BOWFLEX SELECT TECH DB..ANYONE

erin1621

Cathlete
SO I AM CONCSIDERING BUYING THESE. ANYONE HAVE THEM AND WOULD LIKE TO TELL ME PRO AND CONS? I HAVE DB FROM 3-20LBS RIGHT NOW AND NEED TO GO UP TO 25 REALLY SOON AND DONT HAVE THE SPACE!

I have these and am actually considering selling them. The only pro is the space saving design. The major cons are that they are bulky, long, and the handle is too big. I am pretty small at only 5' tall and have really small hands. If you are taller and have larger hands you might not have the same issues I have. Also, they are not really meant for exercises in which you hold the dumbbell on the sides rather than on the handle (like pullovers). I had problems were when I tried this the dials moved and then the weights fell off the handle.

Hope that helps.

I'm interested in people's response also. I keep going back and forth, I can't decide. They are such a good price right now it's hard to pass up. But if they are that awkward to use, then I don't know. Decisions decisions!

I also have them & I love them :D. The only disadvantage I have found is sometimes they are a bit bulky. For example with a hammer curl on stab ball with a twist I would prefer that increment in a single weight. Aside from that it is one of those purchases where money was well spent IMO.

I've never used them, but I have purchased 2 sets for my sons. My youngest uses them in his college apartment, and my oldest just bought a new home and needed space saving workout equipment(this will be his Christmas gift). I asked my youngest what he thought of them before I invested in a second set and he said the are fantastic. He loves his 552 set.

Something you may want to try, either Dicks or Sears carries theses (can't recall which place for sure) but go & try them out. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.