Birth control mishap...maybe TMI

Kimenem

Cathlete
I went to take my Yasmin this morning and realized my pill for Sunday was already gone. So at some point this cycle, I took 2 in one day. I take several supplements in the AM and think I must've taken the BCP before my workout, and then again when I was finished when I took everything else. So now I don't have a pill for today. Has anyone done this? Are there any effects from it? I think you can take 2 pills at once for emergency contraception but I've never needed to do that. I don't get my cycle until next week but have already noticed soreness in the upper region more than what I have been getting. I could call my dr about it tomorrow but am really not that concerned so I was just posting here to see if anyone else has had mishaps. Thanks.

Continue taking it and you will just finish one day early. Your periods might come a bit earlier or later, but then next month, start as usual and you will get back to normal. I think it's better to miss the last day than another.... but you are ok... it's ok to kind of miss a day

it happened to me once and I called a nurse and that's what they told me and I did that.

So you will be missing one the last day, no big deal

It's been a long time since I was on the pill, but I'm pretty sure I did this once too.

If I remember correctly, the biggest concern was skipping a pill in the middle of the pack, which increased the risk of an unplanned pregnancy.

I think accidentally taking 2 pills and then finishing your pack one day early is no big deal. Doesn't hurt to ask the doc though.

As the above posters advised, keep taking them till you finish the pack and miss out the last day. According to the nurse who did my last exam, last week of the pills are just placebos anyways so you will be ok with missing the last one.

Penny

I'm not into the placebo pills yet. I'll be missing the last day which should be an actual pill day.

yes but it's fine, don't worry about it

If you want to be extra safe, you can use condoms only for the next month. And then you will get back to normal.

Doubling up won't hurt the reliability. Skipping a day will. You may have some discomfort from the extra hormones for a few days though.

As a pharmacist, I can tell you that you should be fine. :) Just continue to pick up as usual & don't skip any....you're cycle may be a day shorter is all....which you wouldn't have even noticed unless the pills had the day of the week on them!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.