BFFM check-in 5/2/06

janiejoey

Cathlete
Hi all,

Marcy, sounds like you are top notch, head of the class doer here. I'm in awe about your exercises. I want to be just like you someday. As far as the eating, well, the best management for ourselves is to journal everything, and that is where we see are mistakes, and try to do better the next meal. You can't dismiss our own family, so we try to keep on track in spite of them, but if you mishap on a day, please, don't beat yourself up for it. Life is life, and it's what you really want that counts, as challenging as it is sometimes, you have to make it happen. We are our own persons.

August, Congratulations! I'm so glad you were able to download the book. Now all you have to do, is read and benefit from all the great advice in there. From reading it and doing it, perhaps you can give all of us tips. love to see fresh ideas.

Kathy, welcome to the check-in, we're glad you're here. It's really nice to meet you too. For myself, I've been with BFFM about a year now, and lost weight, and gained tone. I'm looking forward to gaining muscle as well. I have to plug along, slowly, because it seems to work for me that way. Love your slogan by the way.

Janie

Good Morning.....I would love to share some eating ideas - I am running behind alrady this morning but I will be back tonight!

Hi there,

I've been reading and reading and have just finished chapter 2. I wrote out my goals. I even started writing out goals that have nothing to do with fitness - like goals for my work and also goals for my personal well-being. Just being more aware of what I want and where I want to go with it...just thinking more positively...that first chapter - even just that has totally been worth the price of the download already, and I haven't even gotten to the plan yet!

One thing that sort of surprised me (I guess it should please me but for now the newness of it just sits weirdly) was that when I calculated my "ideal" weight to my goal body fat %, the weight in pounds turned out to be 3 pounds heavier than I am right now. Of course, who knows, that might be totally wrong because I'm measuring my body fat on a stinkin', lyin', no-friend-of-mine Tanita scale! ;-)

Are you guys using the Accu-measure?

After writing that I decided to calculate some other body fat % to see what happened and it seems like what I thought was my "goal" body fat % (20%) puts me at a higher weight, where 17% puts me at a lower one.

Does that mean that I'm not setting my goal high enough? ;-) x(

No, no, I know it's not about the pound numbers but still...maybe I should shoot for 17% so that I don't have the mindset of needing to gain weight, which sounds weird!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.