Billy Blanks Bootcamp

macska

Cathlete
I've just got it and did it this morning for the first time. With the use of those bands it is one awesome workout! I have his Abs 30 min DVD and that's a killer too. Anybody else on this? Mari

I saw the infomercial and it looked like it might be a pretty intense dvd. How long is it? and how much did it cost you? Oh yeah and did you get it at a store or through the t.v.? Thanks for the information. I was considering getting it.

I ordered it on Billyblanks.com. For 59 dollars I've got 4 dvds and the bands. Bootcamp Cardio, Bootcamp Basic, BC Extreme and BC Abs. I did the "Basic Bootcamp" today, it's about 40 minutes. It's pretty hard mainly because of the bands. Those bands are awesome! I'm not much of a fan of kick boxing, but it was OK. The upperbody part is a killer. I'll preview the rest of the dvds tonight. Mari

Mari,

I am sooooo envious! I also ordered the new Bootcamp Taebo set. I am dying to get it! They said one of the extra dvds I ordered was on backorder and that was why I hadn't received anything yet. It looked so great in the infomercial! Those bands must really make it a challenge! Let us know how you like the rest of the set.

Sanchia

How are the other ones in the set??? Have you done his first bootcamps, I think bootcamp 1 is like 30 minutes and bootcamp 2 is 45??? have you tried those? I was wondering how they are.

I've been thinking about ordering some but not sure if they are good. I just ordered taebo extreme (the one where you use a step and light weights) but haven't gotten it yet. I bought it used from a private party.

Please let me know how the other ones in the 4-set are when you get a chance.

Thanks,
kristie Schultz

Beside the BB Ab dvd this is my first BB bootcamp experience. I'll go watch the dvds now...

So here it goes. I was watching the Ultimate BC and the Abs dvd while I was on the elliptical today. The Ultimate is 54 min long and it seems like a very serious butt kicker. Those bands make this wo very hard. I can hardly wait to do it tomorrow. The ab is 34 min and also very hard. The jury came back this morning. Billly Blanks is a KEEPER. I'm glad that I bought these dvds. :) :) :)

I have been wanting to order the set. I actually taped the infomercial today!:)

I wonder why the infomercial has them cheaper.

I would love to hear how you like the advanced when you do it.
I love Billy and I think the band would make the movements harder just having that little bit of resistance.

I am so tempted.:) }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }( }(

Deb

I have to say that I did order them then cancelled. Good times the company that makes the video is HORRIBLE with customer service. Yes they are advertised for 39.99 then the shipping is close to 20.00. I was emailed that they recieved my order then 2 weeks later it was processed then they said that they never got my order!! So I will wait until they arrive at target or college video.
Jenn in Jersey

Mari

I was wondering how long it took to get your order?. Thanks and let me know what you think of the workouts.

Jenn
thanks for the info on the customer service.

Deb
:) :)

It took them about 2 weeks to arrive. The customer service is pretty bad, but it was bad with P90X too, so I didn't care much. I actually called them because I didn't know if my order went through, I've never received an e mail to comfirm it or so. But my credit card got only charged when I finally got an e mail that they have sent the stuff.
Yesterday I was not sure if I wanted to keep the dvds, since that basic bc was nothing special, only those bands made it a good wo. But watching the ultimate bc today I think I'll love it. It's definitely the use of the bands that makes it special. The ab dvd is hard as it is, harder then the only abs dvd. And I can do abs all day long! I'm gonna be sooo sore tomorrow! mari :D

Great workout / poor quality

I am new to Billy Blanks and love his workouts,BUT I'm finding the quality of the dvd/videos isn't the greatest One might think it was recorded on a very lowgrade of material. I also have noticed that he may have you doing 28 of something on one side of your body and after you have switched over to the other side,he starts talking ( Ilove that part) but, he loses count, and you end up doing 35 on this side. You do have to keep track, or you feel lopsided !! Otherwise his workouts are awesome:)

RE: Great workout / poor quality

So I did it this morning! Actually it is not as hard when you do it as when you watch it fastforward....:) But anyway, it still gets my B+. The highlight of the wo is definitely the resistance band part. There is also some cardio w/ band, like jumping jacks and mountain climbers. My heartrate was between 70-80 % WHR. Again, what makes it different is the use of band. The jury went back in with this... Today I'll preview my new Tom Holland dvd that just came yesterday. Enjoy the day, girls! Mari

I also have noticed that he may have you doing 28 of something
>on one side of your body and after you have switched over to
>the other side,he starts talking ( Ilove that part) but, he
>loses count, and you end up doing 35 on this side. You do have
>to keep track, or you feel lopsided !! Otherwise his workouts
>are awesome:)

I HATE this! It's one big reason why I don't do Tae Bo more often. And I haven't seen a Billy workout that doesn't miscount(I had high hopes with Circuit II, but after 15 minutes, he starting doing 5 sets of knee-ups for abs on one side, 2 sets on the other...). I haven't kept track, but I wonder if it's usually the same side that gets short shrift? If somebody did only Tae Bo, they could end up with unbalanced oblique development (bad for aesthetic reasons, but also for structural reasons!).

I wish he would give Shelley a more active role in telling him how many reps or sets are left on one side. That's a valuable job for a background exerciser, especially when the lead instructor can't seem to count and instruct at the same time!

And *I* want to concentrate on the moves themselves, NOT on how may are left.

>So I did it this morning! Actually it is not as hard when
>you do it as when you watch it fastforward....:)

You could up the intensity by *doing* it fast forward!:p

>So I did it this morning! Actually it is not as hard when
>you do it as when you watch it fastforward....:) But anyway,
>it still gets my B+. The highlight of the wo is definitely the
>resistance band part. There is also some cardio w/ band, like
>jumping jacks and mountain climbers. My heartrate was between
>70-80 % WHR. Again, what makes it different is the use of
>band. The jury went back in with this... Today I'll preview my
>new Tom Holland dvd that just came yesterday. Enjoy the day,
>girls! Mari

Thanks Mari

you are funny thanks for the laugh. I bet it would look harder on fast forward. Did you do the advanced one?. Do you have other workouts of Billy Blanks? I really like the advanced get ripped 1 and 2 and his advanced live ones.I was wanting the taebo extreme but I am going to wait until walmart has it.If I could buy just the advanced bootcamp I would probally order it. I think for now I will stick to cathe's bootcamp I love that workout. I guess I will have to check out Tom Holland,I have never heard of him.

Have a great day and keep the reviews coming
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Have a great day.

Deb:)

Kathryn, thanks for the good advice... :7 :7
Also, sometimes you can't hear him because the music is so loud. But that's OK. I wonder if that "older" (hm... my age) woman in the program is his wife. The one that looks like an older and shorter version of Shelly. She is in an awesome shape!
This is my first BB. I think this BC is harder than Cathe's -- at least for me. I sound like a broken record, but the resistance band makes it tough. And I'm strong! Mari

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.