Bracing myself!

pjlippert

Cathlete
Oh boy, today is the Back to School Ice Cream Social. The kids go back to school tomorrow. As my son and I were reading his welcome to 2nd grade post-card from his new teacher, I could barely get through it without choking up!!! :(

I'll be lucky to make it out of the parking lot without crying after I drop him off tomorrow morning!! It's always such mixed emotions both happy and sort of sad.... oh great, I'm tearing up again! :rolleyes:

Wish me luck on the waterworks control! :cool:

Pam

Awwww...just hang in there! You'll have your little one back in your arms before you know it.
Wow, school starts early where you are. In MA, we still have another month or so.
Lorrie

Good luck!! I am right there with you! My kids are only 3 and I cry every time they grow out of their clothes...ahhhhhhh!

Good luck to you - schedule a good workout or get your nails done on his first day.

Thanks, gals! I survived the Ice Cream Social no problem because it was really hectic this year for some reason! I think it was because instead of bringing in the usual WalMart ice-cream, the new Gelato place in town provided it- the line was out the door!! :p:p and it was sooo worth the wait! :D

Tomorrow will be a different situation all together I know I'll cry in the parking lot!! It's funny you said to schedule something pamper-ish, because I am getting my hair done tomorrow- roots, highlights- ahhhhhh!! I'm soooo ready! :D:D

Happy Wednesday!

Pam

I survived!!!

No problem actually! I did choke up when I said, "get your backpack you big 2nd grader!! I teared up a bit. But my DS was sooo excited to go to school that it made it a lot eaiser. Tough on Mom since he woke up when it was still dark and wanted to get ready for school!! He fell back to sleep! Phew!!
:D
As for the other person who has multiples. I can't give you advice on that specifically, but for my son, I have everything done the night before. Lunch made, back-pack ready, clothes laid out. Then again, he's a boy so he doesn't care what he wears. That is why God gave me a boy I'm sure. I wouldn't do well with multiple wardrobe changes & such! :rolleyes:

Yeahhhh for school!! It was sooo funny, because ALL of the Mom's I ran into were saying the same thing!! Woohooo! School's back in session!! Very happy walkers this morning!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.