BUFF BADGERS 1/11-1/15

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

This morning was 30 Day Shred #1, and JW Power Circuit Training: Total Body Circuit 40 min. Saturday was NMTZ, and Sunday was W6D1 of GW28K on the TM (while watching the football game :().

Busy weekend for us, I don't think that I sat down all day on Saturday. Sunday was less busy, but housework was my goal for the day. ;) Do you know that I got frustrated with the game, so decided that when they got down 21 points it was my time to get that frustration out on the tm. Well those guys started doing so much better when I was on that thing, just think they may have won if I was able to keep going to the end of the game. :eek: :D See all my fault! :D

Karen, You do what you need to, even 20 min of Hiit is going to be a benifit. ;)

Susan, I only use 3lb weights on the shoulder work in NMTZ, so I'm a wimp too. :D I tried using 5lb weights, but had to switch to 3's after the first round.

Hope everyone had a great weekend,

Last edited:
Hello

Wow, other people from Wis. who exercise! I seem to be the only one in my area who works out. I hope you don't mind if I join in on the challenges? So far this year I have been doing well keeping up with Cathe's January rotation. I have to substitute for the STS workouts but I don't have any problem doing that. Today I will do Slow & Heavy Biceps & Triceps. I look forward to the motivation of the check-ins.

Hi BB's,

Today I did Lauren's new kettlebell workout during lunch break. It is a really good workout. Nothing over the weekend. Nothing new there.

Welcome capionke, always nice to see more people from Wisconsin working out. Noone around my area working out much either, at least not at home. The Jan. rotation looks like a good one. Are you enjoying the shock cardio workouts?

Laurie, thanks for the thumbs up on something is better than nothing. I just have to change my mindset. Sounds like your weekend was very busy. I blame you for the Packer lose. You need to just keep running next time. I was wondering why they started doing so well.

Hi everyone else. Have a great rest of the day.

Hello there! Saturday I only managed to get a walk in. Ran errands until 5pm and I was pooped! My pedometer said I walked 5 miles just shopping!:confused: Sunday I did Leslie's 5 mile Fat Burning but during her 2 minute "bursts" I did my own plyometrics. I was tired! Today I walked for 4 miles with Ruby. It's DH's Birthday and I am making his favorite meal and dessert but I hope to sneak downstairs to do Pilates after supper!

Laurie, good job on all of your workouts! You are being so diligent!:)

Karen, at least you are squeezing in what you can! ;)

capionke, Welcome!:D Where in Wisconsin are you from? I'm from outside of Oshkosh! Always nice to have new members!

Have a good night everyone! Susan

HI All! I was still on my rest week so this weekend I pretty much just cleaned and did lots of school work. am starting the Jan rotation so today did STS1 and am looking forward to 40/20 tomorrow.

Laurie, oh, what a loss! Yes, we will have to blame you ;)

Karen, keep up the good work, you have a lot on your plate!

Susan, I like to see how far we can walk while shopping ;)

Welcome, capionke!

Hi Sue!

I looked at the word loss in my post earlier at least 5 times and couldn't figure out why it didn't look right. Weird how I just drew a blank.

Lala, the Jan. rotation is a good one. Just couldn't find the time to fit in the long weight workouts. Let me know how you like it.

Susan, you had a busy weekend too.You sure got a lot of walking in during those 3 days.

Take care. Tomorrow I am going to try HIIT pyramid during lunch.

Enjoy your evening.

Morning BB's,

Today was a run on my tm, and I finished W6D2 of GW28K, and I would like to get in 30 Day Shred #2 after work.

DH has to leave today to head to southern IL for work, so I don't know if I will be getting my workout in tomorrow morning. Maybe I can convince the girls that they need to get themselves moving. :rolleyes: I can hope right! :D

capionke, Welcome to the Cathe Badgers. Right now I am not doing a Cathe rotation, just finished up a round of STS. ;) I'm in the Waukesha area.

Karen, Don't worry I have done the same thing with loss, lose, loose.... The English language can give you a major eye/brain freeze! :D

Susan, Wow that is a lot of walking while shopping! Now you need to do that again and wear a HR monitor, just to see how many calories you burned. :D

Lala, Lol about looking forward to 40/20. :eek: Funny how a short but intense workout sounds good to us.

Have a great day!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

I guess I had better tell you all a little about myself: I am married, have a 4 year old, live on a dairy farm outside of Hancock, am a stay-at-home-mom but also am clerk for our township and volunteer at our church just to stay busy, love to sew, read and exercise!

Today I have a rest day scheduled - it just works better for my schedule this week. But I will not be sitting around doing nothing. I will be painting the bedroom:D so I will be doing an upper body workout, I guess.

More tomorrow!
Cheryl

Cheryl - Welcome to our little group! :) Have to admit not knowing where Hancock is so I looked it up. We were in your neck of the woods last fall with DD14 for marching band competitions at Merrill and DC Everest. I live in Waukesha but most of my family is in the Madison area. I'm married with 2 kids (12 and 14) and am 45 years old. Been doing Cathe workouts for about 10 years now.

