BodyBlast Rotation or July 03 Fat Loss & Definition?

sassyella

Cathlete
anyone out there have an opinion on which of these rotations has yielded better results? i am excited because i am really making progress. i've finally, finally found the discipline to eat clean, and the pounds are just melting away. i'm starting to see definition in my arms and abs... even my butt is getting less jiggly! :) i'm feeling stronger and ready to really up the anti on burning fat and getting toned. i just had a baby last November and thanks to breastfeeding and Cathe (and some Tae Bo here and there), i've lost almost 60 pounds since the day i gave birth.

anyway, i need discipline now, because i have a bucket of workouts and no real plan. i try to do something cardio atleast 3-4 times per wk, and an upper body wkout, lower body workout and total body workout once per week. baby's sleeping more now, so mommy can finally find time for herself! :)

anyway, i have all or most of the workouts for these 2 rotations, and thought i'd ask opinions for those that have tried either or both. pls share... i really need some structure. thanks! :)

RE: BodyBlast Rotation or July 03 Fat Loss & Definition...

Hi there,

I am almost finished with the July '03 rotation and I love it! I've been promising myself to do that one for months. I'm in the third week of it and I have seen some improvements (my thighs have gotten a little smaller). I haven't done the Body Blast rotation but it's funny, I was thinking about doing that one next (so many choices right;)?) Here's an idea, and I may try this one myself...if you are still undecided on which one to do, "borrow" from each rotation. Do one week of the July'03 rotation and 1 week of the Body Blast rotation.

Hope this helps, enjoy:)

Katrina

Great idea. I may do one week of the July rotation followed by one week of TLT/Cardio/somewhat of a recovery rotation and alternate for a total of 8 weeks this summer and see what results I get. So many ideas....
Angela:)

yep katrina, it does help. i am going to try to stay as strict to this one as possible though. i think i may sub L&G for LL, and maybe switch a cardio wkout here and there, but i don't think i've ever stayed true to a rotation for the duration, so now since i'm finally eating clean and seeing results, i wanna see what happens if i buckle down and do this :) here's to summer!! :)

sass

gogigi, what's TLT?

and i finally have to ask this... although i get the gist of what it means, i never knew what it stood for -- DOMS! anyone wanna help me out?? :)

Hi sassyella,

I'm glad I was able to help. I know what you mean about sticking to a rotation. Sometimes by week two I'm like "next!" ;) (it's very easy to get bored right?) Anyway, if I may answer your question... TLT stands for "Tracy Long Training" she use to be a "Firm" cast member and lead. DOMS stands for Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness. It's when you experience soreness in your muscles after weight training. The areas of soreness vary, depending on the body part and type of exercise you were doing.

Have a good night,

Katrina

Wow!!!

Congratulations on the baby and the weight loss!!! Could you provide a sample of what you eat on a daily basis?

Thanks

Yvonne

Hi Yvonne,

Sorry it took so long to reply -- busy week.

I started following the South Beach diet plan about a month and half ago, and it really has made a difference, and helped to give me the discipline I need. There are a bunch of ways to skin a cat, in terms of eating healthy, and what works for one person might not work for another, but i truly believe that if you cut out the bad carbs (white bread, pasta, rice, sugar, etc) it will do you a world of good. The SB diet makes sense to me, and doesn't subscribe to no carbs at all, ever again, just smart ones -- whole grains, nothing enriched. You can pick up the book at Walmart pretty cheap. I recommend the cookbooks too, if you like to cook. great meal ideas and yummy recipes.

i typically have some kind of eggs, v8 juice, one slice of bacon and whole grain toast for breakfast (or on days i'm in a hurry i'll grab some multigrain cheerios and 1% or FF milk. i also make a delicious egg white omelet with fresh basil, tomatoes and a little part skim mozzarella.

lunch is usually a tuna salad with baby spinach, mushrooms and tomatoes and just a little bit of GOOD dressing. or sometimes i'll do a no carb roll up (oven roasted turkey breast and swiss cheese or i'll grab a small chili from Wendy's if i didn't have time to pack lunch. if i'm really craving a burger, i'll do a big turkey burger (sometimes with swiss cheese) on green leaf lettuce with tomato, red onion and dijon mustard. takes some getting used to, but if you really put the effort into making a good burger, you don't miss the bun.... promise :)

of course water, water water... a snack might be an apple and a piece of string cheesse.

dinner maybe a sweet potato, lean piece of meat (chix breast or lean steak) and spinach or broccoli. found a great recipe for cauliflower "potatoes" as well. satisfies my desire to have the mashed potato craving curbed. :)

the first 2 wks of the diet is a bit tough, because there are no carbs at all, but then you begin to introduce smart carbs back into your diet, and it really helps with cravings. i know this may not be the diet for everyone (i used to do WW... still find myself counting points some days... WW does definitely work, but I personally needed a bit more discipline).. anyway, it worked, and is working for me.

while i was breastfeeding, i did loose a lot of weight, and didn't really have to watch my diet too closely, but i've stopped BF now, and knew the weight could come back if i wasn't careful. i lost an additional 17 pounds since starting the diet just about 2 months ago. helps if the family sort of does it with you... thank God my husband is doing it with me... very supportive. also, it can get expensive if you have to buy/plan for 2 or 3 different meals....

hth,

sass

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.