Bicep Moments

Rena

This post is inspired by Lori's post when she had a "pose down" with her husband.

Lets share some moments in which we have flexed those biceps whether in public or in the privacy of our home.

I will get it started.

My DH and a group of friends went out for dinner a couple of weekends ago. After dinner ended I leaned back and yawned with a stretch (unknown to me I was flexing my biceps). One of the women we were with said "OH MY GOD, LOOK AT THAT BICEP". Everyone looked and asked me to flex. I was embarrassed by the attention but proud to show the product of my hard work. One of the other ladies commented that she thought my biceps were bigger than all of the men. I don't know about bigger but certainly better shape and more defined since none of these guys work out.

Since then I have been noticing biceps more and more (men and women). You can certainly see who works out and who doesn't. It gives you a great amount of confidence when you are proud of your efforts.

Lets hear some bicep moments.

Yup - I too have started noticing stuff like that. I went to London recently and my friends and family who haven't seen me for over a year were surprised at the amount of weight I had lost. Someone commented on how skinny I had become and said I definitely needed to put on atleast half a stone in weight. I argued that I was light but fit. Someone else then said - "just look at your arms, they look matchsticks". So I just flexed my skinny arms - the expression on everyone's face was priceless! Needless to say I did not hear a peep from anyone after that about having to put on weight - just lots of questions (particularly from the men) on how I had managed to build so much muscle.

YES!

Great timing on this thread! We were at my in-laws this past weekend and my hubby (who just completed his 9th. week of working out with me using Cathe tapes!! Woo-Hoo!) was telling his parents how much the workouts have done for him, strength-wise and endurance-wise. He then preceded to have both his parents feel his BIS or "guns" as he called them (Where in the world did that expression come from??:7) Then, he said, wait til you see Deb's! I then flashed them a quick flex feeling quite embarrassed and his Mom says, "Oh my gosh!" I guess my hard work is really showing! Not to mention my DH is proud of me too! http://www.plaudersmilies.de/happy/xyxthumbs.gif

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Go Us!!!

I was braiding my hair and my husband said, "Wow honey! I can see all the muscles in your arms flexing. You look great!" I quickly threw my arms down, let the braid unravel and hugged him. I was so happy! Great thread!

Hi,
I have been doing cardio for about 20 years but never weight training up until about 6 months ago (never liked weight work until ctx series). I never received a compliment on my arms in 20 years and then about 2 months ago a couple of women said - Wow, what are you doing to keep your arms so shapely? I felt so great that someone noticed my hard work even though I didn't think it was noticable. Thanks AGAIN to Cathe. If it wasn't for her I probably still wouldn't of started with weights but her workouts are so fun!
Joanne

RE: YES!

Deb, you oddball, the only female in your family with muscles! ;-)

My moment came last week when I was going to carry a box full of our church newsletters out to my car, and the guy who always waits on me at the printers lamented that I never let him carry the box out, that I always insist on doing it myself. I just happened to be wearing a sleeveless shirt that day (a first for me) so I flashed him a bicep flex. He said my biceps were bigger than his, and they probably were!

That made up for my bad Victoria Secret moment.

I have two: A couple weeks ago as I was sitting at my desk at work discussing some boring client with my boss he stopped mid sentence and poked my bicep and said "Holy cow, look at that muscle" and since I wasn't flexing I thought that was cool. The second was when my husband came into the room while I was doing CTX biceps and he said my biceps looked as good as Cathe's (this of course is not true but I loved him for saying it!) Guess all those hated crazy 8s are paying off! :)

Lorrie

I usually feel weird posting to these, cause I don't want to be pictured better than I am, but I'm gonna jump in! I've been working on doing a chin up for about...oh forever now, and hubby was timing me in a hold at the top and said "Look at those muscles bulge". I wasn't sure if he was serious, but he was! And then of course I'm always flexing for myself in the mirror :-shy

Andrea

CONGRATS to you all! It's great to know all your hard work is showing through now, huh? If ya got it, flaunt it. After all the hard work that goes into those muscles, you all deserve some major compliments!
Great job! I am really proud of you all....
Trevor :) :-jumpy

