BFL for Tuesday 10/9

geojill

Cathlete
Good morning everyone! I hope you don't mind that I started today's thread. I'm up earlier than normal to get my cardio in before DD & DD wake up because after DD goes to school I have to take the dog to the vet.

I got my elliptical yesterday so I'm really excited to use it! I have my ipod all charged up and can't find my headphones so I need to run out to the car and grab DD's :)

Oh, and I just found out that on Wednesday, Oct 17, my cousin Tommy will be on the show 'Till Death' (I think that's the name) with Brad Garrett. He is the waitor. He loves to act and went all the way to CA (from Philly) to try to get a non-speaking part because before they can join the union or something and move on to speaking parts, they have to have a non-speaking part first. So if you watch that show, keep an eye out!

Well, I'm off to get the headphones and work out, I'll post back later :)

G'Morning Jill~ :)

Thanks for starting us out. I feel real good this morning.
Arm/abs from BBC (Barry's Bootcamp) last night. My arms are still fatique & shakey...DOMS are setting in.

How excited for your cousin .. I will have to look out for the show and watch it. How do you like your Elliptical? After watching the treadmill clips last night on BBC, that will be my next purchase.

My Fave Uncle is up from AZ this week, he goes home tomorrow. The family is having a get together tonight ...so I doubt I will get to my workout...we'll see.

BBL,

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jenn~
www.picturetrail.com/fitness-momx2

I'll be sure to look for him Jill! How cool.

I did my cardio today. It was day 3 of the couch to 5k program. Suprisingly, it is already easier than last week! I'm pumped!! I could have kept going:)

I missed PUB yesterday, so I might do it today. It will throw things off a bit, but it will be ok. I"ll do PUB today, PLB tomorrow, then get back on track with cardio on thursday. How's that sound??

Jessica

Hey guys! Good morning!

Jessica-that plan sounds just fine to me!
Jennifer-Glad you liked the BBC workout! I love the TM cardios on that set!
Jill-hope the ellip treated you well! lol

OK...I have to be quick. I'm all packed and ready to go. I think I mentioned this to you guys...I"m taking the boys an indoor water park for today and tomorrow. They have NO CLUE we're even going. They just know we're going to do something fun, and that it's something we haven't done before! LOL I can't wait to see the look on their faces when we pull into the parking lot! LOL

I've got a cooler of BFL-worthy food ready to go. I've got enough for 8 small meals (I packed 2 apples, 4 string cheese, 2 bars, 2 AdvantEdge bars, and 2 homemade tuna wraps.). They have food there, of course, but at least this way I save money AND know the food is BFL! I am, however, planning on dinner at their cabin-themed restaurant tonight. I already checked out the menu online and they offer salad selections with grilled meat. SO....I WILL EAT CLEAN FOR THE NEXT 48 HOURS! I WILL I WILL I WILL! lol

Tomorrow's UB workout will get done when we get home and the kids get tucked into bed.

OH...and this morning's cardio got done early. I did the HIIT on the treadmill and got that sick-to-my-stomach feeling again! LOL It's all good, though, right? Then I followed it up with abs, and Stretch max with the band. I'm impressed with how my flexibility is coming along!

Gayle

Good morning, good morning:7

I did Step & Intervals again for my cardio this morning. It is still pretty darn tough endurance wise, although I did get through it without taking a break.By the end of the 12 weeks I want to be able to get through all of IMAX 3.

Thanks for the welcome back everybody! My family and I were in Dallas for an educational summit about hemophilia with inhibitors. It is a combination of work and personal. And while it certainly was fun and educational, it wasn't a vacation and we really never left the hotel!

:-( But we had a really good time in the bar on Saturday night though:eek: OOPS! }( Yes, I was a little bit bad, so I guess you could say Saturday was my free day. However, I was good the rest of the weekend.

SO! Gayle, Holy Cow girl, you are really moving the iron! I am feeling my workout from yesterday but nothing like what, I'm sure, you're feeling today!

Jen, I'm glad to hear you aren't taking the Kohl's job. Sometimes it is so hard to make ends meet and yet when we give up all of our so-called "leisure" time we just exhaust ourselves and wreck what enjoyment we do have.

Jill, I have an elliptical and I love it! Mine has 20 min. pre-programmed workouts but I also love to use some of the walking workouts you can get on CD. Of course, with your Ipod you'll be good to go!

Heidi, averaging 4 workouts a week is good! That's what I used to average until I got into this slump????That I'm not sure came from where...did that make any sense??? Anyway, I also noticed looking at my logs that I tend to do a lot more cardio than weights just because the cardio is so fun....but I KNOW that I MUST do more weight work to get the shape I want!!!!

Does your family eat the whole wheat spaghetti too?

Veronika, great idea - - keep our word on clean eating!!! What can we do to punish each other severely for not eating clean....as many push ups as a person can pump out for each discretion???? }( }(

Sorry about that, I'm feelin' frisky today!

Jennifer - I wish I slept better!! I still have trouble sleeping even when I exercise faithfully every morning. Maybe I need to work out harder!

Okay, working from home today because my soon to be 5 yr old is impatiently waiting to go to the pumpkin patch for his preschool field trip!!!

Everybody have a great day!
Kerry

Jessica, that sounds good to me!

