Bikini countdown - April 28

dutchgirl

Cathlete
Good Morning everyone,

Looks like I'm the first to start the check in today.

This morning I did the warm up and cardio section from Step and Intervals and then the cardio challenge from Step Blast. I hadn't done Step and Intervals in a while and forgot how great this workout is and how much it packs in in such a short amount of time. I kind of flailed during some of the cardio challenge from Step Blast. It made me realize that I'm still at the point with the workout that I require the build up of the combos to get them memorized so the challenge and blasts go smoothly. Just jumping right in was tough!

The weather has finally broken and the temperature should only reach into the mid 80's which is just perfect for me. The mid 90's we were having earlier in the week were too much (at least until I break out all my fans and muster up the courage to face an electricity bill after having run my air conditioniing :eek: .

Anyway, should get back to work I suppose!

Hellos to all!

Hello Sabine,
This morning I did Body Max. Believe it or not, this was one of my more recent purchases from Cathe! I've been working my way backward buying her DVD’s. Next is CTX series (actually the 8 pack - comes with Cardio Kick and Circuit Max). Body Max is my favorite step workout ~ and to me it's more difficult than IMAX. Not sure why that is, it kills me. But I love it!
My husband is home tonight, so I probably won't do another workout. I plan to make a healthy dinner for us.
It's kind of funny you mention how hot it is where you are. This morning we had a very light dusting of snow ~ and it's very cold, especially with the wind blowing hard today.
Have a great afternoon, I'll check back later.

Susan C.M.

Good afternoon, everyone!

Just a quick check-in. I'm having a hectic day, but I have to run out now for an errand. I'm happy to have the break!

This morning I did Janis Saffell's Kickbox Strike Zone. I really enjoy that workout. Brenda, thanks for answering my question on HIIT. I just wasn't up for that this morning!

Yesterday evening, I did Core Foundations, as I said I would, and also the Winsor 20 minute workout. I think I almost worked my core too much (is that possible?)! I know that several of you asked me about Core Foundations. I don't have time to really go into it now. If I can check in later I will, or I'll get back to you on Friday. I'd like to go back and look at your questions again before I answer. I can tell you that I like it a lot, enough to purchase the other two in the series for my birthday present to me (my birthday's tomorrow).

Have a great day! Talk to you later.

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! to all. Won't be checking in tomorrow til Mon. I'm starting on a new rotation next week so I'm taking an active rest week.

Lisa- wanted to tell you Happy Birthday! in advance. May it be a wonderful day for you.

Sabine- I haven't been working out for the last couple of days and it's been good for me. I'll be ready for my new rotation when I return. I'm with you- I like the temps to be in the mid 70's to 80's.

Susan- have a great time with DH and enjoy that delicious and healthy meal you have planned!

Big hellos to Cindee, Shywolf, Kim, Judy, Pinky, Joy, Tracy (hope I didn't forget anyone!) BTW, did anyone read Dani's post about that wedding dress for sale on Ebay- too funny!:7

Elizabeth

Good Afternoon!

Just got back from WW meeting. One of the members got her liftime today and she has lost 112 pounds. She looks great!! The topic today was society's opinion and view of overweight people and the things that we do to tell ourselves that we are a great person.

Tonight is step class. I didn't go to body bar last night because I was just so tired and really didn't want to go and knew if I went I would be wishing I'd stayed home. They had doughnuts this morning at work and yes I ate 2 glazed - but I tell you what I wasn't a bit interested in snacking the rest of the morning.

I really need to go to the grocery store and get some healthy food choices. My husband isn't home alot in the evenings so I'm usually on my own for dinner. It's hard to want to cook a meal for myself when I have stuff to just heat up real quick. Anyway my lunch hour is about over and I wanted to get some reading in (Dan Brown "Angels and Demons").

Happy Birthday (day early) Lisa!!

Hello's to everyone

Have a great day.
Kim

Hi everyone,
Thanks for remembering me. Welcome back Pinky. Glad you had such a good time.

I'm still doing yoga and not much else. I can't seem to want to do a workout that might aggravate my leg/groin/hip. I did make a dr appt for tomorrow, so I'll see what she says - probably step one of many. I'm hoping to get a PT referral because I think PT's really know what they are doing when it comes to muscles, joint ROM and that stuff.

It sounds like everyone is doing really well. Susan, I think the Body Max step is so hard because it is so FAST. I remember someone posting the beats-per-minute in Cathe step workouts and this one was the fastest.

