Boot Camp!!!

kleokatra

:eek:

Okay, I did BC for the first time yesterday and I LOVED IT!!! I had read the posts about doing just BC every other day as a rotation and I can see how this would be effective. I'm pretty sore today!:) And, according to my HRM, I burned 553 calories and that was with modifications! This is one fun workout!

I do have a question about some of the side plank moves. I recently pulled up my carpet and use a mat on the hardwoods for any kind of floor work. The planks where you rest on your elbow REALLY hurt my elbow even with the mat. Am I going to have to use two or three mats to avoid this, do you think??

TIA,

Kat

Hi Kat! Yes...BC is one great workout! :7

I find that my elbow also hurts when I put my bodyweight onto it. Sometimes, it stays red an hour after doing side planks. Do you have a yoga sticky mat? Sometimes I double mine up and put it under my elbow and that makes a huge difference in comfort. Also, make sure your elbow is directly UNDER your shoulder, not spread out. Hope this helps.

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

I had the same problem with sore elbows, side planks and a single mat. I now use a regular exercise mat on top of 1 inch thick (approximately) weight lifting mats (you know, the kind you see at a gym under the weight benches). My husband put these mats in for when he uses his really heavy dumbbells. I find that they are also great as extra cushioning for any kind of floor work. I also do step and kickboxing on them; they take some of the impact out of the higher impact moves.

Shelbygirl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.