BUFF BADGERS 1/3 - 1/7

susanz

Cathlete
Hello ladies! I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday! I am just happy it's all over. On Saturday we finished up the last of the celebrating. This morning I was 2 pounds up on the scale. Not a happy person! :mad:

Sunday I sat down and wrote up a new rotation. It is focusing on Pilates this month so you will see that word a lot in my posts! Today I am doing Pilates Ring Advanced workout. About 5 days a week I will be doing pilates for anywhere from 20-60mn.

Well, it's back to school and work! Kids were not too thrilled to be heading back this morning. I am ready to get back however!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Well my vacation time is officially done. :( I sure did enjoy my time off. I got in the STS Discs 1, 17 and 5 last week. Didn't get anything else done, but that is ok I enjoyed the time off. This morning was KPC, the DVD was giving me some problems so probably need to clean it up. Hard to do those moves when the DVD starts to freeze. :eek:

Susan, Guess we posted at the same time this morning! :D Sounds like a rotation that you will enjoy with the pilates added into the routine.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Susan - You really like Pilates and get good results so not surprising you're adding it back in to your rotation.

Laurie - How many rounds of STS have you done now? Still seeing results? Does it get easier? (I bet not)

DH and kids had to go back to work and school today but I'm off 1 last day before going back tomorrow. Just the way the holiday calendar worked out this year that we got the day off. So after getting the kids off to school I went back to bed for a 2 hour nap. :). Don't know I'm going to get up early and workout tomorrow. I might be doing more night-time workouts this week.

Here's how my last few days went:

Saturday - Intensity Step + Leslie mile + Stretchmax w/band
Sunday - MMA Boxing + Leslie mile + 20 min. Zen in Your Den (yoga) from Exercise TV
Monday - NYC + 10 min. Solution Kickboxing Bootcamp (Basic Training and Ultimate Buns and Thighs segments)

Trying to use more of my DVD collection in 2011. Doesn't mean I won't buy anything new;-)

Hi BB's,

I did Super Cycle on my spin bike today. I did Kettlebell Way 1 on Sat. took off on Sun.--again.

Sue, hope you enjoyed your last day off. I need to try to work in some of my dvds this year too. I was just thinking about how many I have and many I haven't even done.

Laurie, you must be doing the undulating rotation. I love STS. I keep going back to them for even the leg workouts. I am always sore. As for the freezing in KPC just keep balancing.;)

Susan, two pounds isn't bad for over the holidays. I am afraid to get on my scale. It also is off so I really don't have any clue what I weigh now. Not sure if that is good or bad. Have fun with your pilates. Do you like the ring?

And so basketball starts up again.;) I actually love watching it. How about those Packers?:D Can't wait until Sun.

Have a great day.

Hello everyone! I hope you had an awesome holiday week. I am so glad to be back home and working out. I took travelfit with me and did it one morning. I enjoyed my family and some good food while away.

Susan---My scale is up about 1.5 lbs and I am not mad at all. I am back to focusing on eating better and will take it one day at a time.

Sue---What is NYC?

Hi Laurie, Kakay and Karen!

I did Pyramid Upper Body down only and Rhythmic Step on Sunday. I did Body Max 2 Step Segments and Slow and Heavy Legs this morning. It feel great to be back home into my routine. Hubby has ordered a new belt for the treadmill so we hope to have it next week.

Heartymax - NYC is New You Coming by Kelly Coffey-Meyer. Great workout but a little light on the chest work. No pushups - can you believe it?

Susan & Heartymax - 1.5 or 2 pounds is nothing for you to lose. I gained about that much myself over the holidays but I already have a lot to lose. I'm at my heaviest ever but I'm on a good track with eating healthy. Made a salad for tomorrow's lunch and stocked up at the grocery store on good, clean food.

Morning Ladies,

Last night I got in Insanity Fast n Furious along with Jillian's 6 Week 6-Pack workout #1. The Jillian workout was very good, and gets the hr up while working the abs. I'm feeling my core right now. This morning was Disc 30 Shoulders, Biceps and Triceps, and I'm feeling those muscles also. Guess from the waist up I'm just really sore. :)

Sue, Nice that you had an extra day off by yourself. WTG on the workouts, I find if fun doing combos of different instructors. Also a good way to get through your collection. ;) I have done one 3 month round of STS as is, and started a 6 month rotation of undulating that I had to stop during the faire season. So this is my 3rd attempt at the workouts.

Karen, Yep I'm into my undulating roation, and so far each of the weight workouts has given me sore muscles. I'm looking forward to the plyo leg work that is scheduled for tomorrow. After the Christmas break there really isn't all that much time left for the bb season is there. :eek: Soon we will be talking track season. :D

heartymax, How did you enjoy the Travelfit workout? Should take you long to get that extra weight off. ;)

Have a great day!

