BFL It's Saturday! 10/20

geojill

Cathlete
Good morning everyone! I hope you don't mind my starting the thread today. I am so excited to get in a workout this morning as this past week has been...well...off. I'm planning on doing LIS and some of Tae Bo Rockin' Abs. I figure I won't feel as bad tonight at the Melting Pot knowing that I at least got in a good workout this morning. Last night I sat down and wrote out what workouts I want to do for the rest of the month. I'll be alternating Power Yoga Total Body with cardio like intervals on the elliptical or LIS. I'm looking forward to moving onto Low Max, too.

I'm up early, I've eaten my breakfast, and I just can't wait to get that post-workout feeling, you know?

Have a fantastic day everyone!!

Good Morning Jill, and all who follow!

This is the end of week four for me, and I'm a little discouraged. I AM NOT getting the results Gayle is getting. (Great job, Gayle!) I was hoping to see some loss on the scle this morning, but nothing. I'm at the same weight I was a month ago. My pants are fitting better, I know there are some changes, but I really wanted to see a loss of 2 or 3 pounds, you know? I need it for continued motivation.

Eating has been right on, I've gotten every workout in, and I have consistently increased my weights. Argh, what is up?!?

Anyway, hope everyone else is doing well and enjoying their Saturday.

Jennifer

Jennifer, you should ditch the scale. You said that your pants are fitting better. You are losing fat and gaining muscle (picture a large, light exercise ball and a small, heavy medicine ball..which would you rather be?). The scale cannot determine the difference between fat and muscle. Let your better fitting pants be your motivation!

I got in my workout and feel fantastic. And after my abs workout, as long as I don't laugh for two days I'll be fine! LOL

Thanks for your encouragement, Jill! I know you're right, but some things never change, you know? I have that ideal number in my head as my goal, and I have a hard time letting go of it. Your exercise ball vs. medicine ball is excellent though. I'm going to keep thinking about that today and knock this blue feeling right out of me.

Glad to hear you're feeling great today! Keep up the good work.

Jennifer

Good Morning to you all!

Jill: Great plan to have your workouts all mapped out for the month. I have mostly the weight workouts planned but no the cardio. This is great idea to add on to the schedule I made for myself in the beginning of this challenge.
Happy Birthday to You! :+ Have a great one.

Jennifer: I agree with Jill. Also, you might want to just check your weight if you have too...only once per month. This way it will be a clearer picture as to how all your effort is going. Sometimes doing weight workouts can make you gain a little in the beginning but after awhile things start to slide in the other direction. Post this as a question and see what other people would suggest.
Anyway, you must be doing something right because your jeans are looser.
What is your plan for today's workout?

I went out last night to a dinner for my brother in-law. He is running for Ward Council again and this was a donation drive. I didn't end up eating anything because it was your basic boring function meal. Chips/dip, cheese & crackers, fried chicken and so on. Yuck!
I came home and ate my already made salmon with zuccini.
Went to bed around 9:30pm and got woke up by my husband coming in to bed around 1am. Have been awake ever since. I got my daughter up for her catering job she had to be at in Boston by 6:30am.
So by 7am I went out for a 32min 3.5mi easy run in the rain. The fall colors are incredible and very up lifting.

Now it is almost 1PM and I am going to go to the Clam Fest in Essex MA. Hopefully they have some good food that can pass for BFI eating otherwise today will be my free food day.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I look forward to starting another week of this challenge. So far so good with sticking with my workouts on a daily bases.

Take Care,

Jill, somehow I missed that it's your birthday. Happy Birthday to you!! Hope you're enjoying your day.

Heidi, thanks for your suggestions. I think you're right about weighing only once a month. I'm kind of a scale addict. Much better that I used to be (I seriously used to check 4 or 5 times a day), but I still rely on it too heavily. Maybe that needs to be a goal for me for this month, to stay away from the scale! It undermines my trust in this process. I'm going to try it.

The Clam Fest sounds like a blast! I hope the showers don't find their way to you. I've got some pretty big dark clouds hangin' around here right now. :(

Sounds like you had a great run this morning! I did a LBWO this morning, and I'm feeling it now. I figured out a way to heavy up on my barbell without having to lift it over my head. I load it with a weight I can handle (65 lbs.) and put that on my shoulders, then I call my son in from the other room and make him load on more plates! I was able to go a lot heavier than I do when I'm alone. It'll work out great when he's around. Unfortunately, he goes to his dad's two evenings a week, which is when I get my weight workouts in on weekdays, so I'll have to come up with another method.

Geesh, I hope you get some sleep tonight. Maybe all that warm clam chowder will do the trick. ;)

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

I got in a little rest this afternoon so I am feeling better now thanks.:)

As for the barbell problem...can you use DB's instead? ( 2 30's to equal 60lbs that is) Although I think holding 30's on your shoulders would be a problem...holding them at your sides is always an option.

I mostly use DB's instead of the barbell it just makes it easier for me. I am of course going to need to get more sets in different weights real soon.

On some of Cathe's workouts she jumps from 15 to 20 pound weights but for me I try to make these jumps smaller ie: 10-12, 12-15, 15-18 etc. I will have to search the stores for different weight increments. 22's, 25's, 27's etc. I tried to hold a 15 and 10 the other day for a workout but that was really difficult as you might imagine.

What LB workout did you get to do today?

Have a good night:)

Hi Heidi,

How'd the Clam Fest go?

I've been doing the Pyramids for all my weight work the past three weeks. I switched over from Slow and Heavy. I love the Pyramids for some reason, maybe because they move along pretty quickly. To make it fit with BFL, I go up the pyramid with Cathe, then I pause it and do a heavy 6 rep set, then while she's going down the pyramid I do my two sets of 12 at my lightest weight. I don't know why I need the video, because I could do these exercises myself, but there's something motivating having the video playing, like I'm in a class with other people or something. I guess "misery loves company"? I have a Bowflex that I should be using because it will allow me to go really heavy, but I just haven't been able to leave Cathe and make the switch yet. Maybe in a few weeks if I'm bored. The only thing I don't really like the Bowflex for is squats. I just find the setup awkward. But it's great for leg extensions and hamstring curls, and even a leg press. (The more I write, the more I think I should be using it!!)

I understand what you mean by trying to increase in smaller increments. It's hard to jump up five pounds at a time! I've been checking out the Bowflex Selecttech 552 dumbbells for precisely that reason, but I'm having a hard time justifying the cost of them right now. They are so expensive! I don't know...I could be convinced though... ;) ;)

Jennifer

Hey guys! Late post for me. I've had a BUSY BUSY day. Started out with my 5K race. I went in with a goal time of 26:30 and I BEAT IT! I clocked in at 26:24!!! I placed 3rd in my age group, with the first 2 ladies merely SECONDS in front of me! I felt great!!!
From there we hit the town's Halloween Parade, then straight to my son's BDay party at the YMCA! Now it's time to eat dinner and head out for Ladies Game Night.

Food was ALL ON TARGET TODAY! I planned ahead, packed a mini cooler when needed (which was pretty much ALL DAY, lol) and I've succeeded. Last challenge for the day will be tonight with all that food around. I will be chewing gum and chugging H2O.

Sorry to be quick...but I'm running in 10 different directions! lol I haven't even read your posts yet today, ladies...sorry! I will do that now!

Tomorrow is my Free Day, and I'm planning on cleaning it up a bit. I'm making the Albacore Tuna Noodle Casserole from the EFL cookbook for lunch/dinner. BFast is going to be the PB Chocoloate Myoplex in the cookbook as well.

FEELING GREAT! And people are starting to NOTICE!

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.