Best Amy Bento workout

I love everything Amy (except Rumble) but my newest favorite is Kickbox Surge! Amy's workouts are tough, creative, and fun!

Anybody have her kettlebell workout?

I have them both and I love, love, love Kettlebell Dynamics. It is very easy to modify to more basic moves without the added "stuff" once one is familiar with basic kettlebell moves. LOVE it! Amy is the reason I got back into kettlebells. I also enjoy Lauren Brooks kettlebell workout and I use Lauren's and Amy's a lot!!!

I'll be the odd bodkin and put in a plug for Amy's earlier "A-Team Bootcamp". The structure is very similar to Cathe's original Boot Camp and Drill Max, with 6 drill blocks of cardio, leg work, upper body and core. In "A-Team Bootcamp" the cardio drills are two minutes each, which makes 1 to 1-1/2 minute intervals feel like a walk in the park, and a couple in particular (fast football feet interspersed with plyo lunges, AND her flying "curtsy leaps") turned my legs and heart to rubber. Which is just how I like it.

Other than that, I also like the cardio intervals in "Hi/Lo Dome Challenge" (especially her bounding one-footed hops), and the cardio intervals in "Hi/Lo Xtreme" (especially her "football weaves" and her "race runs" - two great low-impact burners) and "Hi/Lo Cardio Knockout".

Because I'm a disaster with choreography I stick with her intervals. That's plenty for me!

A-Jock

I love Amy workouts. I think my fav is Hi/Lo Knockout. I love the music and when I'm down and out and can't decide I usually grab this workout. ;) Pick a premix and sweat for an hour.

OK, I tried Kickbox Surge, which I liked, but it was a bit too high impact for my taste. Still like ITR better--lower impact & more cals burned.

But I have to point out one thing that kind of bugged me. Normally I'm not one to care about production, attire, instructor's form, etc. But whenever Amy does a hook or uppercut her hands aren't in fists. Her fingers are like delicately out there reaching for a china tea cup. I don't get it--the first thing I learned when I took ju jitsu was how to make a fist so you don't break any fingers when you hit something. Amy would break her entire hand! :eek:

Anyway, a DVD worth having, I just found it a bit distracting.

I noticed that as well, Laura. Also I didn't like that she keeps singing the songs...and singing the wrong lyrics! However, I love the music and it is a good workout so I can overlook the little quirks.

Carrie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.