Belly button piercing?

I used to have my belly button pierced. I had to remove it when I got my BA done. I could not get it back in myself and stupidly never got my butt to a place to have it put back in so I let it close. I now want to get it re-pierced but it's stupid to do until I'm done having kids.....AAAARGH!x(

It's really frustrating cause my abs look a million times better NOW then they did when I HAD the darned bb ring!:-(

FIGURES!!!

>Interesting thread. I've been thinking about doing this for
>my 39th birthday (in Feb. '07) Any advice on finding someone
>reputible?
>Thanks for feedback and have a GREAT Friday!
>-TJ

TJ,

I'm not sure how to find someone to do this. I'm going to the place that did my last tattoo, since they were very clean and professional. Also, the owner is a client of mine, so I like to reciprocate business! A poster above from San Diego had some advise. Perhaps there is a publication like that in your area?

Good luck with yours! Seems like we're not too old after all! I'm super excited about getting mine!

Edie

The beauty of piercings is you can always remove them, and you are far from old so I say go for it! I had mine done years ago in Miami on my first day there. You are not allowed to use a swimming pool so I was in the ocean every day for 10 days and it healed BEAUTIFULLY because of the salt water. I highly recommend taking a tropical vacation or, cleaning with Bactine and warm sea-salt water daily. The latter is cheaper! Mine never scarred or became infected and I swear it's because of the ocean.

I rec. getting pierced with a ring then moving on to a barbell - just my opinion.

Some people are allergic to certain metals so whatever works in your ears, if they are pierced, should work in your belly too.

Good luck!

Oh My! I was 50 years old when I got my belly button pierced. I was 45 before I got my first tattoo.

Actually I got my "prison tats" and belly button piercing the same day!

You can get infections, but only if you mess with the piercing all the time. I used Dial Antibacterial soap one time a day and left it alone.

I usually wear the jeweled flat barbells because they don't stick under clothing and hose and the like. When I am modeling I use the fancier varities that dangle. It's not really good to wear heavy dangle ones long because they will begin to feel really heavy.

Surgical steel and sterling are all I can wear in my piercing. Gold and gold plate caused allergies in me.

I would advise only surgical steel -- the piercer will put in the barbell and while they aren't really flashy, you will have to wear it for 3 months or so. The first change can be daunting, but I got my husband to help me.

Now I can change them in a flash!

I have everything from Marilyn Monroe's face on a barbell to stoned barbells to the fancy and expensive dangle ones that rival glitzy earrings.

A heads up though -- it hurts! The best thing to do is hold your breath when you are being pierced. It's a pretty fast procedure.

But expect to be sore....very sore and tender for a few weeks or so. A caveat: My piercing went through old surgical scar tissue, so my experience may be the exception instead of the norm.

The main thing to watch out for is rejection -- it happens a lot according to the girl who pierced my navel.

I love, love, love my pierced navel. I am not pierced anywhere else except the ears.

I have 6 tattoos, but most are not large. The most prominent ones are the black ones on my arms. Three are tribal art and mean nothing in particular and the one on my leg, bicep, and right back (medium size) are of roses because I love flowers!

Go for it! At the nail salon where I go, there are ladies 85 years old who get this really WILD nail art!

I hope I never think I am too old for fun things. And belly button piercings are pretty darned fun!

I hope I wear mine into eternity........I never could part with my pierced navel now!

hi again! sorry i took so long to respond, i don't know how to check it so my emails will let me know when there is a response to a thread...anyway.....
the ones that dangle from a bar or a captive bead are regular body jewelry, the reverse styles look like the jewelry is coming right from the piercing, not hanging on the captive bead or bar (kind of hard to explain) the tribal is a type of design, sort of like tribal looking tattoos, most are stainless steel and come in many colors, you can find body jewelry anywhere now and are not as expensive as they use to be, try ebay, just type in reverse tribal body jewelry or reverse style body jewelry, also just type in the reverse style and see what comes up, these are easy to change, much easier than captive beads! good luck:)

cin Wed Oct-25-06 11:21 PM
Charter member
37 posts

#348611, "RE: Belly button piercing?"
In response to Reply # 18

hi again! sorry i took so long to respond, i don't know how to
check it so my emails will let me know when there is a
response to a thread...anyway.....
the ones that dangle from a bar or a captive bead are regular
body jewelry, the reverse styles look like the jewelry is
coming right from the piercing, not hanging on the captive
bead or bar (kind of hard to explain) the tribal is a type of
design, sort of like tribal looking tattoos, most are
stainless steel and come in many colors, you can find body
jewelry anywhere now and are not as expensive as they use to
be, try ebay, just type in reverse tribal body jewelry or
reverse style body jewelry, also just type in the reverse
style and see what comes up, these are easy to change, much
easier than captive beads! good luck:)

I'm now 55 and had it done a couple of years ago. I love my piercing!

It didn't hurt much and it took about a year to heal. Then came the beautiful buys. It is so much fun. Everyone should have fun in their lives.

Amy, did you do it yet? I hope so.

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

It's funny that this post resurfaced today!! I'm going in tomorrow to have it done!!!:+ A little nervous, but excited! I'll let you all know how it turned out!

Amy did hers a couple of weeks ago. Hope it's going well!

Hey Edie!

Mine is doing fine! In fact there are times when I actually forget about it, then something reminds me because it will "twinge". Usually something "Cathe" like supermans or the like. Today, I was doing GS B,S, & B and when she went to do the back thing off the end of the step, I was like, "He!! no, that ain't gonna happen!!!" :D

Good luck tomorrow!!! Unlike Amy above, I highly recommend NOT holding your breath! As a nurse, I am well versed in breathing through pain, it helps! Although mine wasn't much painful. And the thing with the rejection, that happens often if the piercer doesn't get enough skin pierced. The salt water soaks work great!!! The place should provide after care soap, they didn't recommend using anything from the drug store as the anti-bacterial properties tend to be too harsh.

Will check in with you later, girl!!!

Amy,

I'm so glad you did it. Now, when you lose weight you can reward yourself with a beautiful belly ring. Isn't it great?

Take care,

Janie

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return"
Nature Boy by eden ahbez 1908-1995

You have to do it do get the curiosity out of the way. I sadly have to say I removed mine I got it done in April for my 35th birthday. I am mature and I loved it, however, I personally was sick of cleaning it all day long and I wanted to get back to my ball workout and p90x workouts. I did not want to wait for the healing process I tried changing it there were so may cool things out there I disinfected it before putting the new one in and it started all over again I know 6 months to a year but like I said I wanted to get my workouts accomplished Running or anything like that did not hurt it just the few banana rolls in P90x and stabitlity ball moves Yes you can substitute it it was just me. I thought maybe I would be one of the lucky ones 6 weeks and good to go. It in no way shape or form hurts getting it done just a little prick. Watch pants or skirts if they fall in that area the rubbing is irritating so wear all low rise. I even had it lucky wearing my bikini all summer long and shorts so good luck you will not regret it.

beth6395

Good Luck! you'll love it, hang in there, it does take a real long time to heal! keep us posted:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.