BOSU

1dani1

Dear Cathe,
I was wondering if you've heard anything about the Bosu. Have you personally tried it yet? Any chance it will be used in any upcoming videos? Personally, I think it looks like a lot of fun.

Your Loyal Fan,
Danielle A.

Thanks Deborah!
I personally love to add new equipment to my workout. I get bored so easy - it's what keeps me motivated. My opinion is, if instructors start making the videos, people won't be afraid to invest in a bosu. With Cathe's loyal following, I think it would be a hit. I'm all for it!!!

I haven't a clue as to what kind of exercise BOSU is ... could you explain just a little please ? thanks Rhonda :9

>I haven't a clue as to what kind of exercise BOSU is ...
>could you explain just a little please ? thanks Rhonda :9

Hi Rhonda,
I've never actually used one, but I'll tell you what I've read. BOSU stands for "both sides up". It's basically 1/2 of an exercise ball mounted on a round platform. You can use both sides of it, depending on the exercise. It's used mainly for balance and stabilization. It seems like you can use it with a step workout in place of a step, making it lower impact since your step is cushioned; but I think this would have to be at a slower pace than normal. You can also do push-ups on it and use it for core training.
Overall, I think it seems pretty cool, but since it is so new, it's at least a $100 investment, at least until the novelty wears off.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.