Book Series??

Stacy

Cathlete
I'm looking for a good book series, preferably mystery, but anything would be okay. I like series that are better if you read them in order if possible.

I've already read:
-Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum Series
-Steven James The Pawn, etc
-William Kent Krueger's Cork O'Conner series

Any good ones out there to suggest?? (I'm not big on science fiction or anything too "classic" ie. Mark Twain etc)

Thanks!!

My favorites are:

Sue Grafton - Kinsey Millhone Series - This is her alphabet series. She has books from A - V.

Lee Child - Jack Reacher Series

John D. McDonald - Travis McGee Series - These are older books but they are fantastic.

Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch

Steig Larsson - Trilogy (Dragon Tattoo Series)

They aren't mysteries, but I LOVE Penny Vincinzi's Spoils of Time trilogy. They are sagas set in England beginning in the early 1900s during World War I and they follow a family of very strong women. It's really a great series. The books in the series are: No Angel, Something Dangerous and Into Temptation.

Very good reads! :)

I really liked the Harper Connelly series by Charlaine Harris. They fun reads like the Stephanie Plum books.

I second the suggestion of Gabaldon's Outlander series, I love it.

I also really enjoyed Sara Donati's (aka Rosina Lippi?) Wilderness series.

My favorites are:

Sue Grafton - Kinsey Millhone Series - This is her alphabet series. She has books from A - V.

Another vote for Kinsey! LOVE that series, and I love Stephanie Plum, so hopefully you'll like her too.

They aren't mysteries, but I LOVE Penny Vincinzi's Spoils of Time trilogy. They are sagas set in England beginning in the early 1900s during World War I and they follow a family of very strong women. It's really a great series. The books in the series are: No Angel, Something Dangerous and Into Temptation.

Very good reads! :)
Me Too!!! I love these. Great read.

Hi Stacy,

For some lighter mysteries that sometimes keep you guessing try the Scumble River Series by Denise Swanson. I also like the Crime of Fashion series by Ellen Byerrum and the Mystery Shopper series by Elaine Viets.

If you like food-related mysteries the Joanne Fluke series all involved something decadent(cakes, pies, cookies, cobblers, cream puffs, puddings, muffins) because the woman playing detective in each case owns a bake shop. The author includes recipes for various treats as well. Of course if you do indulge, it means more time with Cathe...what did she say earlier today...something about doing push-ups when giving in to that sweet tooth...

Happy Reading,

Twinkle Twinkle

My favorites are:

Lee Child - Jack Reacher Series

John D. McDonald - Travis McGee Series - These are older books but they are fantastic.

Michael Connelly - Harry Bosch

Steig Larsson - Trilogy (Dragon Tattoo Series)

All of the above and also the suggestion of Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar, who is the funniest of the lot.

Add Laura Lippman's Tess Monaghan series set in Baltimore, the Sherlock Holmes (updated and revised for a modern sensibility) and Mary Russell series by Laurie R. King, fabulous writer, which begins with The Beekeeper's Apprentice.

I also adore John Sandford's Lucas Davenport series, all of which have Prey in the title and the book on CD versions are better than the paperbacks because they are read by Richard Ferrone who is sublime.

Also try James Patterson's 1-10 numbered series of the women's murder club. These are good, recently tried making them into a TV series which was shite, but there you go. TV cannot do what books can.

Also, try Deborah Crombie's Duncan Kincaid and Gemma James series set in London, even though the author is Texan. She gets London brilliantly. These build on each other and must be read in order.

Enough to be getting on with!

Clare

M.C. Beaton, Agatha Raisin series. Absolutely love these.
If you do check these out I would love to know what you think.
Agatha is a scream!!!:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.