beginners yoga (again)

D

Debra

I just got Suzanne Deason's Yoga for Weight Loss after following up on recommendations here & checking reviews at Amazon, Collage, & Video Fitness. While the tape is misnamed, it seems like a terrific intro to yoga. The DVD version allows one to pick from the 4 levels & to jump to a "personal instructor" for more detailed instruction.

The camera angles are very good & Deason's verbal cueing is excellent. One of my frustrations with one of my few yoga tapes, Yoga for Athletes, is that the verbal cueing is incomplete & you have to check the tv screen to figure out what you're supposed to be doing when your head should be down. It's much easier to follow Deason's verbal cues.

This is a beginner workout & is great for flexibility & relaxation, not for fat loss. The setting is beautiful - on a mesa near Sedona Az (you can often see "Coffee Pot" in the background).

The Living Arts videos seem to be everywhere. After I ordered mine from Amazon, I saw it at Sam Goody's, Borders, an Origins boutique, & a Discovery Channel Store.

Debra

Hi, Debra, I just bought Total Yoga by Tracey Rich and Ganga White at Target. I love it! It helps that I am pretty flexible and strong but its meditative and I think it's a good tape. No chit chat, just a flowing practice.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.