Blender users: Anyone interested?

aqua girl

Cathlete
Over the weekend I blended six individual body part workouts from STS 1.0. (Legs, Shoulders, Biceps, triceps, chest & back). They are each 25 minute-ish. My goal was a lot of variety in each. Just wondering if anyone is interested for me to put them in the shared workouts section. I would be glad to if there is any interest…if not, that is fine….everyone has their own preferences:). Just thought I would offer…passing time until STS 2.0 is in our hands….& blender!!! :)

LOL, I'm a "blender addict" ! If you subscribe to Cathe OnDemand, you get to use the
workout blender to "blend" your own workouts for all of Cathe's workouts...All the workouts
are chaptered in the blender (hence, the reason I ask so much about chaptering :) ) so you
can choose a warmup from one workout, biceps from another, cardio from another, and so
forth.......Basically, you choose what you want to do and the order you want to do them and
time length is your option as well.....You give it a "title" and save it to your "library" Anytime
you want, you can go back into a workout and add to, delete a chapter, change order, etc.
and re-save. You can also "share" any workout you want in the "shared workouts" section
so any others that use the blender, can go into and download a shared workout into their
library. At that point, that person could choose to change anything in the workout if they
wanted and it wouldn't affect my original workout. Pretty neat, huh? I have well over 1000
blender workouts in my library...hence the reason I don't get anything else done! :) I have
had it since the beginning and can't imagine what I will come up with when the new workouts
are loaded into it. (yikes!) Hope all this makes sense!

So I think I've ignored On Demand as we've had spotty & very expensive internet in the past. We now have cable internet which is pretty reliable except for when we lose power (we live in the woods of Michigan). We don't have a smart TV in our workout area so casting isn't an option, but we could hook up a Roku ... does this work pretty good?

I just use it with my computer or ipad. You can only do "blending" using a computer( laptop,
chromebook, etc) and then I view them on my ipad with the app....but I know alot of people
use Roku, etc. I just hook up my ipad with the HDMI adapter to the tv. But you have to have some already blended to be able to view (I'm talking about the blender feature) I think
they have a tutorial somewhere showing how to use the blender and maybe how to hook up
to Roku, etc.

Thanks .. I'll look into it in more detail. It was a little PITA to hook up my older laptop to do LIVE downloads ... it's easier to just burn them to a DVD disc & pop that in. So I'm not sure about this yet. But my goodness, what options!

Yeah, and it's times like now, where something is going on with trying to log in to the OnDemand account, etc.
Someone else posted they couldn't log in and I tried and I couldn't, sounds kinda "fishy" to me. I sent an
email to CS about it. On the OnDemand thing, I think they offer some kind of free trial to try it out too.

I love the workout blender too. There is a 7-day free trial period when you subscribe to OnDemand. Subscribing to OnDemand also gives you access to all the Cathe Live workouts, although only the DVD workouts can be used in the blender. Cathe's DVD workouts are chaptered so you can select chapters across a wide range of workouts. You can do a shorter workout and add in a bonus stretch, or you can cut out or substitute exercises so you can turn an advanced workout into something more intermediate, or vice versa. Not only can you control the length of the workouts, but you can also add in rest breaks, or breaks where you may need to adjust equipment, e.g. barbells, step height. That way you can play the whole workout through without having to pause and you know exactly how long it will take. I use my laptop and connect it to my TV using the HDMI cable.

I've downloaded a number of shared workouts and do them as is and also taken shared workouts and used them as a base to create new workouts. Aqua Girl, I've already done something similar to you with STS 1.0, but mine are around 35-40 minutes.

Thanks .. I'll look into it in more detail. It was a little PITA to hook up my older laptop to do LIVE downloads ... it's easier to just burn them to a DVD disc & pop that in. So I'm not sure about this yet. But my goodness, what options!
You can also use a firestick if you have one of those. I use to use a laptop but then switched to firestick and I like using the firestick better, esp. with live, because there, you have a favorites button. Love that!!! I don't blend as much as others but I do have about 20 or so that I've blended and probably imported about 5 or so from others. I've had OnDemand and Live from day one and have loved every day of it.

I signed up for the 7day free trial On Demand today (thank you to Allison =) I also did my first workout and decided that I'm going to keep it. I have to say I had to get used to the workout pausing a bit for chapter change,but go used to it real quick. I also jumped on the Workout Blender and created my own Imax workout =) The possibilities are endless. There are some workout I'm still going to used dvds for audio options tho =) Im glad I saw the "free trial" on news letter today =)

Joining Cathe on demand and Cathe live are on my radar. Right now it’s just not in my budget because I’ve amassed quite a dvd collection over many years. Now is when the blender would come in handy for me because of my new tank top rotation and needing to pick and choose segments from different series. But for now I’m ok with doing mix and match and switching dvds.

I signed up to OnDemand for a year during the Black Friday sale. I had already been using it month to month with a break here and there. However, with the shipping issues to New Zealand my options for STS 2.0 were either buying the downloads or OnDemand. Buying the downloads doesn't include the premixes and I like the premixes. OnDemand includes the premixes and also gives access to Cathe Live and the workout blender. It also gives me access to the workouts that I don't have on DVD. When I first started with Cathe, using OnDemand wasn't possible due to slow internet. However, a few years ago our internet was improved. I still get some buffering issues with some of my blender workouts though.

Ashaw, hope you can get the blender sometime in the future, as I feel you would really love the versatility of everything you can do…I have had it since the day it came out, and have been hooked since then. Matter of fact, when we were commenting on the High Step workouts last week or so, I have since went to the blender and blended about 10 or more workouts using segments from High Step Circuit, High Step Challenge, High Step Training, Bootcamp & Muscle Endurance. :)

Ashaw, hope you can get the blender sometime in the future, as I feel you would really love the versatility of everything you can do…I have had it since the day it came out, and have been hooked since then. Matter of fact, when we were commenting on the High Step workouts last week or so, I have since went to the blender and blended about 10 or more workouts using segments from High Step Circuit, High Step Challenge, High Step Training, Bootcamp & Muscle Endurance. :)
That’s a great idea
I’m looking forward to creating a great glute workout too
If I had known how creat On Demand is I may not have ordered STS 2.0 DVDs

That sounds like a lot of fun. Create your own Cathe dream workout. Thankfully my knee hasn’t bothered me so on the complete body day in my rotation, High Step Training is in the plans for the near future. I just have too many workouts to pick from!!!!

I had known how creat On Demand is I may not have ordered STS 2.0 DVDs
I know what you mean, even though I have OnDemand, I usually always get the dvds too,
for those times when internet is down, or slower than usual.....that's my "back-up plan" :) On my dvd player, I can use the program feature to program "chapters" to play in any order I input them..... you just have to know the chapter numbers you want, etc.

I know what you mean, even though I have OnDemand, I usually always get the dvds too,
for those times when internet is down, or slower than usual.....that's my "back-up plan" :) On my dvd player, I can use the program feature to program "chapters" to play in any order I input them..... you just have to know the chapter numbers you want, etc.
Wow!!! I didn’t know that
Thank you for that information I appreciate it

Terina, the DVD player I have is a little Sony one, model is DVP SR 210P. It might be a newer model out….costs about $ 30-40.

I will look on Walmart

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.