Boot Camp Cardio x 3?

pressju

Cathlete
An idea for tomorrow's workout: Boot Camp cardio only three times then Maximum Intensity Strength lower body and abs. Has anyone done this? Trying to shake things up a bit and Boot Camp is my favorite workout.

Never tried it but sounds fiendishly delicious. I may have to give that a whirl soon myself.

A-Jock
Another Boot-Camp-o-phile

Somehow, A-Jock's posts often contain the words, "evil," "fiendish," "devilish," etc. This pattern seems to add suspicion to the "evil twin" theory posted in an earlier thread...

OK update as of today - did the workout this am. I am wiped out!! But clocked in Boot Camp Cardio 3 rounds, legs, abs and stretch in just over an hour. Very challenging esp that third round of Terminator climbers. Back aches a bit, so a hot bath in order tonight. But very invigorating!! Great workout! Tomorrow an upper body workout (I think ME + Power Hour Upper Body) then a 45 minute yoga tape. Then Advil, then a nap.......

>OK update as of today - did the workout this am. I am wiped
>out!! But clocked in Boot Camp Cardio 3 rounds, legs, abs and
>stretch in just over an hour. Very challenging esp that third
>round of Terminator climbers. Back aches a bit, so a hot bath
>in order tonight. But very invigorating!! Great workout!
>Tomorrow an upper body workout (I think ME + Power Hour Upper
>Body) then a 45 minute yoga tape. Then Advil, then a
>nap.......

Is this a premix on the BC or did you just go through one round and repeat 2 more times? I think this would be a great pre-Thanksgiving workout!

Angela

>>OK update as of today - did the workout this am. I am
>wiped
>>out!! But clocked in Boot Camp Cardio 3 rounds, legs, abs
>and
>>stretch in just over an hour. Very challenging esp that
>third
>>round of Terminator climbers. Back aches a bit, so a hot
>bath
>>in order tonight. But very invigorating!! Great workout!
>>Tomorrow an upper body workout (I think ME + Power Hour
>Upper
>>Body) then a 45 minute yoga tape. Then Advil, then a
>>nap.......
>
>Is this a premix on the BC or did you just go through one
>round and repeat 2 more times? I think this would be a great
>pre-Thanksgiving workout!
>
>Angela

Not a pre mix - a me-mix! Repeated cardio three times (on first one did the warm up) then ran lower body only - skipped the warm up and did the legs and abs. It was a good one. Take care.

Good grief, how do you guys do that?? Three times seems overkill to me....especially if you expect to go at all heavy with the legs at the end. I really don't know how your legs have any oomph at all left!! LOL!!

Janice,
To me by the time I am done with something like that my legs are so loose and limber it is so much easier to go heavy with the weights.
Diane Sue

I have to agree with Diane Sue.

In fact I have recently discovered that I play much better tennis if I do a cardio workout before hand. The cardio seems to really warm up my muscles effectively. At least it seems that way.
Judy

AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

WD.......Yeah, I will agree with that. I do agree that that would FEEL better to me (being really limber) but I still think with that much plyo work beforehand you would really end up suffering on the weight segments. Atleast I would make that weight workout endurance, not strength. You shouldn't expect to have all your strength after three rounds of BC cardio, should you? Yikes!! You go girls!!!

Hey, if you can do it, you certainly know you are in shape!!!:)

Now here is where it would be the opposite for me. I could not do all of those plyos after I finished a tough weight workout,especially endurance type, lower body. Now are we talking upper body or lower? Upper is a whole different story. I could do this one either way.
Diane Sue

hi fit over 40........i like doing the bootcamp cardios too. yesterday i did imax2 blast premix.......thats a killer!!

Hey WD.......

No, I mean I couldn't do EITHER!!LOL!! My legs would cease to function whether BC cardio was before or after! I could only do BC cardio three times (if I made that) and then upper body! I know, I am a weanie. Got BC on the schedule for tomorrow though.....:)

>I tried this today and LOVED IT! Thanks for suggesting it!
>:)
>
>Jo

Most welcome! Something different to shake us up a bit. And shake is just what my legs were doing all day after this one! LOL

>hi fit over 40........i like doing the bootcamp cardios too.
>yesterday i did imax2 blast premix.......thats a killer!!
>

Yep I agree!!!! Last week I did IMAX2 step aerobics first then the blast then abs then done. Felt it in my lower back actually. But a few Advil and a bath cured it. This Cathe is just a sadist! Love her!

Now if you're talking doing the IMAX2 blast pre mix 3 times, well we're entering a whole other zone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.