Laurie - Wow! A 6 month rotation. . . That's quite a commitment. I've been toying with the idea of doing 3-4 week rotations of PS, GS, MIS/PH, 4DS, S&H, CTX, PLB/PUB, Barrys Bootcamp (both sets), Jillian's 30 Day Rotation, etc. Maybe even P90X. And THAT seems long. Granted there are a LOT more workouts in STS. . . . You should be in super shape for summer. Just in time to show off those arms in tank tops. :)

Got paged at 2:30 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep :( (snoring DH didn't help) so I got up at 3:45 and had plenty of time for my workout even though I had to leave the house early. Did Christi Taylor's Mission Possible. It's 20 min. of step and 20 min. of Hi/Low. Weird being back at work today. A couple of people are out so it's very quiet. Getting a lot of catch-up work done but I'd rather be home cuddling up on the couch with the cats and a good book.

Laurie----I totally agree with Sue---we have absolute admiration for you with your comittment to the long rotations. I did my first official rotation this summer and it was just 4 weeks. I enjoyed it----but some weeks I have my favorite workouts and I just want to do what I want to do:D

Sue---never heard of NYC---but I definitely LOVE what the acronymn stands form. I plan to have a New me coming by summer time.....I am comitted to getting these arms more toned and ready for sleeveless!!!! We returned back to school on Monday and it was hard getting out of the house. I bet you got a lot of work done with it being quiet around the office. It's amazing what you can do when there are fewer distractions.

Today was HiIt 40/20 and Upper Body segment from Muscle Max. My legs are still sore from slow and heavy yesterday:eek:

Hi! Had a wonderful break, boy was it hard to get back to work yesterday! I was dedicated in my workouts over break, so that was good! I 'm starting Cathe's undulating rotation with STS so yesterday was disk 1 and today I did 40/20.

karen, I noticed on the blog that a Karen from WI was quoted as to how great STS is...was that you???? You're famous if it is!!!

Laurie, which undulating rotation are you using. I know there is one by christoz or something like that. Or do you make up your own? If so, how are you arrangin it? I'm interested!

Sue, Lucky you having that extra day off!! It is sooo hard for me to get back that first day, but after about 10 minutes it feels like I never left!

Susan, I echo everyone else...2 lbs is not bad, but I get it, too, you don't want it to creep up on you!. So doing pilates 5 days a week, is that in addition to cardio? And do you need to cross train to avoid your muscles "getting used" to it? I've never done pilates, but would be interested in trying it, so tell me what you like about it!!

Heartymax, looks like you and I were on the same page today with our workout! I think this was my best 40/20 workout yet...even was able to jump over the step on those double leg jumps!

Hi ladies! Sorry I am checking in late! It's great to see us all on here again! Today I woke early and did Jillian's BFBM followed by Pilates Buns/Thighs (20mn). I have been really watching my sugar intake as well as drinking a lot of water (16 glasses a day) and I am felling a lot better. It's only been a few days but it really makes a difference.

Lala, I can do pilates 5 days a week and since I have SO many workouts and so many different "tools" to use I do not get overuse troubles. Actually a lot of people do some type of pilates every single day because it's so good with stretching and lengthening. I love the feeling I get from practicing pilates. I feel I have more balance, a stronger core. I walk taller and have an overall happier mood. When I fail to practice it regularly, it shows in how I feel and carry myself. I would actually rather do pilates than strength training.

Heartymax, I am with you! I have my 25th class reunion this Summer and I want to feel my best!

Sue, if I was paged at 2:30am, I would not have been up when you were! Were you tired this evening?

Laurie, what would you say Jillian's 6-pack workout is similar too? I am looking forward to her new Shred dvd's in March! A 6 month rotation! I have a hard enough time staying focused for 1 month! Way to go!

Karen, so happy you are back! We missed you!:) Yes, my DS was back to Basketball this week as well. He has a tournament on Sunday morning but since it's an hour away and I have to teach Sunday School I am not going to go. Told DH to tape it for me. I love the Pilates ring cause I really feel in my inner/outer thighs!

Well, I better get to bed! G'night all! Susan

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Susan---glad you are enjoying your pilates and looking forward to an upcoming rotation. I have never done pilates or yoga. I have watched clippings and wonder if I can maintain the concentration. I have a hard time staying focused during the short stretches at the end of a workout. Sometimes I skip them and just do my own thing. I have thought about giving yoga or pilates a try since a good friend said it really helped tone her arms..

Lala---I love Hiit 40/20. It has definitely become one of my favorite workouts. I just don't like doing 60 minutes or cardio. I guess that is why I love this series as well as the premix option of the other workouts. I cannot do Butt kicks and don't think i ever will.

