Boss Bands-Overhead Tricep ext. modification

aqua girl

Cathlete
Does anyone else struggle with the overhead ext. with the fabric long band? I swear, I can do
The first ones okay, but when the halfway sequence starts, I am a goner....I just can't do them
Without quivering.....so, I happened to be watching some of the Lean & Mean dvd that came
With the FitTower and in that workout she does a one arm overhead tricep ext. using the
Regular long flat band. She takes the band in her right hand and lifts overhead and swings the band around back. Then you grab the band with your left hand behind you about mid-back and secure with your left hand, and lower your hand with the band in it till about your
Butt.and then do the overhead tri ext. with your right arm, bending & straightening as normal.
I tried it with the fabric band and it works beautifully...I can do them this way. Yay! You can
Make it harder or easy, depending where you place your hand around back. Then just
Switch for the other side. Thought I would share, in case anyone else struggles with standing
On the band and going straight up with your arm. I can do the tricep press downs okay,
It's just those overheads that get me every time:)

I can't do the overhead body band either. I just prefer to use a regular band and do the tricep work that she does in Lite Bodyweight & Bands.

I did at first, then just started using my free hand as a guide. You can really pull then with the band anchored under your foot, seems to work pretty good for me. Love the creative use of the bands in this workout.

I struggled and could not do this exercise with the green band I think my height has something to do with it Lol! It was doable with the orange band but a little easy, I will try the modifications mentioned thanks all :)

Ordered the new Boss Bands for tall folks yipppeee!!!
Can't wait to try the boss bands workout again with these new longer bands so excited:) Also ordered the new orange barbell pad and I'm looking forward to trying it for hip thusts and my heavier squats :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.