I had a "bicep" moment yesterday :)
At work a co-worker (female) came into my office and asked me to help her replace the watercooler bottle. So I said "maybe it would be easier if I just do it myself." (I'm 5'4" 120) and she said "YourSELF? Those things weigh 40 lbs!" and I said "Sure- I do this all the time" so I slowly lifted the bottle and set it in place with ease, and she was wide-eyed with amazement! She said "OMG look at your biceps! WHAT do you do for exercise?" and I was all happy, and just said "well, everything, I guess". :) (Cathe's workouts do incorporate a bit of everything!)
Lisa

PS I should mention that a year ago I would have been completely unable to replace that bottle- I used to go get help too! Functional fitness indeed!

Great thread!

I had a great moment last summer when I was walking up a hill wearing a halter top and a woman walking a stroller behind me said "Excuse me, are you a fitness instructor? I'm just asking because of all the muscles in your back". It was great because it came from a total stranger and I wasn't flexing. I had originally planned to take the day off from weight-training and be a "normal" person enjoying a leisurely stroll along the boardwalk, but when I heard her comment, I went immediately back home and picked up a barbell.

Also last summer at my brothers' cottage, my sister told me to keep on gesturing with my hands as I talked because she was "transfixed" (she's a writer) by the movement of my muscles. (Unfortunately, there were no barbells available that time)

Then today, my co-worker called me "muscle lady".

I LOVE muscles on a woman. Don't understand for the life of me why a lot of women find it unattractive. While other women are checking out each other's clothes and jewellery, I'm scoping their biceps. Afterall, you can go out and buy clothes, but money can't buy you muscles. Even if you have a personal trainer or own all of Cathe's strength videos, it's YOU and you alone putting in all the time and effort and pumpin' that iron. (Let me add here that I couldn't have done it without Cathe as my personal trainer, pushing me to finish that last set. Thanks Cathe!)

Congrats to all the rest of you who have had a muscle-mania moment!

Patricia

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-08-02 AT 06:32PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi All: :)

I'm pretty new here and just started getting into Cathe's videos in the last few weeks and trying to get into shape again without killing myself. I bought CK, CTX, MIC and MIS and the story about how I found out about Cathe I'll have to tell later.

I hope to someday be as fit as the rest of you. I got a big kick out of those stories you guys told about your "Bicep Moments." Some of them were funny and some just plain inspiring. But I must have missed the one about Lori in the posedown with her husband. What was that about?

Anyway, an idea came to me that Cathe must have some good stories to tell like those of Rena, PRFitness, Debbie and others. If you read this Cathe and you're not too busy with the little ones, entertain us with a story or two. If you don't mind. I love your videos by the way. :7

Best wishes to all,

Martina

I was playing Hippolyta, the Amazon Queen, in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream last month and I was also on the tank top rotation. I was supposed to wear arm bands on my upper arms, but my dresser finally gave up because after a few weeks, they wouldn't fit anymore (too tight on my biceps!!)

Robin

P.S I felt pretty good out there in that tiny costume in front of hundreds of people because I've been working out with Cathe for years - no one can guess I'm 47 - that's a secret I keep from my directors!! :)

Hi Robin;

I'm sure you played the Amazon queen part perfectly and the directors don't need to know your age. :)

Your message made me wonder how many of you measure your arms when you're measuring your chest, waist and other parts. In my case I measure to see how much I'm Losing on my arms because that's what I'm trying to do, lose the flab. I think I've already lost a little in the first few weeks of Cathe videos. Yippeee!! The rest of you may measure to see how much muscle you've gained, which I will hopefully do someday. I'll bet Cathe, Lori and many of you have next to no fat on your arms. Certainly not Cathe.