Kim - I'm nearly finished with Angels and Demons. I am at the point where it is 11:12 PM on THE DAY! I was in Rome last October so I'm LOVING reading the Roman scenes and I'm WANTING TO GO BACK to Rome! The same thing happened when I read The DaVinci Code. I wanted to head out to Paris.

I'm trying to psych myself up for a May rotation that includes cardio/weights and (mainly) yoga. As usual, I'm having difficulty figuring it all out in a manner where I won't be trying to do too much and setting myself up for discouragement and/or injury.

Keep up the good work all!
-joy

Joy-
11:12 PM WHAT SUSPENSE!!! I'm just at the part where Robert and Vittoria are entering the vault to find Galieo's book showing the path of illumination (Ch.49) and I already want to jump ahead . Did it not annoy the poop out of you the way that Commander Olivetti would not cooperate in finding the cylander right when they got to Rome? I wanted to read this one first because it's the first of the Langdon adventures and I wanted to get a good character background on him before beginning The DaVinci Code (and it's not in paperback yet - I'm cheap :) ). Since you've been to Rome - what's the deal with not being able to wear short pants inside Vatican City? Is that true? I wish I could travel to places like that. I've never been outside the US. I guess that's why I read books so much - to travel to different places. Talk to you later,
Kim

Yes Kim,
I'm sure you (I think this is women) cannot wear shorts in St. Peters. Its probably also true about other areas like the Vatican Museum. But I doubt that it could be enforced in St Peter's Square - which according to Dan Brown really isn't part of Vatican City (don't know if that is true)

Oh and those Swiss Guards are for real too - even their uniforms and according to our guide at St Peter's they have to be good looking too! (oh and they ARE)

You cannot even believe the stuff in the vatican museum. They have Nero's bathtub - made from porphery marble - which is purple and very heavy The marble to make it was shipped from Egypt. There also isn't any more of it. This bathtub looked like a birdbath only it was ABSOLUTELY HUGE. It was about 5 ft high and I don't know the circumference but it took several steps to walk around it (you could stand maybe 12 people shoulder to shoulder around the perimeter - maybe more. (I could be way off here, I just remember it was huge!)

Now Kim, no fair skipping ahead! ha! ha!

-joy

Hey everyone,

I'm back.

First-CinDee, can you tell me how you do HIIT with Boot Camp? Do you just do the cardio only, or maybe the cardio and kickboxing? It sounds like fun.

I looked at the questions that some people had for me for Core Foundations. They were pretty general. The workout is 45 minutes. It hits almost everything from neck to triceps to calves, at least a little, but the focus, or course is on the core. In this tape, that means mainly your torso, rear and inner and outer thighs. You use a stability ball, light medicine ball (I use 1 kg, or 2.2 lbs, and can't see going much above 4 lbs because of what you use it for), and a paper plate. A lot of it is balance, rotation and stabilization. There are some exercises where you squat with the ball between your knees, hold the med ball over your head, and then bring the ball down in one hand while rotating to that side (like passing something behind you), and then bring the ball up and do the other side. Then you squeeze the ball with your inner thighs. It doesn't sound too exciting in writing, but I think it's a worthwhile exercise. With the stability ball, you also do roll ins, then roll ins with rotation (they seem much harder to me) and one legged roll ins--tough, but I'm getting better and felt pretty strong with them last night. There's also some cool side plank work, some with the ball, some without. On two of the exercises, you're on your side, either supported on your forearm or with your arm straight, and you have the ball in between your legs: one of the bottom, one on the top. Then you do side dips, and the exercise that Cathe does in C& W where your on your side and rotate down.

I have to say that I feel very worked out when I'm done, and I sweat up a storm. It's hard to figure out how to fit it in a rotation. It's really functional strength, and not traditional weight training. I just decided that my core is my focus right now, hence doing this and kickboxing twice a week, along with one day of weight work, and now, one day of HIIT. As I said earlier, I did get the other two, but I'm waiting until tomorrow to open them.

I hope that helps!

Hi Lisa and everyone else, too! Sorry this is so late in the day but the boys and I were at my parents today and we just got home. I use the Boot Camp cardio only premix + the kickbox premix...this is usually after a weighted workout, so it's short but intense. I've also thought of doing the cardio+legs premix (skipping the weighted stuff), then the cardio premix and then the kickbox premix for an even longer version, but that would be tought to get through. Yesterday I used the treadmill for HIIT by running at 8 mph for 2 minutes and jogging at 6.2 mph for one minute. My plan was to do this 10 times, but by the eighth time I knew that was it! I SOOOO wanted to stop and barely made it through the 8th interval.

Today will be either spinning with DH or PS legs with cardio. It depends on what he does.

Gotta go to baseball practice!

CinDee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.