BRITISH PASSPORT

annie2867

Cathlete
Anyone done this lately? I downloaded a form and it says to send it to England. The last time I did this they renewed it in Washington DC.

Thanks.

My husband and I are both British citizens. He just last week renewed his passport and did it via Washington. Carefully read those forms again. Did you download the correct forms? If it's telling you to send the application to the UK, you may have downloaded an incorrect set of forms. Check the website again. You don't have to send it to the UK.

Clare

Rules have been tightened up on passport renewal in the UK. Photographs must look suitably grim, hair of face and ears must be showing. New passports are chip coded. From January 2008 all UK citizens applying for a first passport are to be interviewed. From this date all renewals require fingerprinting. That is what they state at present. I recently renewed mine and you have to be precise espically with the photographs.

You can access all the new info via the embassy website. READ it all carefully as all the info is there. If you are a new applicant you have to observe what they state on the website. DO NOT SKIM but read it fully.
www.britainusa.com

How can it be that you are a new British citizen? You are an adult and living in the US. How does that work exactly?

Re: renewal of passport. My husband paid $250 and sent the application to the Washington address on the website.

Why shouldn't the British government insist on finger printing? I have to face the ignimony of this EVERY TIME I ENTER THE US on my British passport. Seems like it's part of the new global security.

Finger printing is NOT REQUIRED for renewal of passport.

Clare

UK goverment is planning to introduce a national I.D. card similar to other EEC countries. Its a pet labour goverment project to be seen tightening up on security. THEY ARE PROPOSING to fingerprint UK first applications or renewals from next year. WHEN AND IF THEY ROLL they roll the I.D. card scheme. The national papers EG The Times etc. have advised UK citizens to renew passports if they are close to expiring as some countries require 6 months left on your passport to gain entry. As mine was close to expiring I renewed it.
The advice the UK public have been given is that when then bring out a National I.D. card to bring us into line with other EEC states is that the choice will be no I.D card no passport. This is what they are planning for the future and may not MATERIALISE. As I stated it is only A GOVERMENT PROPOSAL FOR UK RESIDENTS.
Dual nationality is common down under. If you have UK/EEC parentage the majority have dual nationality. The rules are on the websites, takes a bit of research but its all there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.