Botox question

ckanuckel

Cathlete
I've been wanting to get botox and have been doing a lot of research on it and am troubled by some things I've read. Some have said they've gotten anxiety, depression, bad headache lasting days to weeks and just an all over general feeling of blah. Has anyone experienced this? It's totally not worth it to me if I'll feel that way. I already am an anxious person anyway so certainly don't need to add to it

You really need to talk to your dr about these issues...I had it and had no side affects....(I too had asked the same questions to my dr) any reputable dr will have a consult with you before any procedure to be sure you are 100% comfortable with your decision...I did not regret having botox injected for terrible forehead lines...(they were so deep they looked like a bad scar),...good luck and never be afraid to ask a dr questions....!

I've been wanting to get botox and have been doing a lot of research on it and am troubled by some things I've read. Some have said they've gotten anxiety, depression, bad headache lasting days to weeks and just an all over general feeling of blah. Has anyone experienced this? It's totally not worth it to me if I'll feel that way. I already am an anxious person anyway so certainly don't need to add to it

Who said that??????? It makes no sense! Botox goes maybe one millimeter into the muscle on your face. It doesn't get into your bloodstream or system or anything like that. I've been getting it for at least a decade w/no side effects whatsoever, nor have I ever heard of anyone having those side effects.

Whomever said that has other issues, not botox.

There are all kinds of forums online with many people having these effects. All you have to do is google "botox side effects" and it's all there

I just checked WebMD. According to them, these side effects were reported THE DAY OF the treatment. So I can understand how someone who might be afraid of needles or stresses over this stuff would have these side effects, since they're the classic side effects of stress. Like I said, other issues.

I couldn't find anything at all about long term side effects.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.