno tomorrow. This 90 day rotation of Supreme 90 may turn out to be the longest on record at the rate I'm going!

Have a great day everyone!

Hello! Today was KenpoX.

Sue, the doctor appt. went well. We had to switch dr.s cause DH's insurance changed. She's nice. She took blood to check thyroid and will get back to me. I have to go back in 10 weeks for a full physical and a re-check on my thyroid. Glad your back is feeling better.

Karen, welcome back! Whenever I am away from home, I cannot wait to lay on my own bed! I walk straight to my bedroom and lay down...Ahhhhh :D

Laurie, I will be getting Insanity. Will probably order it over the weekend!:)

Lala, that run looked like fun from what I saw on the news. Told Dh I want to run it next year!;) Enjoy your vacation on the beach!

Heartymax, sounds like a nice time at your brothers. How do you like Slow and Heavy? Going back to work so soon? When is the first day of school for you?

Better go get ready for work! Have a great day! Susan

This morning was one of the Premixes from Low Max. It has been a very long time since I did that workout. It sure works the lower body:eek:

Susan---Glad you thyroid check went well. I like slow and heavy----especially the biceps and triceps one. I did for the first time last fall. I am in week 3 of Slow and Heavy. I may do it one more week and move on to something else....not sure yet.

Sue---I think we should wear a hear monitor during house cleaning just to see how the heart rate changes.

Karen-----I didn't realize you had the new Insanity workout. Hope you are enjoying it.

Lala---enjoy Virginia Beach. We were there last summer for the first time and I love the beach and the boardwalk and all the good food there. Have FUN!

Laurie---"Magically Hips" sounds like a funny name.

Yep! Ladies it is time for me to go back to work. I have a total of 5 weeks off as an 11 month employee. My kids won't go back until the last week of August though so they still have plenty of fun time left.

Good Morning,

Today is our group bike ride. It has been two weeks since we rode. Next weekend is our 130 mile bike ride--The Dairyland Dare.

Heartymax, I always liked Lowmax especially the music. I love the Asylum workouts.

Susan, glad you like your new Dr. That is always a concern when insurance changes or you move. Do you think Kenpo is as hard as Cathe's kickboxing workouts?

Sue, I agree with getting back home for everything. I was really tired of eating out. I don't think Insanity is that crazy because you can go at your own pace. Asylum is a better rounded program if done as is compared to Insanity I think. Glad your back is feeling better.

Lala, have a great time on your vacation. I would like you go there sometime. Are you driving?

Have a wonderful day.

Morning Ladies,

No workout for me yet, just couldn't move my body from the bed this morning (TTOM)! I'm hoping that things will calm down enough that I can get in Jillian's Level 1 of Ripped in 30 and her Biggest Winner Maximise Backside. ;)

Karen, I have always said that you need to have a full extra week at home for vacation after vacation. :D Are your ribs fully recovered? I made up this current rotation. I'm doing one week of different instructor workouts, focus on heavier weights. Then rotating it with a week of all Jillian workouts. I was planning on doing all four levels of RIP.

Sue, Sorry to hear that your back isn't fully recovered. I should do the school supply thing, but they never have a list of things that will be needed for HS. It is up to the individual teacher. So once the youngest has her first class, we will know what she will need. Have not gotten anything on what oldest is going to need. :rolleyes:

Susan, Glad to hear that your appt. went well. I think that you will really enjoy Insanity. You can always do a P90X/Insanity Hybrid rotation at some point. Isn't your reunion this weekend? We where suppose to have our 30th HS this year, but I don't think that anyone is organizing it.

heartymax, I'm actually planning on attempting Low Max in this rotation. Usually I avoid the step, but I figured Low Max may not be to bad on the knees.

Have a great day!

Hello! Today was 30mn elliptical and 30mn pilates advanced.

Laurie, my reunion is the weekend of the 20th so I have a few extra weeks to "fine tune" my physique!

Karen, no I prefer Cathe's but I make Kenpo harder by wearing my weighted gloves, and doing jump kicks instead of just standing ones.. I do love those air-born jacks though!;)

Hi Sue!
Hi Heartymax!

Have a great day. At least the humidity has gone down a bit...

Susan

Susan---after P90x and super clean eating, you are going to look fabulous for the reunion.

Laurie----darn that TTOM....it sure can make you sluggish.

Karen---how long does it take to do a 130 mile bike ride? I am not a bike rider so I have no clue regarding mph.

Today was Slow and Heavy legs, shoulders, planks and abs. I still have my push ups to do this evening. My shoulders are too tired right now for me to do them. :rolleyes:

Hi Sam, Lala and Sue.

