Bootcamp Rotation

britgirl

Cathlete
Hi Cathe!!!!
Just a couple questions on some of the exercises in the bootcamp rotation. First is a low pulsing hover squat the same as a sit n stand??? And what is the difference between walking lunges and alternating front lunges? When you say 400 lunges I'm assuming you mean without taking a break as this is tough stuff here!!! Just thinking if you are losing form in the middle is it ok to break and regroup? I want to do this rotation but want to make sure I know what each exercise is and how it should be performed so I can get the most out of it. Thanks can't wait to see you in August!!!!
Teresa

I would love an answer too. I am starting this rotation on Monday and am a little scared!

Cheryl

Hi! Not Cathe here, but I did this rotation in Jan 2007 and LOVED it! I gained a ton of endurance! You are talking about the fitness fiesta, yeah, that was a killer of a workout! For the low pulsing hover squat I basically did low pulse squats. The walking lunges is lunge forward with right leg, then push off and bring left leg forward into a lunge and then repeat. I made several trips through out the house to get all these accomplished. The front lunge is standing in place, lunge front with right leg - push back to standing position and then lunge forward with left leg and repeat for the set. I would say take breaks as needed. For instance, there was no way I could do all the burpees straight so I took quick breaks during these and the walking lunges (taking a few breaths when I turned around to come back the other way). Just don't break too long. The first week is great doing all the Imaxes. You'll be amazed in the last week how well you'll find you'll do in Imax 3!!!

Good luck to both of you! I'd love to hear about your progress. Hope this helps!!

Jane

Teresa,
I saw that you are trying the bootcamp rotation. I am on week two and just did the bootcamp day (where you do bootcamp twice). I can tell you that all I am is tired. I couldn't lift a toothpick right now. I think I am overdoing it. The 400 squats I especially disliked, but they are effective. Hope you are surviving. Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.