Brazilian Butt Lift or Tonique?

js70

Cathlete
For those of you who have done these 2 workouts, what do you think? Do they give good results if you'd like slimmer legs? How hard are the workouts?
Thank you.

Jera

I have both programs and can't say a lot about BBL. I did a few of the workouts once.:eek: I like Leandro, but I haven't been motivated to reach for it.
I reach for Tonique a lot. ;)They are some killer lower body workouts with an intense cardio factor....and I do mean killer!:eek: I been using them with Cathe's upper body, kickboxing, step, and some of her circuit style workouts

I have and use both Tonique and BBL, though now I use Tonique more often. My favorite of the BBL DVDs is High and Tight. If you use ankle weights and a heavier band you will get a really good lower body workout. I also like Leandro as an instructor. Tonique has some killer lunge and squat sequences.The Tonique Mat DVD is a killer and tough . If you goal is slimmer legs, I would go withTonique.Tonique is also more cost effective then BBL. The chapters in Tonique allows you to do just the portions that you want. I achieved better results with Tonique than BBL.

Last edited:
They are both awesome but I think Tonique is tougher and more targeted towards the overall legs, hips and buns where BBL is definitely more geared for the buns and hips.

BBL is also more of a core workout if done as a system. Even the cardio workout, Cardio Axe, works my core really well if I focus on moving my hips. I only have Tonique 1, but it has more of a dread factor than BBL which has no dread factor at all, except for the ab workout which has a really hard plank sequence.

FWIW Cardio Axe is the one BBL work out that I do NOT like. I can't do all that hip shakey dance move stuff. Not coordinated enough. I have a hard time doing the accordian in combination with the side to side stepping in one of the other work outs and forget about the arm movements! :eek::D:p

For those of you who have done these 2 workouts, what do you think? Do they give good results if you'd like slimmer legs? How hard are the workouts?
Thank you.

Jera

I have all 3 Toniques & BBL. The Tonique ones are harder than the comparable ones in BBL. Be careful what you wish for though: Tonique 1 has roughly 500 squats & 500 lunges (per leg). :eek: That's not a typo either....:p

I have all 3 Toniques & BBL. The Tonique ones are harder than the comparable ones in BBL. Be careful what you wish for though: Tonique 1 has roughly 500 squats & 500 lunges (per leg). :eek: That's not a typo either....:p

ITA.Tonique is MUCH harder :)

WHOA! What I wanna know is who counted!?!? :p

WHOA! What I wanna know is who counted!?!? :p

Someone on the VF actually counted!:eek::cool:

I've been alternating squat and lunge segments from Tonique 1 everyday (tack it onto full upper body or cardio workout), mat twice a week, and Tonique 2.1 in it's entirety once a week.:eek::eek::eek:
The mat workout is a killer too! My thighs are sore at the very top close to my hips (hip flexors?).
I sweat like crazy, like Insanity crazy!:cool:

Someone on the VF actually counted!:eek::cool:

I've been alternating squat and lunge segments from Tonique 1 everyday (tack it onto full upper body or cardio workout), mat twice a week, and Tonique 2.1 in it's entirety once a week.:eek::eek::eek:
The mat workout is a killer too! My thighs are sore at the very top close to my hips (hip flexors?).
I sweat like crazy, like Insanity crazy!:cool:

That's awesome Cynthia! I was alternating the different Tonique segments into my work outs every day for a while too. Right now I am not doing it every day b/c it got too crazy while trying to do 1RM's for STS plus cardio, etc. but I try to do it every other day. During Meso 1 of STS I plan to keep doing Tonique w/o per week along with STS legs. :eek:

Thank you so much everyone. Hmmm...I'm thinking of buying Tonique now. I have too many exercise tapes, and not too much time. It's like an addiction. I want Turbo Fire and now I also want Tonique. What's wrong with me.:(

Thanks again,
Jera

Thank you so much everyone. Hmmm...I'm thinking of buying Tonique now. I have too many exercise tapes, and not too much time. It's like an addiction. I want Turbo Fire and now I also want Tonique. What's wrong with me.:(

Join the club!!! :D:DI'm buying Turbo Fire too!

I have BBL and loved it at first, but never saw any results after about a month. I am in Cathe mode totally now and reached for Butts and Guts last night (did the leg blast premix). Oh.my.goodness. Am feeling it today!!! It's the best butt/leg workout out there! This Tonique sounds intriguing though... Darn it, you enablers!!! :p

Which of the Tonique do you all like the most. I think I should buy one at the time. Like I said, I really want Turbo Fire as well, so I should save some $$ for now.

Where do you order Tonique? Is it at Sylwia's website?

Jera

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.