Bronzed Beauties

tneah

Cathlete
After looking at pictures of you all and of Cathe and her crew, I wonder how you all stay so tan?
Is it tanning beds, or the spray on kind? I hate being white, and have tried so many sprays and stuff, but nothing compares to a real tan, not good for you though...now it is obvious in some of her videos that they all sport the spray on, but the road trip pics? It looks like Cathe and the rest of you have real tans?

I believe alot of people here use self-tanning products.

For myself, I never found them to work that well for me, always streak and it seemed like around my ankles and elbows looked horrible!
I love to lay out in the sun and get a real tan, I am even guilty of using tanning beds over the spring time....I know it's dangerous and not good for you, but I can't resist a good tan. I have cut back alot, and I am faithful on keeping up w/ my Dermatoligist appts.

Take care- :)

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

I just came back from Brazil and my parents live really close to the beach and DH and I met and have many friends in a island. So once a year I go there and prety much walk arround in my bikini for a month. I wear SPF 30 but still get really tanned. And then I come back home and my color fades away:( x( and I wait until the next time! I'm thinking about those self tanning lotions...it might be a good option.

I use to tan all year round up until about two years ago. Now, I go to a day spa and get an Airbrush Tan. I LOVE it. It's only $35 for a full body and lasts anywhere from 7-10 days. There is also no streaking or leopard spots when it starts to wear off.

Self-tanners do not work for me so I am guilty of Tanning bed. I go 1-3 times a week in the late winter to early spring and we just purchased a pool 2 summers ago so I pretty much am outside with my pool and vegetable garden in summer. My grandma is always on me about tanning this is my answer Ya know I do not smoke, I do not drink, I do not do any kind of drugs, I do not swear, I eat ok and I exercise. They are soon going to be telling us breathing air is bad for you so one way or another something is not good for you I do this and it makes me feel 100% AWESOME about myself I do not overdo it so I will do this.

beth6395

"Another one that proves equipment is not necessary to get the job done" -Cathe Friedrich

I sometimes go to a tanning booth in the winter. I have not this year. I tan very easily and out running in the summer where I live I get very tan...I have used a few self tanners, but my skin does not like them much as it makes me itch...:)

I am very pale also. I worry more about wrinkles and skin cancer than a tan (I can see the sun damage from many summers of working outdoors when I was younger showing on my face - age spots at 38 :()

However, I do like to have a sunkissed glow, so I certainly do use self tanners in the summer when I have a lot of skin showing. Some of the products out there now are very mild and subtle.

My DH is very moley and his father had a cancerous mole removed a few years back. Both my DDs have his skin, so I am trying to set a good example by enforcing the sunscreen and hat habit whenever we are going to be having fun outside.

Corrie

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
is not an act but a habit.
--Aristotle

>I am very pale also. I worry more about wrinkles and skin
>cancer than a tan (I can see the sun damage from many summers
>of working outdoors when I was younger showing on my face -
>age spots at 38 :()
>
>However, I do like to have a sunkissed glow, so I certainly do
>use self tanners in the summer when I have a lot of skin
>showing. Some of the products out there now are very mild and
>subtle.
>
>My DH is very moley and his father had a cancerous mole
>removed a few years back. Both my DDs have his skin, so I am
>trying to set a good example by enforcing the sunscreen and
>hat habit whenever we are going to be having fun outside.
>
>Corrie
>
>We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore,
>is not an act but a habit.
>--Aristotle

I am 28, going to be 29 in July and I have two age spots. I also already have a ton of wrinkles under and around my eyes. All of this from worshiping the sun all those years. I refuse to ever tan again unless it is sunless. And if I go to the beach, I WILL be covering my face.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.