Just finished the original Interval Max (IMAX) this morning. I spent about 5 minutes trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I guess when you are doing a rotation---you don't have that problem:eek: Anyway, I finally decided to dust off an old workout and shock the cardio portion this morning. I really enjoyed the workout. I was so tired by the 10th interval----I just watched Cathe and the crew do the airjacks and tucks

Have a great day everyone!

Hello again! Today is Pilates Advanced Power Sculpting(w/ bands). I also walked Ruby for 40mn and will be shoveling later....

Heartymax, I have not done the original IMAX in such a long time. I know I hate those plyo scissors!:D I prefer pilates over yoga because it is faster paced and gets my heart rate up. It also gets those little muscles you don't realize you have! Your friend was right, it does tone your arms and it really flattens your core.

I'll check back later- hope you all enjoy your day!

Susan

Morning Ladies,

Todays workout was STS Disc 35 Plyo Legs, really was a fun workout. ;)

Sue, Why not do a combination of Jillian and P90X? Do 30 days of Jillian workouts, and then do 30 days of P90X and then maybe 30 days of Cathe that way you get the endurance challenge that Jillian's workouts give you and then 60 days of strength building. And the bonus is you probably will not get bored with it. Just a thought from the lady who loves her rotations! :D

heartymax, I make sure that I throw in some of my favorite workouts into my rotation. I didn't do the cardio workouts when I did P90X, because I knew I wouldn't be happy with those. ;) Exercise needs to be fun for me to get through some days. :eek: I have not done Imax, but it is my favorite of the Imax workouts. The warm-up is not enjoyable for me though. :eek:

Lala, I have taken Cathe's Oct '09 Undulating rotation, and created my version of it. I've taken it to a 3-1/2 month, and I will be happy to share it with you. Will try to see if I can get it into a pdf file and post it. Of all the rotations that where created, I like how hers was set up. I did take out all the step workouts, and found different workouts to replace them. ;)

Susan, 6W6P is very similar to the ab portion of her BFBM workout, just a lot longer. You are constantly moving from one exercise to another, and some of the exercises really do get the hr up there. She uses weights on some of the moves, and because this was my first time I used a 3# weight. You go through all the moves once, and then she starts from the top making the moves faster. I'm still feeling my core today! :D There is a good description of the moves over at vf if you are interested. I to am looking forward to her Shred 2, and will probably create a rotation using all her workouts for after this STS rotation. :eek:

Have a great day!

Karen - I even have some Cathe workouts I've never tried: 4DS Bootcamp cardio, heavy bag bonus. Don't know why - I'd probably like these. You might not have done all your workouts but you seem to do a variety and not repeating the same ones over and over. That's good. Ah, yes basketball season. . . DH regets not ever signing up DS for basketball but I'm enjoying the little break. ;) He's doing weights on Mondays and Wednesdays and that's plenty of running around for now.

Susan - Yes, I was tired last night. Fell asleep watching Biggest Loser so only saw about half ot it. It's recorded so I can watch the rest this weekend. (Have concerts to go to tonight and tomorrow night.) 16 glasses of water? :eek: Wow! I struggle to get in 10. And now we have free coffee and soda at work which is good because I'm saving a ton of money (about $2 a day) but bad because I'm drinking more coffee and soda than plain water. Need to tell myself the water is free, too, so I should be drinking more of that.

Heartymax - Yes, I did get a lot done yesterday. I am so easily distracted it's not funny. I'm working on a "New Me Coming" this year, too. :D Toner arms, legs, abs and much less of me. Can already feel the difference in the way my pants feel after 5 days. Interval 10 in Imax is so hard. You're at the point where you just want the workout to be over and then you're supposed to do tuck jumps! Eek! At least it's only 8 (not like I count or anything ;)).

Laurie - That sounds like a great idea but Cathe has so many strength workouts I thought I'd need more than a month. I guess I could do something like this:

Month 1 Jillian 30 Day Rotation
Month 2 P90X Rotation
Month 3 Cathe Rotation consisting of:
Week 1 GS
Week 2 PS
Week 3 4DS
Week 4 S&H

How does that sound? Is that too random? Should I pick MIS, Musclemax, PLB/PUB instead? Or focus on just 1 strengh series? Looking for your guys' expert opinions. I've been doing full body workouts for a while now so I thought doing splits again would be good to change things up. CTX is endurance so I didn't include it.

Today is a rest day for me. Felt great to sleep in this morning after 2 nights of not very restful sleep.

Good Morning Ladies!

Laurie---I love your idea of changing up the rotation every 30 days to prevent boredom.

Sue---I like the rotation you are considering. If you are looking for another idea---you could turn it into a 6 month rotation and focus on GS for 30 days, then PS for 30 days and then Slow and Heavy for 30 days....just a thought----but I like the way you have it set up already. This summer I followed one of the slow and heavy rotations and I loved it. It included using SH and GS for 4 weeks. I loved it so much til I did the rotation for another 2 weeks and then I lost focused....and threw it my pyramids---which I absolutely love.

