Beginner Step and Beginner Kickboxing

lovetorun

Hi Cathe Members,

I'm trying to change up my workouts. I would like to learn Step and Kickboxing. I am an On Demand user so I have access to all the workouts. I reviewed the Rotations section for any Beginner Rotations and dont see them.

Can anyone provide guidance on what workouts I should start with for Step and Kickboxing.

Thank You for any support you can provide!:)

Hi!!!

For Step: Basic Step (30 mins), Low Impact Step (37 mins), Low Max (70 Mins) but you will have to build up to this my advice is to do all the step routines and not the step blasts, on demand you can do it premix section, on the dvd you can do it as well, body fusion step (but that has weights, if you don't want to do weights fast forward, there is not a premix on demand), Body Blast Step, Jump, Pump and do the Premix Step Only (it gets a little advance, but it is short and your feet are changing some directions in the last part of the routines), after this the workouts get more and more advanced with the footwork. Also, check out Cathe Live with Step. You might find one that you might like.

As for Kickboxing, I can't help you there. I am not a guru for that. But, I do know the LITE series Kickboxing is good for a beginner (I should know because I am one) other then that I have no clue.

Remember when you do Step take your time. You can trip, so easy does it!!

Jen Den

I second Cathe’s Beginner Rotation. There is no Kickboxing included but you could try subbing it in place of a step workout.

I don’t do on demand but I think these DVDs would be available on demand as well. Kick, Punch & Crunch has a great pre-workout form review. It also has a 7 minute warm-up followed by 7 minutes of lower intensity work. Things ramp up after that but it feels easy to modify to me.

I also agree that the Lite series kickboxing is easy to follow and modify as needed.

Adding that, yes, ICE KB is also great!

Thanks for putting this rotation from Cathe!

I agree about the IMAX workouts! Those are really tough if you new to step!

Thanks again,

Jennifer Denny

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.