Book

spman

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-01 AT 01:48PM (Est)[/font][p][font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Feb-01-01 AT 01:48 PM (Est)[/font]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and desperately tring to find a copy of James Clapp's book "Exercising Through Your Pregancy". Does anyone have any thoughts on how I might find a copy ?

Thanks,
Linda

RE: Look here. :)

Thanks for the information. Unforunately I look at all the sources listed in that thread, and still have not been able to locate it.Guess I'll just keep looking.

Thanks,
Linda

I have tried to get this book, too and have had no success. I did get some information from Saracity (I think that was where I got the info) that the book is out of print. The good news is the author is updating the book! There is a thread somewhere in this formum about the book you might want to check out.

Also, try your local library. I was able to borrow the book from a friend, but I sure would love to have my own copy! Good luck!

Thanks! The library was the first placed I looked and they didn't have James Clapp's book or "Expecting Fitness". So I have ordered "Expecting Fitness" and it should be in next week. It's great that James Clapp is updating his book, but I wonder when it will come out ???

Linda

Hello everyone,

With all the talk about Dr. Clapp's book I felt it necessary to give you the info "from the horse's mouth" so to speak. I emailed Dr. Clapp a couple of weeks ago to get the real "scoop" of what is up with his book. I indicated in my email to him that I used the book as a resource in my "Healthy Moms Perinatal Fitness Instructor Training Course" and was at a major loss as a result of not being able to have them for my trainees. He actually answered me the next day! He wrote that he is actively looking for a new publisher for his second edition, but does not have one yet. Unfortunately, he also said not to look for the new addition any time soon because "in this business things happen very slowly." Needless to say I was pretty disappointed with the news. I too have been trying to locate used copies of the original.

However, I just found a great new book written by an OB, a personal trainer and a physical therapist. It is called "FIT TO DELIVER." Go check out their website, www.fittodeliver.com. You can order the book right off their site. I did and it came in 3 days! There are great pictures in there. Needless to say, I am impressed with this new resource for us.

Take care everyone!

Sheila

Thanks Sheila for the information, I will definitely check out "Fit to Deliver". I just want to make sure I do everything I can during my pregnancy to maintain my fitness, and do it right at the same time.

Thanks Again !!!

Linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.