Susan---I got a catalog from Collage videos in the mail and I was looking at the yoga/pilates section to see what they had to offer. I am not familiar with any of the instructors though.

Hi Lala and Karen!

Hi!:D Today will be P90X KenpoX followed by Pilates Abs (20mn).

Sue, I agree the one you had written up looks like a good one to me. As for drinking more water, I went and bought myself a new water bottle and my goal is to never leave it empty. Basically as soon as I drink it all, I fill it right back up! It's a nice 32oz one I got on sale at Walmart. I like that it's see-thru so I know how much I got in there. My old one was black and I didn't like that.

Heartymax, I started (and still use) Mari Winsor's Pilates workouts. It's hard with instructors cause some people like certain ones and some people hate them. I have tried the Stott Pilates and they are good workouts but for me I did not like the instruction. What I would do, is see if your library has any for rent then maybe you can "test drive" before buying!

Have a great day! Susan

Morning Ladies,

Not a great start to my morning at all. :mad: I wanted to do Cardio Kicks, and my VHS player decided that it would be a great time to keep the tape stuck in the player. :mad: Then I decided on Janis Saffell's Kick It, but that wasn't really as much fun. :( I then came back upstairs afterwards to no one moving around in the house. The bus gets there in 30 min. and no one is up! :rolleyes: Then I was late for work this morning because of drivers not remembering how to drive! :eek:

Sue, I like how you have the Cathe mix, it is a lot like how the rotation goes in the Look Great in Eight, where each week you work the body in a different way. I think the first week of that rotation did a total body routine three times in the week. You could opt for the full body the first week. Just go with the workouts that you feel like doing, and you know you will like. That is what I always shoot for, it has to be fun. For the P90X I would opt for the last month where he has you incorporate all the P90X weight workouts, again taking out the boredom factor. Are you doing the 30 Day Slimdown rotation of Jillian's or creating your own? With Jillian you could incorporate those Barry workouts also. Just a thought, because you might get bored with just Jillian. ;)

heartymax, I think my favorite thing is trying to come up with different rotations. Sue has me thinking of what I'm going to do after STS! :D

Susan, I have a 32oz. bottle that is clear, and it is sitting on my desk right now. It really does help you with getting in the water during the day. Also helps that the ladies bathroom is right next to my office. :D :D

Have a great day!

Heartymax - I really don't think I could plan out 6 months in advance. Well, I *could* but knowing me it'd fly right out the window. ;) A rotation with a combo of GS/S&H sounds good. Was that one of Cathe's monthly rotations?

Laurie - Sorry your morning was so crappy. I hear your pain on kids not getting up for school. Some mornings they're up on their own and other mornings I have to go downstairs 2 or 3 times before they get out of bed! :eek: They both like to shower at night so not as big a deal if they get up late but I had to drive DD to school one day cuz she missed the bus and it's 10 min. in the opposite direction of work so I was late.

I was thinking of Jillian's slimdown rotation but will definitely substitute since there are only 3 dvds IIRC. I have her kettlebell w/o and Bob's workouts. BBC could work, too. I will definitely sub Yoga X for something else because I rarely have 90 min. for a workout. Yes, I definitely need to have fun with my workouts and have a variety of easier and tougher workouts. I'm finding that I just can't go all out every day.

Susan/Karen - Are you watching Biggest Loser? What do you think of separating the groups and giving 4 weeks immunity to the new trainer group? I don't think it's fair. This whole "mystery" thing of not showing the new trainers faces is stupid. People have already figured out who they are.

This morning I did Amy Bento's 10 Min. Solution Tone Trouble Zones (Butt & Thigh Blaster & Sleek & Sexy Abs). It was only 20 min. but I was still tired this morning so lucky to do that. Jazz Band Concert tonight so that'll be it for today. Going to have to get in some good calorie torching workouts this weekend. Imax1/2/3 might be calling my name! :D (I mean 1 of these. Not all 3 at once! Eek!)

Hi! Yesterday was disk 5 of STS and today I did MMA Kickbox. Although I like that workout, it is really low intermediate...not as intermediate even as KCM...so it´s good for a day when you don´t really want to work, but i kinda wanted to today :( I do like the core work that she includes.

Laurie, if you can attach a pdf file, that would be great! I´ve never really tried to make a rotation, either follow an already made one, or just make sure I get x number of cardio days and x number of weights.

Sue, like I said, sometimes a shorter, "kinder" workout is just what we need!

Susan, Thanks for the info about pilates. I like the library idea...may be heading there this weekend.

Heartymax, I always get a surprise at that last interval in Imax1...I´m waiting for one that is not so intense and I think that is the most intense!

Hi Karen!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.