Breast augmentation

Sorry, I disagree. The cup size remains the same. The only thing that changes is the band width and the letter behind the number.

No, I was stating what you said about the cup size going up as the band width goes down. That is not my opinion, but then I went back and read were u said that the cup size actually stays the same. But anyways I still believe that a DD cup size is too big for the majority of small and petite women. Again this is my opinion if anyone wants DD or DDD breast have at it! I am only posting to the original poster who was thinking about getting breast implants which she only wants a C cup which is a good size if she is small and petite. And yes DD implants look very different from C cup implants I can tell the difference! Anyways everyone have a goodnight! I enjoyed the debate!

This is my first posting.

I had breast augmentation 6-7 years ago. I am 48. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people on a website and made the decision to go ahead with it. I have had my weight go up and down, but no matter the weight I have broad shoulders, a large ribcage and a wide back. Very manly looking to me. I could not get a lot of shirts to fit me because I was an A cup and at least a large or size 14 top to go across the back. Tops would hang on the front.
I am currently a 14 on top and about a 6-8 on the bottom. Lost 40 pounds in the last couple years. Was wearing a 42-44C and then got measured. Found out I was a 40D. Wow! The bra finally fit me. After losing weight, I have now gone to a 36DD. I think they could be a bit smaller however, my family and friends think they look great.
I had no complications, was able to workout a month later without any problem. Shirts now fit back and front. Will probably decrease slightly when it comes time to replace.
I have never regretted my decision.

Angie

Wow I did not realize that this will be so controversial:-{ thanks for the input & comments. I would definitely do my homework & check out that link/forum.

Sorry, I disagree. The cup size remains the same. The only thing that changes is the band width and the letter behind the number.

You are indeed correct. I am able to wear either a 32 D or a 34 C. (32Ds are hard to find!!)
The cup size is the same. The band width is different.

I think that some people that feel negative about breast implants is due to the fact that so many women get them too large and for the attention of the opposite sex. I don't think that anything is wrong with getting them if you get a normal size like a C cup. I have problem with women that go from an A to a DD. Why would u want a DD? If you ask these women they say that they got them that big for themselves and not for attention from males but that is clearly not true. If a person gets DD breast they clearly are desperate for attention. This type of attention is not good. The men that these women will attract will only want one thing and will treat them like a sex object. No one should be wanted to be treated like a sex object. So if a woman chooses to get breast implants I would say stay with a C cup so that you will get treated with respect and dignity.

As I've stated before on this forum, I am against cosmetic surgery in almost all cases. Just my opinion and I will stay out of the discussion. But I had to call you out on this- I used to wear a JJ44 bra size. Now I wear an H32. At no time have I been considered to be abnormal, or nothing but a sex object and if I have not been treated with respect or dignity, it wasn't because of my bra size. And no, I don't have implants.

Do you realize cup size is relative to your band size? A 36 D is the exact cup size to a 34 DD and a 32 DDD. This is why so many women wear the wrong bra....too hung up on cup size.
Also, a natural size D is larger in appearance compared to a implanted DD cup (with same band width).

Not in European sizing. If you go with great bras from Europe, the cup size is not related to the band width. I recommend Freya.

I am currently a 14 on top and about a 6-8 on the bottom. Lost 40 pounds in the last couple years. Was wearing a 42-44C and then got measured. Found out I was a 40D. Wow! The bra finally fit me. After losing weight, I have now gone to a 36DD.

So your band size went down and your cup size went up after losing weight. ;):)

You are indeed correct. I am able to wear either a 32 D or a 34 C. (32Ds are hard to find!!)
The cup size is the same. The band width is different.

I've tested it myself after I discovered this secret about cup sizes....It is true!

Okay sorry folks... I have to laugh!

These breast augmentation threads always go haywire. It's hilarious to read. This one has gone from whether you should have augmentation or not, to reasons why you should and reasons why you shouldn't, to cup size and band width, to the quality of bras depending on where you live.

Only in message board land on the internet! :p

Not sure why you would want to implant to a DD. I am a natural DD and I am only 5' tall. I look always ~10 pounds heavier than I am because of the girls. I have back and neck issues from slouching to hide them when I was younger. My 18 year old is a GG and I am paying for her reduction because the poor child is in constant pain.

This is so true. I am also a natural D and could not imagine being a DD. I have a hard enough time finding tops to fit properly now!