Are you talking about this lori? The one where my husband and I were out for wings and he noticed my arms? Just wondering if it was me you were talking about?
I am just gone into my 5th week of tank top rotations.And I am seeing amazig results.So the only thing about this weather of course is the fact that most times we are wearing tank tops.So I find that you can see my bicepsa and shoulders alot more.
I am having numerous comments on my arms and although I work out to look good ( one of the reasons) when people notice my defined look and comment I get embarrassed.I would much rather if they notice and not mention it.If that makes any sense.My husband is always trying to get me to flex in front of his friends and I just cross my arms and run away.I don't like being the center of attention.
So I don't have any stories in paticular,...but it just seems to becomming a everyday thing for me.And then people ask you"do you work oout"? WEll, does it look like I work out????
ANyway everyone have a great day
Lori

Another moment!

Why is it that we are embarrassed??? I had another moment happen! I feel like I am bragging, but write this only to say that all our hard work DOES pay off, so keep it up everyone! Anyhoo~This story involves my whole arm, not just biceps. My daughter & I walked into a Foot Locker store at a mall about an hour from my house that I have only been to twice. When I walked in, the salesgirl started helping my daughter find the right shoe and we got to talking. She said, "You guys were in here about a month ago." I said, "How can you remember that?" She said, "Because, when you walked in, I remember thinking I'd kill for those toned arms!!!" Talk about a red face. What could I say but THANKS!! Woo-Hoo!!!! ( & this is coming from someone who thinks I still have a ways to go.) I guess others do see us different then we see ourselves. Keep on pumpin' everyone!http://www.plaudersmilies.de/party/yelclap.gif

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Another moment!

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Jul-10-02 AT 05:12PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Lori:

Yes, you're the Lori I was asking about. I found that old post and find it funny that at first your husband seemed to be embarrassed by your arms, at least compared to his, and now he wants you to show off your arms to everyone. What a trip, but way to go girl! Like Debbie said, don't be embarrassed by them. It would make my day if someone said to me what that girl said to Debbie in the shoe store. Those are moments I would kill for. Keep up the good work all of you.

Love,

Martina

P.S. I'm sure Cathe must have many good stories like the ones you all have told. Cathe, if you come back to Open Discussion and find this, tell us a few if you don't mind.

RE: Another moment!

We are awesome aren't we???? I also went to a BBQ last Friday evening.And some how my workout issues kept comming up. The kids were in the hot tub and I looked out the kitchen window to see them.I had to get up on my tippy toes and of course my calf muscle popped out.Then my sister-in-law flips out....OH my Lord...look at the muscles in her legs.And she was just shaking her head.So all eyes on me. Every women turned and looked.Then she made numerous comments about how in shape I am and how much I work out.Then my husband says (you know my sweet darling???),she wonders why her calves are so big, she does aerobics 3 hours a day.So of course everyone thought I had problems for a brief moment.
I said..no I do not...and he says well 2 hours then....I was like no, more like 45 minutes.Of course when you do aerobics and then power hour it takes a couple of hours.Most women just wonder where I get the will power.I am sure eventually it becomes some form of addiction.Which,in my mind is a good addiction.
I would love to hear cathe's stories as well.I was also the topic yesterday evening to...it is time to leave me alone.Now...if only I could eat a little better and get my middle toned up....
Lori

Ah yes ... bicep moments.

I had one last night. I'm in martial arts and at class last night they guys have been on me about the tightness of movements and my fluid of motion.

They were showing me about a block technique that will really hurt someone when done correctly. They kept trying to get me extend my arm more than curling it up like an upper cut.

They told me that my bicep would have more power to hold my arm in that position during the blow. I didn't believe them so they grabbed my bicep and I was impressed with myself. I've gotten some very defined biceps. I don't look at them often. So for me to feel them, I was impressed with myself and happy as all get out.

Now, the guys at the dojo always grab my biceps and triceps and tell me all the time that I'm strong. Sometimes I feel like a zoo animal because they don't find many strong healthy HARD HEADED females that will pay to get their butts kicked.

Keta. :D

[link:home.attbi.com/~marwrihu/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html|Home Page]

[link:mykbtfit.net/|KBT Forum]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.