Bloating from Hell

If I am not mistaken, Dates are like the core product on Lara Bars too ! Just some useless knowledge.

Morgs

Yup, dates are the "goo" that holds Lara Bars together. Another vote for the Lara Bar for you - they all have very minimal ingredients, and it's all real actual FOOD - no additives. I don't find them small, but they are generally all I use so it might be that's just what I'm used to. They are calorie dense, so I don't think you'll miss anything other than extra chewing. :)

I used to set my breakfast out the night before, then assemble and eat it at work. I'd grab a piece of fruit to tide me over on my commute.

Eventually though, I just started waking up earlier and eating it at home; I got really tired of people asking me "oooh what are you eating?" 2ce a day between bfast and lunch!!

Breakfast at work

meliffy,,,,,Oh my god that is SO FUNNY !! That is exactly what happens to me at work. I work with a bunch of guys who are always hungry so every time I get breakfast or heat up some oatmeal I get the typical 'peep' over the cubie wall and ,hear,,,''whatcha eatin ?? "

MSPINA, you're right about the Lara Bars !! They really are a good sorce of 'real food' I tried the Lemon one, The Peacon Pie and I think there was an apple one too. Oh,,,Thanks by the way for the Semi-Formal Advice" Think I'm going out 'cocktail style'
I'll make sure to post some pics !

Thanks again !!

can I ask how old you are? It seems some women going thru menopause have horrid bloating (I'm one of them), plus I also have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which causes bloating. It is very annoying.

I agree that the SlimFast bars sound like the culprit. I definitely recommend switching to Larabars. They may be small, but they are filling and are truly clean. I would watch out for Lunabars, as they have plenty of artificial ingredients, and I had to stop eating them because they added too much iron to my system according to my doctor.

Lucky you! I recently had the same experience (except I couldn't get my clothes on!) and had to eliminate all the dairy from my diet to feel better. Can you develop lactose intolerance in your 50s? It sure seems like I did. I miss my dairy!

Early Meno

can I ask how old you are? It seems some women going thru menopause have horrid bloating (I'm one of them), plus I also have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) which causes bloating. It is very annoying.

Hi LoraJeanne,

Just to answer your question quick here. I am only 37, so I don't think that it's early menopause. I DID ask my OBGYN about it though because believe it or not, IDO get hot flashes, and get really uncomfortable when trying to sleep some nights. BUT, I also have very regular periods too, so that's not it. I have really been researching IBS though. As limited as my diet is, and how strict I am with the foods that I eat, I REALLY have a hard time believing that I can get blaoted just from what I eat. It HAS to be something else, like you said, maybe IBS. The really annoying thing is, until I find out for sure, the process of finding the culprit could take weeks. Lately though, since I stopped taking my Adviar disk, my Zyrtec and also started eating oatmeal for breakfast with flaxseed, I have felt and looked a lot better. I really think it may either be IBS, or my meds.
Everyone is right on the breakfast bars. Some of that stuff is loaded with 'bloat' type ingredients. I have also ( after this weekend ) decided to stop dinking wine for a couple weeks to see if that's it. I only have a glass or two a few times a week, BUT that may also be a reason for the bloat. Trial and Error,,,so,,,we'll see..
Thanks for the response !!

Morgs

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.