Yes when my band size went down my cup size went up. From trying on bras and what I was told doing it everyone should try 2 different band sizes and 2 different cup sizes. So if you think you are a 34B a 32 C may fit your shape better, etc. Smoother fit for bras that are not padded.

angolson said:
This is my first posting.

I had breast augmentation 6-7 years ago. I am 48. I did a lot of research and talked to a lot of people on a website and made the decision to go ahead with it. I have had my weight go up and down, but no matter the weight I have broad shoulders, a large ribcage and a wide back. Very manly looking to me. I could not get a lot of shirts to fit me because I was an A cup and at least a large or size 14 top to go across the back. Tops would hang on the front.
I am currently a 14 on top and about a 6-8 on the bottom. Lost 40 pounds in the last couple years. Was wearing a 42-44C and then got measured. Found out I was a 40D. Wow! The bra finally fit me. After losing weight, I have now gone to a 36DD. I think they could be a bit smaller however, my family and friends think they look great.
I had no complications, was able to workout a month later without any problem. Shirts now fit back and front. Will probably decrease slightly when it comes time to replace.
I have never regretted my decision.

Angie

Hi there - I just wanted to say that your situation (pre-augmentation) sounds a lot like mine: broad shoulders/back/rib cage and flat chest. Plus, I spent my childhood and teenage/young adult years being borderline overweight, and the combination of all those factors resulted in a very disproportionate figure (it always seemed to me). I did not feel feminine at all! Once I turned 20, I had to accept the fact that I was finished growing (Ha! Can you finish something you never started?), and I finally considered implants. I hated the idea of something "artificial" in my body, but the desire to correct the problem won out in the end. I don't expect everyone to agree on that point, but to me it was more of a corrective surgery than a cosmetic enhancement.

So, I have had my implants (saline and above the muscle, for anyone who cares) for about 9 years now and don't regret it a bit. I think getting them helped me realize that I could take control and improve myself, which in turn led to my long-standing exercise and fitness obsession (I'm here, aren't I??). Before, I felt like a lost cause...completely hopeless and unattractive. I don't want to sound like a walking advertisement for cosmetic surgery, but I'm 30 now, in the best shape of my life, and I fully intend to keep improving as I get older. :)

JeanneMarie said:
Okay sorry folks... I have to laugh!

These breast augmentation threads always go haywire. It's hilarious to read. This one has gone from whether you should have augmentation or not, to reasons why you should and reasons why you shouldn't, to cup size and band width, to the quality of bras depending on where you live.

Only in message board land on the internet! :p

It's true! I had to laugh as well!

As long as we're talking breast augmentation: something I've wondered:

If you have to have implants replaced every 10-15 years or so (because they break down?), what happens when you hit 70 and you need them replaced?

Do you go ahead with the surgery (is replacement surgery as 'major' as the original implant?) and set yourself up for having to go through surgery again at 80-85, when it's more dangerous?

Or do you decide to not replace them once they are taken out?

As long as we're talking breast augmentation: something I've wondered:

If you have to have implants replaced every 10-15 years or so (because they break down?), what happens when you hit 70 and you need them replaced?

Do you go ahead with the surgery (is replacement surgery as 'major' as the original implant?) and set yourself up for having to go through surgery again at 80-85, when it's more dangerous?

Or do you decide to not replace them once they are taken out?

I have them and I imagine at some point when I am older and the time comes that I would need them replaced, that I will opt out of it and just have them removed. It is not required that they be replaced every 10-15 years. That was just the average 'life span' of an implant back when I was researching the procedure about 8 years ago maybe. By now it could be longer. IDK but I do know that lots of women have the same implants for 20+ years. HTH. :)

Along with the line of questioning when you get older. What do you do about mammograms?

I haven't had one done as of yet but when I was researching all of this it said that a mammogram will take a bit longer then someone without implants because they take pictures from a few additional angles.

I've toyed with having it done, but I have a rather checkered medical history. Procedures just seem to lead to complications with me - bad karma, I guess:confused: Anyway, I think I'm leaning towards it, and then I get concerned with the breast cancer risk. My mother is a breast cancer survivor so I know I'm at risk. Would getting implants either predispose you to cancer d/t something "foreign" being there? Also, do the implants make detection more difficult via self exam or mammograms?

I wouldn't want vanity to short change my life span!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.