Jenn, I LOVE my new elliptical! I did the interval program for half an hour and it REALLY got my heart rate up. Thursday I'll have to wear my heart rate monitor and see how many calories I burned (not like I use it for anything but it's kind of fun, you know?). Saturday for cardio I'm doing a 5 mile hike...can't wait! It's absolute bliss for me to be hiking up in the mountains. Tomorrow is PUB and I've decided to do PLB on Friday instead of B&G Leg Blast. So between PLB and the hike, I may not be able to walk on Sunday ;-)

Boy, I loved getting up a bit earlier and getting my workout done before everyone wakes up. For the longest time I used to do this but then I started having major sleep issues so I would sleep an extra hour, have breakfast, and then work out after DD went to school. I may try to do this on a regular basis if I don't poop out later.

Have a fantastic day everyone, I'll talk to you later!

Oh, Kerry! I like the idea of push ups for UNclean eating! LOL

HEaded out the door. Be back tomorrow night!

Gayle

p.s. OH! Forgot to mention that BF told me last night that he's decided to order P90X! Yikes! I need to focus! I really want to follow BFL as closely as possible. But I know that between Cathe's new series, the new Tracey S vids shipping and now BF's P90X, I may just get distracted! lol

Good Morning everyone!:7

It has been a hectic morning so far. Everyone is finally off to work or school and I can catch up with you all.

Kerry: I used to do a lot of cardio which was mostly running on roads and did many races. I fractured my tibia (worst place possible) and that put an end to that for about a year. I now run on mostly trails and this helps.
Oh, my family loved the dinner last night. We mostly eat whole wheat breads and so forth anyway. They tell me it just has more taste than white bread or pasta. Good thing for me! ;-)

Gayle: The in-door water park sounds like a lot of fun. What a great surprise for the kids. My DH and I recently checked one out in my area and are planning on going soon.
For my cardio today I am going to run in Ravenswood Park to check-out the race route. There is an upcoming race there this weekend. My daughter and I might be doing this...I have to ask her still. We plan on going for a walk this afternoon when she gets back from college.

Jessica!: Glad to see your back and keeping with your program! :D Doing PUB would be fine to do after your cardio. Keep up the good work!

Jenn: I like BBC arms/abs too. My sons use this together and compete with each other for who can go the longest. Have a great family get-together!

Jill: Glad to hear you are enjoying your new elliptical. Does yours have different programs too? I would love to get one for my birthday or christmas ...or my anniversary. (They all fall between the 21st and 31st of December!) ;)
That's way cool regarding your cousin Tommy. I wonder if I even get that program out here in the N.E

Oh, Kerry: I too like that idea of push-ups if we are bad. Sounds like a good incentive to do our best. (I hate push-ups!)

Well, on to the days workout and my daily life.
Take Care All and have a good one.

Good Morning Everyone

Rotation: Slow & Heavy/week1
am: Imax 1 (1-5) completed
pm: S&H chest/back & abs

You guys are on the ball keep up the excellent work:D

Gayle, that indoor water park sounds like so much fun! I think there's one in Denver maybe that I could take DD to. She would love that!

Kerry, I really feel ya on the sleep thing. I have had sleep problems on and off for YEARS and recently I went to the doctor because I'm tired of being tired. I've tried all the natural remedies and none of the prescription stuff worked. I can fall asleep just fine but I can't stay asleep. The one time I felt rested in the morning was when I went to bed LATER so I need to try that again tonight. The only problem is, I'm so tired from getting up early and being tired all day that it's hard to stay up a bit later.

Heidi, my elliptical does have several different programs on it and it has a fan on the console, which I love. It's the same brand as the one I lent to my parents and I have yet to be disappointed. I usually do the rolling hills feature but today I did the interval program and holy cow, it really drove my heart rate up. Between yesterday's lower body workout and today's elliptical workout, I can totally feel my hips and thighs when I walk!

Hey girls,

I am running so late this morning.I will get in cardio in about an hour. Yesterdays PLB workout has not made me as sore as lasts week, even though I went up in weight. Very Happy!!!I can actually walk today.

I am so glad everyone has got there workout in already. Y'all are awesome.

I will respond to everyone after my workout. Bye For now.

Veronika

I'm back and I did my abs and Imax2 for today. I don't think I would have done it or even be consistent with working out if it wasn't for this challenge. So, I thank y'all again for being here with me on this journey.

Gayle, we don't have anything like that here in Midland and I wish we did. My son who has autism loves the water and water slides and all. He would have such a blast and we could go year round.My other three children would love it also but I would do it more for him because there are not a lot of things that keep him engaged like the water.

I've heard so much about the P90X.I would have a hard time focusing also if I had it Gayle. But, when we finish this challenge in December you will be in even greater shape to do the P90X. Do you need any special equipment to use it?

Jill, I'll be looking out for your cousin. I always have fun telling people that I know someone on TV because this person knows this person from......

Listen y'all ,I've got to get back to home schooling. And you already know I type real slow so I can't reply to everyone at one sitting. I'll catch the rest of you later. BYe.

Veronika

Jill! That's my main problem too! I fall asleep but don't stay that way. I've tried all the home and natural remedies too. I've never tried a prescription but I'm getting to the point that I may try one.

Veronika, don't worry about posting to each of us!

Kerry

Hey guys, I just found out that the show is on FOX, next Wednesday night at 8:30 eastern/pacific, and it's on at 7:30 mountain time.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.