Bootcamp Plateau, need another workout please

JUJYGRL

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

I have recently switched from running 3x's per week to Bootcamp. My intention was to replace cardio for cardio. It's been 6 weeks now and my body has had an incredible response. Thank you for creating such a fantastic workout.

I am concerned that I will reached a plateau soon or just get bored doing the same routine. I also do S&H on alternate days and will be subing GS's. Any recommendatons for the Bootcamp switch? I am not a stepper. I've tried it and it's just not my thing.

~Chrissy~

Have you tried High Step Challenge from the Hardcore series? It's similar to Bootcamp in that it is segments of cardio/lower/upper/core. Eight of them, I believe. I find it equally challenging, as well.

Hi Chrissy! Yes, I echo the suggestions for High Step Challenge and High Step training Advanced. Do you have a 6 foot long medium tension Dynaband? You will need one for High Step Challenge...it makes a world of difference to the workout (in my opinion:7 )

Cathe and friends,

Thanks so much...High Step Challenge and High Step training Advanced it is. Oh, just one mention. In my research for info on anaerobic workouts I repeatedly saw comments on how important it is to take 2-3 weeks off this intense conditioning. So 6 weeks on 2 off. Bootcamp is definately intense. I am excited about the other two routines.

Thanks again!:)

~Chrissy~

Cathe, You always have to bring up those blasted bands- I just cringe when you say- go get your bands cause I know I'm gonna be hurting when your done. But at least you do it with love LOL!!!

Catherine ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.