Book Recommendation: The Thirteenth Tale

TonyaK

Cathlete
Hey readers,

I have read about 1/3 of this book so far and I wish it were Saturday so I could keep reading all day! It's new and is by Diane Setterfield. It is a novel about a young woman who works in an old book shop. She is asked to write the biography of a dying fiction writer who is known to be a liar about her own life. It is mysterious and addictive. So far, I highly recommend it!

Tonya

ooo thanks Tonya!! I will check it out.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

ooo thanks Tonya!! I will check it out.

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Marie, it just came out in hardcover this month. :( One of my friends tried to get it from the library, but 21 people were already in line waiting for it! I guess it's gotten a lot of good reviews!

Tonya

Marie, it just came out in hardcover this month. :( One of my friends tried to get it from the library, but 21 people were already in line waiting for it! I guess it's gotten a lot of good reviews!

Tonya

Thanks for the recommendation Tonya! I actually have this book on hold from the library and there are something like 36 people ahead of me for it. I guess it will be awhile, but I am glad to hear it is worth the wait.

Karin

Thanks for the recommendation Tonya! I actually have this book on hold from the library and there are something like 36 people ahead of me for it. I guess it will be awhile, but I am glad to hear it is worth the wait.

Karin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.