Best Cathe Workout for eccentric (negative) lifting.

Band pulls make my shoulder feel better. I just have to force myself to do it. I hope yours gets better too.

I do do bands too, especially the external rotation ones. Yes those work.

From the picture you have uploaded on your profile I can't see anything ugly. Keep us posted on your shoulder impingement. Take care gorgeous

I've developed tendon pain in my biceps/shoulders and read that working on the negative can help this condition. I'm taking some time to heal, but am hoping someone would suggest which Cathe DVDS/Live workouts concentrate on the negative movements. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hey @Osutxgirl , have you tried Cathe's new FIT total body? Have you noticed unilateral moves which could help
tackling shoulder imbalances while resolving shoulder tendonitis? I will revisit it twice before I fully share my views.
I love it and feel like cathe has read other threads:p:p;)

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/loo...rotator-cuff-impingement.304579/#post-2364017
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/shoulder-pain.303589/#post-2375243

I just got these. I did the legs and glutes, but haven't done the total body, but now I have to. I'll try it tomorrow and let you know what I think. I have noticed her band pulls during live workouts, and like in ramped up total body have helped my impingement. I should do them everyday, but I don't. I am signed up to go to Daytona. I've never done anything like that in my life, but my last kid is going to college, so why not? I'm nervous and excited at the same time. :)

I am signed up to go to Daytona. I've never done anything like that in my life, but my last kid is going to college, so why not? I'm nervous and excited at the same time. :)

Have fun attending Daytona:):) We could have made another selfie together LOL:p:p, if I had made it this year!
Looking forward to reading your views on Total body.

This does feel good on my impingement, even without a band. My tendonitis has cleared up, but my right shoulder is impinged for sure. I take it slow and and trying to do my pt.

Hey @Osutxgirl , have you tried Cathe's new FIT total body? Have you noticed unilateral moves which could help
tackling shoulder imbalances while resolving shoulder tendonitis? I will revisit it twice before I fully share my views.
I love it and feel like cathe has read other threads:p:p;)

https://cathe.com/forum/threads/loo...rotator-cuff-impingement.304579/#post-2364017
https://cathe.com/forum/threads/shoulder-pain.303589/#post-2375243
It took me a while to get to this because I was in a ration with my daughter. Once I did it I really liked it. Yes it does help my shoulders. Cathe has incorporated a lot of shoulder band work in her live workouts too that really help. I love live workouts, but I'm going to go through STS with my daughter to try and give her a better muscle foundation. I wonder if you know of any Cathe workouts that do four sets for building strength other than premixes or STS. I have never done pure strength, or some of her earlier stuff. My girl's almost 20, and she's been working out with me as she has time, but I thought she could do STS till Christmas, then take XTRAIN with her to college when she goes in the spring. I don't know...I like pyramid really well, but I think I personally need a little bit more hard core lifting. I may just have to do it on my one one week, then do Cathe's the next to try and grow my muscles a bit more.

I wonder if you know of any Cathe workouts that do four sets for building strength other than premixes or STS. I have never done pure strength, or some of her earlier stuff. My girl's almost 20, and she's been working out with me as she has time, but I thought she could do STS till Christmas, then take XTRAIN with her to college when she goes in the spring. I don't know...I like pyramid really well, but I think I personally need a little bit more hard core lifting. I may just have to do it on my one one week, then do Cathe's the next to try and grow my muscles a bit more.

STS is great. Completing it with your daughter is a cool idea. You will encourage each other. I know what you mean by liking live but still wanting to embark on some hard core lifting:p:p.

As to highlighted above I do not know any other workout. Your sentence above remind me of a 4sets idea still on the back burner
for me. I have done STS but thought I would give RwH 4 sets premix a try. Now that my shoulder is healed i should give a try:):)
Have you seen those last premixes from weight segments. This is the only I can think off right now. I will let you know if I
manage to find more.

If you have access to the blender, you can mix ICE to 4 sets. Exercises are straight forward.
You can mix upper Ramped up too from Strong and Sweaty. Phew!;);):p
We shall keep each other posted on this;):) --- Great idea!

ETA --- Lis triset upper body workout contain 4 sets per muscle group.:p I have done it in the past without realising....:)

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.