Bosu instead of step.

I am new to this but I would also love to see a Bosu workout done by Cathe. It is the best equipment I have ever used from stability training, abdominal work, cardio, I even use it in place of a bench for weight lifting. I use it for some of Cathe's step workouts but a workout made especially for a Bosu by her would be Great!

I love anything that makes my workouts more interesting.

I agree. I know Cathe could do an amazing workout with the bosu. Imagine the corework she could put us through with that.

Just another suggestion for the BOSU and Cathe workouts - I use mine to lift upper body weights during the portions of the workout when she is standing there, or sort of moving back and forth. Instead of just standing on the floor, I hop on the BOSU and work a little extra more using my stabilizers :)

Hi Meowracer,

That is an excellent suggestion. I just got a Bosu to try all of the suggestions. I have to say it is one of the most intense workouts I have EVER tried.

I have attempted it for cardio and lifting weights. I have not been able to get through a complete cardio routine yet.

Would love to see Bosu Cathe style.

All of these suggestions are great. I will have to try it during weightlifting.

Has anyone seen the Bosu used in any of the STS workouts posted.

This is a GREAT idea. I have had that BOSU forever and the only BOSU workout I have is the really lame dvd that came with it. I don't feel I can trust myself enough to use a BOSU INSTEAD of a step without specific guidance and instruction. I envision twisted ankles and a bloody nose. Someone needs to help me get some use out of that expensive piece of equipment and I would love it to be Cathe.

SirenSongWoman, I have two good Bosu workouts by others (and there's a new one coming this fall), not sure if I should post them here so I'll post their names in the Open Discussion for you.

I would LOVE to buy a Boso workout from Cathe, too, if she ever comes out with one! I have tried some of Abbygail's suggestions to modify Cathe's workout for the Bosu....the high step routines work well.

Edited to add bosu post:
http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=513046

Hi,

Reading about the Bosu intrigued me and I bought one. I tried doing Step Max on it last night, but I admit I stopped halfway through and switched back to a step. I felt very unbalanced trying to do basics and other step moves on the Bosu, and I felt like maybe I would hurt my ankles. The Bosu didn't feel right and stable to me.

Did using the Bosu come easy to you or did you work up to it? I'm considering returning it, but I'm not sure. I loved the concept of it, but when I moved back to the step, I liked that more, I think.

Thanks for your thoughts,
Dawn

SirenSongWoman,

You won’t twist your ankles if you start slow. Inflate your Bosu more. If it is too soft then it is more unstable. As you advance and your ankles become stronger you can soften it. Use it for any portion of your workouts and then just switch back to the solid step. As you get tired you really have to focus more as that is when you may injure yourself. So just try it for the beginning of your workouts when you’re fresh. I am using workouts made for the trampoline on my Bosu (and sometimes don’t even get off of it) so I know you can do it. YOU WILL GET THE BEST BURN OF YOUR LIFE! There is so much more you can do on it but you must start slow.

Momto5boys,

I have looked everywhere for your post on the new upcoming (fall) Bosu workout. I cannot find it anywhere. I am always looking for new workouts to use on my Bosu and REALLY WISH CATHE WOULD MAKE ONE! How did you hear of the new upcoming Bosu workout? Is it a cardio workout?

Dawn,

No the Bosu did not come easy to me nor to most people who start using it. Your ankles will strengthen. If you inflate the Bosu more it also make is a little more stable when you are learning to use it. EVERYTHING you do on the Bosu is 2 to 3 times harder than a flat stable surface. Your balance and coordination immensely improve with regular use though. Do not give up. Use it for as long as you can and then switch to the solid step again during your workouts. Also try using it for some of the squatting sequences and in place of the high step. The balance challenge will kick in more of you leg muscles and it is a great alternative that will aid in strengthening your ankles. GOOD LUCK!

Abbygail

I used the bosu this morning to do Crunch fat Blaster with Kendall Hogan a workout which had become too easy for me on the step. It really took the workout to a whole new level and was so much fun. Can't wait to try another one.

Last edited:
Great suggestion for BOSU workouts! I just did Lo Max on the BOSU this a.m. and my legs are like Jello! I especially felt it in the inner thighs. Great way to change things up. Am looking forward to trying other Cathe step w/o's on the BOSU.:cool:

DiannaP,

I know it is great having an alternate way to maximize any workout. It’s great you were able to do Cathe’s moves on the Bosu. I think that hers are the hardest to customize to the Bosu. But once you do “What an “Advanced to the MAX” Workout, any of them become. Have you done any of Cathe’s other workouts on the Bosu?

Abbygail

P.S. I am not receiving e-mails to the forums I previously signed up for on the old site. Anyone else having this problem?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.