Brittany Spears

Sorry! She is not important enough for me to bother to find out how spell her name properly.

I feel sorry for her; it seems as if everybody has turned on her. How sad!! I makes me wonder how much of it all is really true and what is REALLY wrong with her. Something we may never know...

Sara

"Sorry! She is not important enough for me to bother to find out how spell her name properly."

LOL. I just love you, Beavs!

This isn't a matter of whether she deserves this or not, its about her children.

Are they safe being raised in a home like that? Would they be safer with the father? Its a mess all the way around but children aren't possessions to be owned. They need a nurturing environment and they aren't getting it. Its what they deserve.

You're so funny! We share the same pet peeve. I have a daughter and her name is BRITTANY, and everyone spells it Britney...drives me NUTS!

You're so funny! We share the same pet peeve. I have a daughter and her name is BRITTANY, and everyone spells it Britney...drives me NUTS!

First of all, let me apologize for hitting the post button twice the last time and making everyone read my last post two times. So sorry...didn't think it took the first time.

On BRITNEY though..(snicker)..I think the one thing that rubs me wrong is, if she weren't a celebrity, I dont think anyone would care as much about the welfare of those boys. I know of many situations that have hit the local news where people saw similar or worse situations with children going on and never intervened.

Don't get me wrong, i do not support Britney's behavior - did you all see that recent picture of her going to a store in what looked like a shirt? I don't know if she had undies on, but it's questionable considering the rear view, and her history of going out sans panties. It was bizarre! She had a shirt on and boots...and a large portion of her rear was hanging out in the back. No way she could have not known it. This leads me to belive she has some issues that she's possibly self medicating for...depression, post partum or otherwise, or bipolar, etc.

What's equally sad is like another poster said - she's been all but abandoned by everyone. The last thing she needs. The whole thing just makes me sad.;(

She's been given so many chances to take care of those kids properly. I am glad they were taken from her. She is an unfit mother if I ever saw one!!!!!

I concur with a post I read on another board (slow day, what can I say?) - it's a sad world when Kevin Federline is considered a more fit parent...

I waited all day to get this out of my system:

1. Enough Britney already, who really cares about her on a personal level? She has become the hot topic of gossip...that is all. I think there is enough going on in the world right now...don't you? (not directed at original poster...to the world in general)

2. There are plenty of Britney's in the real world. It disgusts me on a daily basis. The paper, the tv, the radio...UGH!

3. More mommies need to recognize that their children are blessings and should be treated as such. I am one of THOSE women who cannot be a mommy and it tears my heart out to see children mistreated in so many ways. I just want to scream most days...but alas I go home to my DH each night and count my blessings. Maybe if more people counted their blessings we would have less trainwrecks...just a thought.

Don't mean to sound mean - but was this ? for real??? Do you really think she deserves them?
If she can't follow rules, order, some sort of self discipline - esp. when a judge orders you - she made a choose. She would have followed simple rules.
Just my 2 cents.

I feel sorry for Britney. It seems clear to me that she is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Unfortunately there is very little sympathy from the general public when it comes to mental illness, and it is not possible to "force" a person to get help. I hope that one day she is able to get herself together again.

I think one of the reasons we are all fascinated with Britney is because she came from such a great place (emotionally...so we thought) and has fallen downhill so fast and so hard. I know it sounds pathetic that so many are obsessed with such a ridiculous, meaningless celebrity, but hey--it's the same thing as being obsessed with Cathe, or your favorite book or movie or politician or poem. People latch on to things that don't make sense to others. I, for one, grew up with Britney. We are the same age and I idolized her with everything I had. She seemed happy, healthy, successful, beautiful, strong, talented, and lucky. I could only dream of being her.

It's important not to criticize others for their fascinations or interests. Yes, some can not be bothered with Britney and that's fine. I am merely interested because I enjoy reading up on celebrity gossip. Yes, that may seem trivial and ridiculous to some, but it's basically a hobby. I feel sorry for Britney and everything she's going through. I don't know her. I've never met, seen, spoken to or been near her, yet being the celebrity that she is, I feel like I know her. There are millions of other children and mothers like her, but the media focuses on her because she has made a living being in the public eye.

I guess this post makes no sense. I'm in NO WAY trying to defend Britney. I think she's a sorry excuse for a Mother and a human being. Maybe I'm just trying to justify to myself why I am actually interested in her personal life.

> It's important not to criticize others for their fascinations
>or interests. Yes, some can not be bothered with Britney and
>that's fine. I am merely interested because I enjoy reading up
>on celebrity gossip. Yes, that may seem trivial and ridiculous
>to some, but it's basically a hobby. >

ITA Allison! Every one has different interests and that is what makes us unique and interesting to each other. As long as we do no harm I think we should all just live and let live. :)

Thanks, Pippa. As I was reading my post I began to think how crazy and stupid it sounded. Thanks for letting me know that it wasn't total rambling! :)

I just don't care for gossip period. I know of too many people who have been hurt by it. Most of that celebrity gossip you read about isn't true anyway. I just always thought of it as a waste of time because of that. I'd rather read a good book.

>I just don't care for gossip period. I know of too many
>people who have been hurt by it. Most of that celebrity gossip
>you read about isn't true anyway. I just always thought of it
>as a waste of time because of that. I'd rather read a good
>book.

I totally agree...gossiping about people you actually know serves no purpose but to hurt. However, I don't think Britney is really thinking about what anyone here is saying about her:) Plus, people that choose to be in the limelight have to pay the price for that choice...more people are interested in what you are doing. If they don't want that level of attention then they should pick different careers.

I certainly don't follow celebrity gossip that closely(I'm more of a reader myself) but I also have no issue with anyone who does find it interesting. Different strokes for different folks.

They should have been taken away looong ago; what's not fair is the FATHER not having custody of them when Britney was clearly not the better option- THAT'S not fair... I think someone needs to get Britney a dog.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.