Best DVD's for brides!

lindsey

Cathlete
I was just hoping I could get some advice!

I am getting married the end of September and would really like to shape up more for my wedding! My goals are to lose about 15-20 lbs (I've recently lost about 15) and also to shape and tones my arms and back.

I have the Gym Style Back, Chest, and Bicep and also plan on purchasing the Gym Style Chest and Triceps.

I absolutely love step, but can not do it too much because I have Chondromalacia in my knees. I figure I can do step about 2 times a week - I have the Basic Step/Body Fusion combo and Low Impact Step. Are there any other good step videos that are easy on the knees but still are major calorie burners?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Lindsey,

Another good one that is easier on the knees is Low Max. It's an awesome workout, and you can really feel it in your legs! Low Impact Circuit is also another great one, and there is at least one cardio-only premix on it if you don't want to do the weights.

Good luck getting ready for your wedding!:)

Hi Lindsey, Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! I just got married about 2 1/2 weeks ago, and my goals were similar -- lean out, and look really cut and muscular in my dress!!

I agree with the above poster on Low Max and Low Impact Circuit. If you want to do non-step cardio, Drill Max is a good one.

As for weights, definitely get the other Gym Styles DVD. Leading up to my wedding, I did 3 weeks of Pyramids, then 3 weeks of Gym Styles, and finally 3 weeks of Slow & Heavy.

Good luck!!

What has helped me lean out was one of Fitness Freak's rotations. Three days of cardio and three days of weights and one rest day. My cardio sessions have included KPC, Step Blast, IMAX 2, and 4DS double cardio premix. The weights have been one day of total body, one day upper, one day lower. I try to go heavy when I do the upper and lower day. But the most important change has been my diet. I've really tried to eat clean. I eat 5 small meals per day with a little protein wtih each meal. This takes some planning but well worth it. For the last three weeks I have a protein shake as one of those small meals. I purchased a tote to bring my food with me everyday. I also have some healthy snacks in my desk drawer at work so I dont get weak and run to the candy machine.

If you do a search of these boards for clean eating you will find tons of information and ideas you can use to work for your lifestyle.

Believe me I'm not hard core because I do like a slice of pizza here and there. But paying more attention to my eating habits and a little planning has helped me tremendously this last month. Best of luck and congrats on your wedding.

Carmen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.