Best stretching video?

Audryb

Cathlete
I am looking for a stretch routine or two to do after I run in the mornings. I could just stretch on my own, but I'm one of those people who's more likely to actually DO ______ (insert anything in the blank) if I have someone telling me what to do. If I try to stretch by myself I'm just as likely to not hold the stretch long enough, skip body parts, get bored, etc.

So, I'm looking at the downloads, in particular the extended stretch from STS and 2 of the 3 Stretch Max segments. (I don't have a resistance band, so that SM one's out), but the others all look good. Is it worth getting all 3 for variety, or do the STS and no-equipment Stretch Max one overlap too much?

I know it's not like any of them are a lot of money, but I'm just looking for opinions. Thanks!

I find that STS Extended Stretch is very different from the Stretch Max routines. I love both of them but I tend to reach for Stretch Max the most when I want a through full body stretch in a short amount of time. I think STS Extended Stretch almost has a yoga feel to it, especially the first 5 minutes. I think you said you didn't have a thera band but the 3rd Routine on Stretch Max which is the Thera-band routine is my all time favorite.

My favorites stretch dvd is Stretch Max with the band. I do it everyday when I run and love it!!

...Cheryl

Another vote for the band Stretch Max being the best. It gets your hamstrings stretched out like nothing else.

Get the band if only for this stretch routine! :D

Definitely buy a band and the Stretch Max w/band workout. Its only 17 minutes and so soothing after a run. I just did it this morning.

Another vote for StretchMax with the band. My all-time favorite as well. But, if you're looking for something slightly shorter, I also use the first segment of Total Body Stretching a lot. It's about 13 or 14 minutes and really stretches the legs well. It uses no equipment. I did it last night after a 4.5 mile run. Have fun stretching! It's my favorite part of any work out. :)

anne

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Stretch Max with the band. Bands are super cheap - totally worth getting. Plus, you can then get Travel Fit, which is also a great use of the band!

Thanks everyone. I got the Stretch Max segment with the band, and the STS stretch for now. Now I better get a band!

Idk if you have a Ross store where you are, but I see the Cathe/Altus bands there all the time for around $5. Occasionally I even see other brands there for the same price or less.

Boy am I glad I found this thread! I really have tight hammies (although Cathe's deadlifts have really helped loosen them up!), and need a good stretch routine. I'm going to check out Stretch Max!:eek:

You don't need no stinkin' band for the stretch max video - a bathrobe belt works just fine :)

Sorry to dredge up this old thread, but I FINALLY tried the stretch max with band video this morning and I agree with everyone who recommended it - it is AWESOME. I still haven't found time to get to a store that would sell the bands, but I really wanted to do it so I grabbed the belt from my bathrobe. I think a stretchy band would have been better for a couple of the stretches, but hey, whatever works, right?

Thanks again!

You don't need no stinkin' band for the stretch max video - a bathrobe belt works just fine :)

This reminided me of when I first tried Stretch Max years ago, before I ever had a band. I used pantyhose.:eek:

By the way, Stretch Max with the band is also my favorite.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.