Laurie - Great workouts! Can't believe you did Shred and JW Circuit on the same day. That's awesome. LOL about running on the treadmill and the Packers doing better. DS had religion class Sunday night and had to leave right when the Packers tied it up. We recorded it for him but he wasn't interested in watching once he found out they lost.

Susan - 2 minutes of plyo moves would be hard!! I'll have to try a few of those next time. Don't think I'll make the whole 2 minutes though.

Hi, Karen and Lala!

Finally got caught up on sleep over the weekend. On Saturday I did a bunch of short workouts from Exercise TV on Demand, Fit TV and Sports Skool on Demand. It was a combination of light cardio, abs, lower body toning, Pilates and yoga. Sunday was rest. Monday was Jari's Ripped 1000. Today was MMA Kickbox for the first time. I got a good workout but MMA Boxing is more fun.

OMG!!! Looking forward to 40/20?????:eek::eek: That is one tough workout. Something for me to shoot for to do it all along with Cathe! I had to slow down with the butt kicks, just jump the second round of tuck jumps and didn´t do all of the last high jumps on the step.

Sue, doesn´t it feel good to get enough sleep?! I think I´m scheduled for one of the MMA boxing ones this week...glad to hear your good reviews.

Laurie, you could always get up earlier so that you can still get the DDs moving ;)

Karen, I read your post as "word loss" and thought "It doesn´t look like she has word loss here..." !!

Cheryl, I´m from Central WI, will have to look up Hancock, too...sounds like you may not be too far. Anyway we had some beautiful temps today!

Hi Susan!

Morning BB's,

This morning was NMTZ (great work on the shoulders). :D The girls where able to get ready for school all on there own. The youngest even made her lunch, and ate breakfast. I don't know if I should feel sorry for the hubby, or tell him he has to be more assertive with the girls. :eek: I didn't have to do anything but make sure that they where up and moving. :D

Cheryl, I know where Hancock is, because I see the exit sign for it every time we go to see my parents. ;) We are kindred spirits, in that I love to sew, read and exercise. :D Oh ya, I have also spent alot of time on dairy farms. ;) So need to ask what is your favorite author? ;) If you haven't guessed yet, I am married with two daughters ages 16 and 12. Painting is a good workout.

Sue, So now you are making me curious to find out what Skool On Demand has. Will have to check that out. I enjoyed the MMA Boxing workout also. Where you able to do the bag workout yet?

Lala, You made me LOL about your 40/20 experience. :D I refuse to get up any earlier than 4:30am. :p I'm just happy that the girls where responsible enough, and of course I reminded them before they went to bed that they needed to cooperate.

Have a great day!

Hi

Put my back out during Hiit pyramid yesterday. Got put back in by the chiro., and managed PUB today. It wasn't on the schedule but I couldn't think of any other workout that would not effect my back.

Cheryl, I am married with 6 children, 3 boys, 3 girls. We live in Rice Lake. I'll have to look up where Hancock is as it does sound familiar.

Laurie, yea for your DD's. They did well getting up and getting themselves ready. Maybe that is why I can't workout in the mornings, I have no help and still some that need help getting ready. How are you liking your rotation?

Lala, glad to hear you thought 40/20 was hard also. Have you tried the rest of them yet? Are you doing the Jan. rotation?

Sue, nice you could get some workouts in. Glad you caught up on some sleep.

Hi Susan. Have a good day.

Hey gang. I am having a bad week. Kids have so much darn homework they need help with, DH is working late every night and I am getting little sleep. So, I have been setting the alarm to get up at 4:20 but it ain't happening. After school I am helping the kids until after supper and then I am too tired and frustrated to do anything! Yesterday I started CTX Kickbox only to get pulled away from both kids to help them, and never got back to it!:( I am determined to get up early tomorrow, wish me luck!:rolleyes:

Cheryl, I am married with 2 kids. Son is 10 and daughter is 13. I looked on the map where you are and you are not too far from us! Actually we got our dog from a breeder in Coloma and I think that took us about an hour. So we are an hour or so from you.

Someone is calling for help... man do I need a live-in tutor! :confused:

Have a good night! Susan

Morning BB's,

Because of getting the dog to her usual day at doggie daycare, I didn't get my "normal" run in. Probably will be better to get in in after work, but I did 30 Day Shred #2 and the last 3 circuits of BFBM. That was a great way to get through circuit #6 without to much dread. :D

Karen, Sorry to hear about your back. :( The girls where good this morning also, but I had to make their lunches for them. They even had some time to chat with me before the bus came. :confused:

Susan, My youngest has been having the homework also, but so far has not needed my help with anything. Yesterday she asked me a question over the phone, but that was it. Hope you get that workout in today, I know how it is to get interupted.

Have a great day!

Hello everyone,

I have to make this a super-short post today. Lots going on. Hope I can squeeze in a workout. Yesterday I muddled through Hiit 40-20. YIKES! Now I know what I need to work on...Cardio & Endurance... Today I will try to squeeze in Slow & Heavy Chest & Back. Still trying to finish up redecorating the bedroom - touch up painting, carpet cleaning, hanging up pictures, etc. Might be done by this weekend.