Hi all,

Went 36 miles last night. Today I am trying out Amy B. new Kettlebell workout unless I get called into work.

Heartymax, the ride will take us 8-9 hours as it has over 100 feet of climbing in it also. How did you do on those pushups after your morning workout.

Susan, you should be very fine tuned by then. You already look great.

Laurie, nice rotation. I want to put some of Jillian's workouts back into my rotations too. Hope you are feeling more energized this morning. My ribs are mostly healed unless I do chest work then it acts up a bit.

Have a wonderful day.

Morning Ladies,

I didn't workout last night, just not feeling it. This morning was another matter. Got in that RI30 Level 1 and BW Back In Action. At first the level 1 workout seemed to be easy, but I was dripping with sweat by the end of it. The BIA workout wasn't a snoozer either. Very surprised right now to be feeling my back right now. Even with light weights she can get a good workout in. ;) I had done 30DS last year during the summer, maybe I should just stick to Jillian again. :D

Susan, Great that you have extra time before the reunion. So what have you decided to do for your next workouts? Just doing whatever or do you have a plan?

heartymax, I would think that SH Shoulders would make you tired. :D WTG keeping up with those push-ups.

Karen, Sounds like slow but steady healing for you. Hope you will be able to try out that new workout.

Have a great day!

Good morning! Today was Core Synergistic again. Love it!:D

Laurie, I am going to start running again, I think on Sunday and use Slow & Heavy, as well for the next few weeks. Then I am going to order Insanity...

Karen, that is a lot of bike pedaling! YOW!!

Heartymax, how are the pushups coming? I was surprised that after P90X I am so much better at my pushups.

Hi Sue!

Check back later - have a great day! Susan

Good Morning. Today was Athletic Step and previewed STS total body to check it out before I put in on the calendar. I think I may do it on tomorrow or Saturday. Push ups are coming along well. Last night was the first time DH has seen me do push ups since I have been able to do them on my toes. He complimented me on my form and strength improvements since last year. I am taking it one week at a time. I am just happy to be stronger. I told him that STS helped me to get here.

Susan----so you are planning to join the runners! Enjoy slow and heavy in between. S&H is a nice change. I am just not getting DOMS from it like I did last year. I feel a burn when doing other workouts, but no DOMS the next day like with STS.

Karen---I can't begin to imagine 8 or 9 hour bike ride. That is like going work and biking all day. :D Have fun!

Laurie---glad you were able to get in some kick butt workouts. I almost grabbed Jillian this morning but opted for Athletic Step, which is a workout that I used to hate so I never did it. I pulled it out again a few weeks ago and now I like it.

Hi Sam! I hope Elliott is doing well.

Morning Ladies,

Level 1 of Ripped in 30 (will be doing this one for 6 days straight), and Biggest Winner Full Frontal. Another good workout! :D

Susan, Sounds like a good rotation, and I know how much you enjoy your running. I bet when you start up you will be surprised at how well you do. I remember people making comments about that.

heartymax, Glad you are enjoying Athletic Step. I'm surprised at these Biggest Winner workouts, they are very good. I was leary of them, because reviewers had said she was giggly in them. All I know is that she is just as tough in these as her current ones.

Have a great day everyone!

Hi,

Today I ran 6.5 miles. Yesterday I did get in the Kettlebell workout, at least 2 segments of it before getting called into work.

Laurie, I love all the Biggest Winner workouts too. They are all very good. I was doing them for a while last year.

Susan, have fun with your running. My 1/2 is on the 20th of August.

Heartymax, it is great you are getting so strong. Never thought about the ride that way. It will be a long day.

Have a great day.

It's Friday. Having lunch with an old friend today so we can catch up. Going back to school shopping on Saturday and cry all day on Sunday since I have to return to work on Monday:D.

This morning was STS total body. It reminds me of High Reps. It moves really fast too. Sometimes I have to pause to take a breath and stretch my muscles.

Have a great weekend everyone!

HI there! Happy Friday! Today was KenpoX. Tomorrow is my last day of P90X, I am supposed to do Yoga but.... I am doing Plyo instead! I just have to!:D

We are going to my sisters for a cook-out tomorrow. It'll be nice. But I shall behave, as much as I can!:p

Heartymax, have a nice time with your friend! I am doing my school shopping next Saturday... dreading it already!

Karen, great run you had! Where is your Half?

Hi Laurie!
Hi Sue!

Have a great weekend ladies!! Try and sneak in some relaxation!

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.