Bryan Kest's 1995 Power Yoga Series Now Available on DVD

Soosan

Cathlete
I just got an e-mail saying this series is now available for purchase on DVD. The DVD contains all three workouts (Energize, Tone and Sweat) and is $16.25. They will start shipping on 11 May.

I don't love Bryan's personality but these practices are wonderful!

Our own CardioHo lent me one of these workout videos and I previewed it a few weeks ago; I didn't know if I watching yoga or foreplay.

Sooooooooooooosan, did your e-mail tell you whether or not the DVD's would be chaptered so you can scoot back and forth among various parts of each workout?

A-Jock

Hi Soosan & Aquajock!

What do you think of Bryan Krest v. Baron Baptiste? I've only tried Baron Baptiste's Hot/Power Yoga, and I really like it, but I would prefer a DVD.

Thanks so much!
Gina

RE: Bryan Kest's 1995 Power Yoga Series Now Available o...

I know what you mean about the foreplay, A-Jock. Aside from that and the possibly intimidating flexibility of some of the participants, these really are great practices. Oh, and he does yell at you from time to time. ("Now soften your face and breathe!")

I have no idea how well-chaptered the DVD is. I looked on his website as well as on Amazon and couldn't find any information about the chaptering. Maybe someone who has other DVD's of his can tell us about the chaptering on those.

Gina, Bryan and Baron have similar practices, but different personalities. I've only done Bryan's 1995 Series and Baron's "Soul of Strength" and "Power & Precision Yoga." SoS is similar to Kest's PY Series -- I like it very much and it's well-chaptered. P&P is an easier practice. It's only available on VHS. It's divided into four 15-min segments and I often use the last segment as a post-workout stretch.

One of my favorite Power Yoga practices is Eoin Finn's "Power Yoga for Happiness." There are five workouts (from the same footage) ranging from 30-80 minutes and it's very well-chaptered. It's excellent!

That is great news. I was waiting for this series to be released on dvd. There are some great reviews on the individual videos at Amazon.com and Collage.
These would be great to use in Cathe's May rotation which I plan on doing in June.

That is great news. I was waiting for this series to be released on dvd. There are some great reviews on the individual videos at Amazon.com and Collage.
These would be great to use in Cathe's May rotation which I plan on doing in June.

That is a great bargain for 3 1-hour-each-workouts! Even if you'd only like one of the 3 it would be worth the buy.
I agree, I hope the low price doesn't mean that the dvd has no chaptering on it. That is one of the reasons why I liked Eoin Finn's PYFH.

That is a great bargain for 3 1-hour-each-workouts! Even if you'd only like one of the 3 it would be worth the buy.
I agree, I hope the low price doesn't mean that the dvd has no chaptering on it. That is one of the reasons why I liked Eoin Finn's PYFH.

I agree! The three workouts are very similar, though, with slightly different emphases and levels in each one. The lunge sequence in Vol. 2 is excellent. I particularly like the way he holds the poses for a long time in this series.

I agree! The three workouts are very similar, though, with slightly different emphases and levels in each one. The lunge sequence in Vol. 2 is excellent. I particularly like the way he holds the poses for a long time in this series.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.