Biggest Loser 9/22

cakebaker

Cathlete
I watched it this morning (usually watch it on the weekends, but I couldn't wait) & was again dismayed because of the huge unrealistic & dangerous weight loses. Come on - week 2 & some lost way more than 10#?????!!!!! That sends such a bad message - no wonder so few of those contestants keep their weight off after the show!

Getting to know the group a little more this week, and I think Shay needs to put a cork in it - shut up, work out & mind your own business! Of course, conflict & bitching is good TV, we all know that! I like Danny - I hope he stays a long time.

I think it needs to be put into prospective. I need to lose 10 pounds, so I would lose maybe 1 pound, they are much larger people, so I think that is why the loss is so great. Plus, what else do they have to do, but focus on weight loss.

I think I would be bitchy too if I was only allowed 1200 calories and expected to burn 6000 in one day, ;).

I really liked the idea of replacing half the pasta with zucchini, I'm going to try that tonight!

I really liked the idea of replacing half the pasta with zucchini, I'm going to try that tonight!

I thought that was a great idea too! My BF was making fun of me for it.

Shay was getting on my last nerve. Sure, Julio didn't seem too into it but does she remember the hissy fit she threw last week right before she WALKED OUT on her trainer?! So she should just stop her whining...

I LOVE Danny and am so glad he came back for the show! I'm also glad he kept a lot of the weight off that he lost from last season.

I love abby. I have cried everytime she comes on to talk. Like when she was talking to her mother on the phone on last night's episode I was crying like a baby.
I couldnt even imagine something like that. She has lots of strength and courage. She is an amazing woman.

I agree

If you look at the sizes of these people and the fact they haven't exercised at all and now their calories are severely restricted and they're working out pretty heavily, I believe it. It always gets harder to pull such high numbers though, as we've seen on the past shows. What week is that? Week 3? Where, historically, the lowest numbers are usually pulled?

I hate watching them in the first several weeks but the transformations are amazing. I love that part, when the end is near and they're normal sized people. Awesome.

Historically, it's week 2 where they usually pull the lowest numbers and people sometimes even gain weight. That's why Bob and Jillian were so worried even after the contestants told them they won the challenges and only had to lose 115 pounds. That means each person had to lose a little over 7 pounds each which is a lot for week 2.

Marcy

I was soooo happy how they worked together as one big team to succeed! :D It really feels like they are getting back to the original purpose and trying to reduce the *game play* aspect! Yeah!!!

For some reason I couldnt' get into this week. And I usually love the show. Maybe it was just my mood.

I TOTALLY thought the same thing about Shay shutting her mouth about Julio!!!! Mind your own business, biotch! ;)

I am also shocked these people are limited to 1200 calories. that does seem unsafe with all the exercise they do. I'm surprised they lose weight after a few weeks, that their bodies would go into starvation mode the REST of the time? I'm sure they're used to eating about 3000-5000 calories a day! Cutting back to say, 2000 would be enough to START the losing process, i would think.

I actually liked the show this week. None of the fighting and the madness. Everyone pulling for each other. I thought it was good they focused more on nutrition but I agree probably starting at 2000 would still be enough for them to start losing but since the show's all about big numbers, I'm not surprised. It would just be nice if the women who lost 4-6 pounds were happy. In the real world, 4-6 pounds is a great weight loss if not too much. Maybe they should teach "slow and steady wins the race".

Marcy

:eek: OH MY GOODNESS 1200 calories :eek::eek::eek: ....I must have missed that!!!

I would be one BITCHY lady on only 1200 calories a day....maybe that why Shay was ;)

Therese

For some reason I couldnt' get into this week. And I usually love the show. Maybe it was just my mood.

I know what you mean. For me it was the product placements, the amount of different segments, and two hour episodes.

I know what you mean. For me it was the product placements, the amount of different segments, and two hour episodes.

Maybe that was it. Too long. And seemed so much of the same thing. Bored me. But I do love the show, usually!

thanks for concurring!!! :)

This is the first season I've been able to watch Biggest Loser (thanks to my new DVR) and I just watched week 2 this evening. I actually love it so far .. but don't have any other seasons to compare it to. I agree that the "lifestyle" is a bit drastic... I read somewhere that the contestants work out for HOURS every day ... combined with the severe calorie restriction ... this is unrealistic. But it IS television!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.