Best shoulder workout.

Debinmi

Cathlete
I'm thinking of adding in a day for an extra shoulder workout (my weakest link). Out of Cathe's dvds, which do you think has the best overall shoulder workout that incorporates front, rear and side? Or is there a combo of dvds that would do this too? TIA, Deb

Good question...I have found that XTrain is quite good for this area. Lots of options between the extra delt workout, the kickboxing, the 100 rep challenge (scarecrows), the burn sets and more.

I also like the drop sets Cathe does in STS.

Interested in what other Cathletes have found works well for them.

Thanks for your reply Jane! I've decided to add a Back, Chest, Shoulder day (eliminating bi's & tri's since they also get worked as accessory muscles). This will decrease the time needed for the lifting portion, and I'll be able to include targeted stretches/mobility/recovery work.

I agree with you about XT, especially since it has 2 workouts for C/B/S, the Rear Delt Bonus and the 100 Rep Challenges.

I note that Ripped w/HiIT has a shoulder routine on both UB workouts - one for front, one for rear, but also includes side.

Slow & Heavy's shoulder routine is 31 minutes and works all areas.

Strong & Sweaty's Ramped Up UB looks pretty good too, and I'd eliminate the bi's/tri's for this added day.

And ICE's Muscle Meltdowns for these three areas also look good.

Interestingly, the original BodyMax looks to have a shorter UB mix that may be a good "add-on" day.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Wow Debinmi you are amazing! Great research on this. This really motivates me to get some of these out. Slow and Heavy certainly is a strong contender for top choice.

What is your goal - strength, hypertrophy, endurance? I am thinking that may help determine which rep range you want to work in. All the choices you listed are so fabulous, but your goal/reps may help narrow it down.

Thanks Jane, -- good question.

I think I'll start with endurance then move onto strength... your question also has me thinking about using some of the STS for this project...hmmm ... that could be an interesting use of STS ...

It isn't a full shoulder workout, but adding XTrain Rear Delts (it is an add on...maybe 10-15 minutes?) 1-2 times per week really helped improve my strength and shoulder definition! This made me stronger for full shoulder workouts.

It isn't a full shoulder workout, but adding XTrain Rear Delts (it is an add on...maybe 10-15 minutes?) 1-2 times per week really helped improve my strength and shoulder definition! This made me stronger for full shoulder workouts.
I agree ... I had the best results with Xtrain & did that Rear Delt bonus weekly. Thanks!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.