Best workouts for working out anger/stress/sadness

Hi,

I've been working out with Cathe videos a long time, and they've always made me feel better (if sorer). I'm really over the top now, with the sudden death of my brother due to another driver, and have been trying to work out some of the anger/denial feelings with exercise. It's always helped before with bad days, when I need a break. Long walks haven' t helped this time, and alcohol's not a good choice (We all drank way too much around the memorial.)

What are the Dvds/premixes that help other people get out frustration and stress best? I have most of her videos. I did KPC, but it really wasn't enough. Maybe I should try something harder or something easier. Working out with Cathe and crew usually make me feel stronger or give me that cardio mood boost, but my brain is short on ideas just now. Suggestions?
My heart goes out to you and your family. You’re all in my thoughts. Kickboxing helps me and so does lifting heavy. Pyramid workouts are my go-to, especially when I’m angry or depressed. I select a starting weight heavier than I would normally use. I focus all of my frustration into lifting that weight and by the time I’m done I’m a hot sweaty mess and I feel better.

I also love bodyweight exercises. Bear crawls, crab rolls, breakdancers, plank shoulder taps, rolling planks, inch worms, donkey kicks. Step ups. Bulgarian split squats, gorilla walks, Spider-Man climbers, skaters, sprinter steps. BJ Gaddour is my go-to for bidyweight cardio. ❤️❤️

I am so sorry for your losses and know you must be hurting a lot. I did an oldie but goodie step from Cathe that kicked my butt this a.m. and put me in a good mood, Step Blast. An all time fave for me. I have felt good all day.

My condolences on your losses. So sorry that you have experienced so much difficult loss recently. Sending lots of hugs your way. For me, lifting heavy, punching the heavy bag, and doing complicated step choreography help me get outside my head for a while and relieve stress. I think you have some good ideas. Thinking of you, and wishing for peace for you and your family.

Workouts are one option when you're feeling down, but if you're not a gym lover, you have to find comfort in something else. Personally, I was devastated when I had my dog stolen. I couldn't sleep at night, I had panic attacks and always thinking about my Jakey. I was already dealing with panic attacks before that but when he disappeared they became stronger. My therapist, knowing me ever since I was little told me about the best kratom vendors, heard about kratom before but I wasn't sure if it was worth it. My best friend was taking it for a while and it helped him calm down and keep the panic attacks under control. Now, every time I'm feeling angry, sad or I just have a bad day I take it to calm down. It does wonders.

Last edited:
Run, spin, something where you don't have to think too much....I'm a Christian for me I pray for God to take my anger away....I hope you find some release from you anger.

My greatest sympathy with you in such profound grief.

Particularly, boxing is known as a crucial mood swinger, and the best way to overcome anger by hitting a punching bag. It can take an individual away from ruminating thoughts and worries. It also provides fun activities to forget about previous incidences.

According to Bruce Lee:
“If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.”

Sourced

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.