Best exercise for strong shoulder's

mini-natty

Cathlete
I HAD to share this vid with all of you. I have been doing this exercise for about 1 month now and I'm seriously impressed with how amazing my shoulder's feel. I do this move pre-workout and on my recovery days:

Best Exercise for Strong Shoulders - YouTube

Just a note about Elliott, he tends to swear. If you don't want to see the whole video and only want to skip to the part where he does the move, just scroll to 4:00. I would suggest you watch the entire vid though because he gives very solid advice. I have been following his tips/suggestions for a few months now and he's helped me tremendously with my overall strength training performance, recovery, and a lot of other things (non-training related).

Enjoy!

Natasha

Wow! Thank you for posting, Natasha - it is just what I'm looking for. How many time do you do it? Are you doing it every day? How long did it take to make a difference????
Sorry for all the questions, but my shoulders have been bothering me for a while, and this is the first move I've seen that looks as though it'll help.
Many thanks
Justine

Justine,

I do this move almost every day. I use it as part of my warm-up prior to strength training in addition to foam rolling on my recovery days. It is a good indicator of overall shoulder health (and very humbling :eek:). The first time I did it, I fell in love with the way it made my entire upper body feel. I have been doing this for approx 1 month and I definitely notice a difference. I would also encourage you to watch some of Elliott's other vids on shoulder health as they might also help you in your quest for healthy shoulder's.

All the best :)

"It's going to show up someplace else." How true!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing, Natasha! I'll definitely be working on this one.

I've been using this exercise every time I do Horizontal Conditioning since you showed me the link, Natty! :D I love how it feels after HC and I really feel like it balances out my shoulders after all that intense front delt work required in plank. Just yesterday, after doing November Hardcore Year 2, I did 3 sets of 12 reps with this and my shoulders felt fantastic. :) LOVE it!

When I was going to Crossfit we would do these before the WOD. Felt aweseome and definitely prepped me for the workout. We used PVC pipe a lot...it's a great tool to perfect form before hitting the barbell.

good suggestion

Funny you should post this, for the past couple of days I've been on an Elliot Hulse video kick. I found him because one of the Cathletes mentioned him. And then voila, a ton of videos. I don't aim for the same level of strength that he does, however I have had to over come some skeletal issues due to an accident and this just falls in line with that. Also, he is entertaining. He cracks me up. But, as one of the other ladies mentioned, he does swear a lot and will talk about anything, even topics that would not be good at work or for kids. I also like his other channel about business.

The video called 'Why Front Squats are Better for Athletes' is along the lines of the shoulder series. I really have to watch out for rounding my shoulders forward due to the scar tissue in my back.

Thank you for posting these links and introducing me to Elliot. I'll be visiting him for more advice and incorporating that shoulder move on a regular basis. Tried it today, used one of those wooden pole props that I got to use w/a Firm video years ago. I really felt it---surprising enough, it wasn't difficult to do the exercise.

Funny you should post this, for the past couple of days I've been on an Elliot Hulse video kick. I found him because one of the Cathletes mentioned him. And then voila, a ton of videos. I don't aim for the same level of strength that he does, however I have had to over come some skeletal issues due to an accident and this just falls in line with that. Also, he is entertaining. He cracks me up. But, as one of the other ladies mentioned, he does swear a lot and will talk about anything, even topics that would not be good at work or for kids. I also like his other channel about business.

The video called 'Why Front Squats are Better for Athletes' is along the lines of the shoulder series. I really have to watch out for rounding my shoulders forward due to the scar tissue in my back.

It was I that posted some Elliott vids awhile back when I discovered him :). Besides his swearing (and rambling sometimes, which I actually enjoy) he does give some very solid advice, and that's why I thought Cathletes would appreciate him.

I'm glad you find him helpful. And I'm sorry to hear about your skeletal issues caused by an accident :(. I wish you a healthy recovery :).

Natasha

Thanks for posting this Natasha! I'm going to pass this along to my DH because he has shoulder issues.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.