Susan-sounds like your week and my week are busy and tiring. I think even part of a workout is better than nothing!

Laurie - I love it when my DD tries to get ready for school herself. Most of the time we have to change an item of clothing (can't wear a tank top in January) but for 4 years old, I can't complain.

OK - so much for a short post. Gotta help dress a Barbie doll. More tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!
Cheryl

Hi all! Yesterday was STS disk 2 and today MMA boxing...I really liked that...and it was the first time I actually wasn´t able to do all of Cathe´s ab work :eek:

Getting warm, so maybe a run this weekend!

Laurie, nice job "training" the DDs!! I totally agree with you about getting up even earlier...my limit is 4:45.

Speaking of getting up early, SUSAN, 4:20???? Good luck!! You have been having some looong days!

Karen, too bad about your back, sounds like this isn´t the first time...hope it heals quickly.

Hi Cheryl and Sue!

Morning BB's,

This morning was NMTZ, and I didn't get my run in last night so I still would like to get that in tonight. DH is home, so I think it might be more doable. :D Was nice to feel the warmer weather this morning, just hope it stays that way until I get home. ;)

Cheryl, LOL about the dressing the Barbie. Seemed that I had to do a lot of that, and as soon as they got dressed they where naked again. :D :D

Lala, I really like the ab work in the MMA workouts. She threw in some new moves, and ones that I seem to enjoy. :eek:

Karen, I forgot to answer you question about my current rotation. I actually really have been enjoying it, and it has not become redundant. I have noticed changes, but no weight change. The one thing that I really liked is that the pooch area has shrunk, the under arm flap has reduced some more, reduced hips, and the under arm bra strap area went away (this one I noticed yesterday). Those are the areas that Jillian says will be reduced by doing her workouts. She also says the legs will shrink, but I have not noticed that. I have one more week doing this current rotation, then I'm going to do some Barry's Bootcamp/Cindy Whitmarsh followed by Insanity. :) Wanted to get my Gateway to 8k program finished before I started Insanity. :D

Have a great day!

Hi,

Today I did CCC, STS disk 14 and the lower body weight segment of Yoga Solutions.

Laurie, you really got some nice changes from Jillian's workouts. I suppose the interval running helped burn some nice calories too. Glad to hear your DH is back home and he can help out again. I am glad the weather is warming up. Hope it stays nice for your run. It's 21 here. Burr!!!

Cheryl, did you get all your redecorating done? I'll bet you squeezed in Slow and Heavy. 40/20 is a great workout.

Lala, are you liking the Jan. rotation? I liked that it had short workouts the majority of the days. I am really liking the new Shock Cardio workouts. Still have lots to try.

Susan, how are you doing on getting everything in this week. Hope you are able to get your workouts in. Are you liking your new shoes? Do you see any difference in your legs?

Hi Sue.

Have some errands to run. Have a great day.

Happy Friday everyone! It's been a rough week. I was paged 2 nights in a row this week so I'm tired. The weekend can't come fast enough!

Laurie - I'm putting that bag workout on my "to-do" list for this weekend. Sounds like I need to try a Jillian rotation to reduce my lower "pooch".

Karen - What move in 40/20 put your back out? Yikes! Going to have to watch in on that workout. You're getting your workouts in though - that's great news.

Susan - Sorry to hear you're having a bad week. ::( Does the school offer after-school homework help? I think I'm beyond helping DD14 with her homework. Don't know French, barely remember Geometry, Science was not a strong subject for me and her 2 AP classes sound way too hard for me! LOL

Cheryl - I'm definitely not ready to attempt 40/20 yet so kudos to you! I'm jealous that you get to dress Barbie dolls. I kept mine from when I was a girl but my DD never wanted anything to do with dolls much to my dismay (sigh).

Lala - Sounds like you're doing a good job with the January rotation. How are you liking it so far?

Here's what I've been up to:
Wednesday - Jackie Warner circuit + 30 min. walk
Thursday - 30/30 + 2 Leslie miles + 30 min. walk
Friday - nothing yet

Still need to try MMA Fusion, Cardio Core Circuit and the 2 harder HIITs. 30/30 was still pretty tough last night so I'm going to wait on doing 40/20 and the pyramid one.

Hey there!

Yesterday was the elliptical followed by NMTZ. Today, probably pilates for an hour.

Sue, yeah, I swear I feel so stupid when I try to help DD with her Pre-Alegbra. I just don't remember it! I do like helping her with Language arts though.

Karen, sorry you hurt your back. How is it feeling now? I have noticed more toning in my rear end by wearing these shaper shoes! I love that my feet don't hurt either!:)

Laurie, I can't wait to hear what you think of Insanity! I wanted to get it but I will let you be my guinea pig first! ;) Congrats on how well you have done with the workouts!

DS is having a play date and my help is required!:confused:

Talk later,

Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.