being preyed upon....

jrossi

Cathlete
Do you ever feel like people are preying on us to get us to buy their items from other websites? I'm not naming names or anything, but I see this quite frequently on this site. It is annoying. Just venting....

Jennifer

I guess I never paid any attention. I'm clueless.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

~So many views, so little replies~

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

>Do you ever feel like people are preying on us to get us to
>buy their items from other websites?

No, I don't.

Maybe I should just take a chill pill then. I just feel like people come from other websites coming to Cathe's to try to sell us things. That's all. Like they have a captured audience...

I'll chill out..

Jennifer

I think sometime people will enthusiastically recommend something without meaning harm. For example, I am a shameless lover of cardio coach and I tell anyone and everyone who works out on a cardio machine that they must have one of his workouts. I am sure some people must wonder if I work for him...LOL!

I am curious now - do tell! I felt like that a few months ago when Amy Bento and Barry's were mentioned a lot, but then I realized it was just people sharing different experiences. Let us know what you mean though...

Clarissa

Oh my goodness. Please don't take this wrong! I really don't want to name names. But it is people who come on to the website with a brand new name with their first posting advertising their stuff. Not when everyone recommends and and gives advice. I'm so sorry if I offended anyone.

Jennifer

I don't think you offended anyone. I think it is a fair question as people frequently use message boards, listservs, etc to pimp their products. I'm sure it has been done in some capacity here as well...in fact there was a recent P90X thread that was let's say interesting....(and pretty funny actually).

I know what you're talking about. I've noticed over the past couple of days a certain poster with a low post count promoting someone else's product shamelessly.

It happens. People have to sell their stuff somehow, right?

I really hope that wasn't directed at me. I've been on these forums for a couple years now and didn't think it would be a big deal to put my MDB site link in my signature or answer questions about P90X/ pullups. I think there was more P90X talk about a year ago, I'd actually never heard of it before this forum! I figured if people were going to buy it anyway they wouldn't mind me posting my page... I would hope that I've contributed in other ways to the forum and not just using it to *plug* myself.

So sorry if that offended anyone as that's never been my intention.

Well if you buy my book "Never be preyed upon again" you'll learn how to put those predators in place. Visit my site www.IAmKidding.com

You'll learn how to make millions of dollars assisting the deposed Nigerian Oil Minister launder his money! You'll learn how to buy offshore pharmaceutical products that the FDA is preventing the sale of but will make your life great! You'll learn how to be a product evaluator and you can keep the products! You can lose all the weight you ever wanted to without dieting or exercising!

All this can be yours if you act now!!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist

Ok, I'm not gonna lie--I know exactly what the OP is talking about (I think). I haven't wanted to mention it because I don't want to rile people up. There seems to be someone who is new to this site that is promoting the new spin off of cardio coach workouts that are done by Candace. No big deal. It just kind of annoys me.

And of course there was the weird thread a few weeks ago that got heated when a new member decided to defend P90X to the death when someone asked how it might compare to STS. Weird. Just weird.

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I would have bought from you Jess, just for your attitude, if I was into p90 stuff.

And no, at least for me, this was not about you at all.

~* Vrinda *~

Thank you, I really appreciate your taking the time to post. Just wanted to make sure that I didn't offend anyone. (I'm such a dork when it comes to things like that! :eek: )

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.